Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Mother of Emiliano Sala blasts Cardiff City & Demands Ju

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:We did announce Sala as our player and for nearly four weeks we said he was our player.

We owe £15mill over 3 years minus Agents fees in my eyes.

Nantes FC have done nothing wrong.

Cardiff have now admitted the contract error was done by them and are trying to get out of paying on a tectnicality.
In the long run clubs/agents players will not want to deal with us and that could prove way more costly and our good name will be ruined.

To the football world we look awful and that in the long run could be way way more costly to us a club.

Regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, don’t you think every single football club on the planet would be doing the same as us, Annis?

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:12 am

KWest wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We did announce Sala as our player and for nearly four weeks we said he was our player.

Cardiff have now admitted the contract error was done by them and are trying to get out of paying on a tectnicality.
In the long run clubs/agents players will not want to deal with us and that could prove way more costly and our good name will be ruined.

To the football world we look awful and that in the long run could be way way more costly to us a club.

Regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, don’t you think every single football club on the planet would be doing the same as us, Annis?

Agreed, for years people on here have moaned about money being wasted and paid out too easily. This regime is now putting some proper governance behind what we pay out and still people aren't happy :banghead:

It may well make us unpopular with other clubs/agents but that doesn't make us wrong as long as if we receive confirmation that everything is in order, we pay up.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:54 am

The first payment wasnt scheduled to be made until weeks after ES "signed", if signing means anything.

Im guessing if we haven't paid anything to Nantes then we haven't paid anything to ES Estate either despite some speculation that we would have to pay out for the duration of his contract.

We are clearly not paying anything for fear of liability for the rest and by paying anything we are being seen as accepting a responsibility for the financial commitment.

Mackay will not get paid on this and he is obviously shitting himself.

However, our club will wish to have future transfer activity and it will be harder to deal with clubs, agents and players if we're seen to dodge our commitments financially which is clearly what we are doing.

Im sure lots of paperwork on transfers is not lodged correctly doesn't mean fees don't get paid.

If you've got a car to sell and two buyers how do you feel about selling it to a chap who you know bought a car off a mate and then took it back after the weekend and demanded part of the price back or he was going to report you to Trading Standards? You either wouldn't sell it to him or only if he paid more money than the other buyer or signed a disclaimer of some sort.

Its all gone very quiet and will no doubt pass across solicitor desks for months. It's currently irrelevant but when the transfer window opens next and if its not resolved and Nantes are complaining whoever is in charge of transfers at our club will find the task even harder.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:22 am

KWest wrote:

I would imagine every single football club in the world has done deals where there are small clerical errors that did not prevent those transfers happening.
and would also imagine they all had insurance..

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:58 am

I don't think every football club would be doing the same.

If the money, either a £5M first instalment or the whole amount, had been paid on the day of signing would we have a leg to stand on if we were now asking for it back? We wouldn't. In that instance it would then clearly be a matter of whether we had insurance in place for the event.

I don't understand how tax authorities allow the smoke and mirrors that goes on with transfer fees.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:23 am

Apparently they are suing nantes for negligence?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:11 pm

it's certainly looking like the club will avoid paying the transfer fee, if they are not legally bound to. but ultimately that's what the law is there for, to adjudicate in situations of dispute.

importantly, all the laws in question would have been known by both parties prior to this contract being entered into, so they only have themselves to blame.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:01 pm

Didnt i read s0me where that Sala`s m0ther was getting a milli0n fr0m the deal? I`m sure i did.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:48 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Sorry have to disagree with this. The full disclosure isn't yet out your jumping the gun. If Nantes are someway connected with Sala travelling back and the frankly illegal booking of non commercial flights then it should be looked into thoroughly likewise if Nantes and his agent fraudulently inflated his price with fake interest then this should also be fully investigated before handing over any monies.

As for agents not wanting to deal with us, the majority are loving this, McKay is despised within the world of agents they are enjoying his predicted downfall.

As for the football world looking on we are doing no different to what any other club would do.

I agree with welsh patriot, everybody I speak to in the business world has exactly the same answer. Until full and final investigations have been concluded you pay nothing. Once satisfied this has been done you then make the decision based on the findings. Paying without knowing the full and final details would be a poor business decision by the club. Nothing is tarnished, we have to look after our club. The media will try, as for future dealing will have no impact whatsoever money talks.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:07 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Sorry have to disagree with this. The full disclosure isn't yet out your jumping the gun. If Nantes are someway connected with Sala travelling back and the frankly illegal booking of non commercial flights then it should be looked into thoroughly likewise if Nantes and his agent fraudulently inflated his price with fake interest then this should also be fully investigated before handing over any monies.

As for agents not wanting to deal with us, the majority are loving this, McKay is despised within the world of agents they are enjoying his predicted downfall.

As for the football world looking on we are doing no different to what any other club would do.

I agree with welsh patriot, everybody I speak to in the business world has exactly the same answer. Until full and final investigations have been concluded you pay nothing. Once satisfied this has been done you then make the decision based on the findings. Paying without knowing the full and final details would be a poor business decision by the club. Nothing is tarnished, we have to look after our club. The media will try, as for future dealing will have no impact whatsoever money talks.

not sure who you are talking to but most half decent business men operate on my word is my bond and have pride in honouring agreements. most strive to have reputable, reliable, honest associated with them and their businesses. this scrambling around jumping from one thing to another looking for a technicality or loophole to cover their own mistakes is none of the above.
had we paid the full fee on signing...do you think this would even be an issue let alone trying to get a refund.. ?

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:25 am

I once forgot to tax my car for three weeks,a notice of a fine came through the post,and without reading it as thoroughly as I should have, agreed to pay the fine,believing it was for my error on gaming my car,however it later came to light later,the fine I had been paying,had nothing to do with any vehicle I had owned,so I didn't pay the final instalment, and went to court,convinced I would be refunded the money I had paid,this was not what happened,as a poster has already alluded to,because I had started paying the fine,the judge explained that as I had already paid a sum off,I had unwittingly admitted liability, and ordered me to pay off the balance :!: so I tend to agree,if we pay anything now,liability is a surety, ugly business nonetheless, but I believe,when /if ordered by whatever authority, we will do what's required,rightly so,imho . :old: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:40 am

FFS can people stop using this *car* example, we are talking about a human being here.

As for business ' my word is my bond ' aye right, that's why a I was owed a few grand which I'd never get to see again!!

EVERYTHING needs to be 100% or no payment.

Just like to add again. ****** CCFC HAVE NEVER SAID " WE WILL NOT PAY" *******.