Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mother of Emiliano Sala blasts Cardiff City & Demands Justic

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:23 am

Mother of Emiliano Sala blasts Cardiff City and Demands Justice

She is 'angry' at how Cardiff had treated her son.

Daily Mail

Thursday 21st March 2019

She said: 'Do I see this as a sign of disrespect towards my family? Yes, I think so. It would have been different if he had not really signed."

"Emiliano has signed in front of the press, in front of everyone, so they too have to pay,”

The mother of late footballer Emiliano Sala has accused his club Cardiff City of disrespecting her family and said: 'I demand justice'.

Mercedes Taffarel said her son, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel in January, had 'not been taken care of in the way he deserved'.

Cardiff are locked in a row with Sala's former club Nantes, who are demanding that the Welsh club pay up the £15million transfer fee which was agreed just days before his death.

Ms Taffarel said Cardiff's reluctance to pay was a 'sign of disrespect towards my family'.

Mercedes Taffarel, the mother of late footballer Emiliano Sala (pictured together left), said her son (right) had 'not been taken care of in the way he deserved'

Argentine striker Sala, 28, and pilot David Ibbotson died in the Piper PA-46 Malibu plane on January 21. The footballer's body was identified on February 7.

EMILIANO SALA'S MOTHER BLASTS CARDIFF CITY:

Speaking to French newspaper L'Equipe, Ms Taffarel said she was 'angry' at how Cardiff had treated her son.

She said: 'They did not take care of him. A player with a transfer cost that high... They did not take care of him in the way that he deserved.'

Demanding 'justice' in the transfer fee row, she said her son's signature was on the contract and said: 'I do not know why they do not want to pay.'

She said: 'Do I see this as a sign of disrespect towards my family? Yes, I think so. It would have been different if he had not really signed.

'Of course, they too are investigating the accident to find out what happened. That seems logical. But they have to keep their word. The signature cannot be rubbed out.'

Ms Taffarel went on: 'I want justice for my son. I simply want the truth. Let justice determine if there has been negligence, if someone made a mistake, and make them pay.

'May those who had something to do with this pay. '

Sala had scored 12 goals in 19 league games for Nantes in the first half of this season, prompting Cardiff to pay a club-record £15million fee for him.

His body was recovered in a privately-funded search, after the official search was called off when Guernsey’s harbour master said the chances of survival were 'extremely remote'.

Agent Willie McKay arranged for the flight to take Sala to Cardiff but he said he had no involvement in selecting the plane or pilot.

Ms Taffarel said: 'He talked with my daughter but not with me. And I got no answers from him. He made the plane available.'

The aircraft remains underwater 21 miles off the coast of Guernsey in the English Channel as poor weather conditions stopped efforts to recover it.

Last month Nantes lodged a complaint with FIFA over Cardiff's refusal to pay the first instalment of the fee.

Cardiff have said they want to wait for the investigation into the crash to be completed.

The club said last month they remained 'committed to ensuring fairness and accountability' over the deal, but insisted 'the facts surrounding this tragedy' had to first be established.

In the meantime, Nantes owe half of the transfer fee to Sala's former club Bordeaux under a previous transfer agreement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mother of Emiliano Sala blasts Cardiff City & Demands Ju

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:45 am

Emiliano Sala's mum issues plea to Cardiff over transfer fee for late son
Sala's mother Mercedes has pleaded for "justice" for her late son who died on board his private jet

"Emiliano has signed in front of the press, in front of everyone, so they too have to pay, Cardiff announced him as their player for four weeks."

Daily Mirror

By Neil McLeman Sports Writer

Thursday 21st March 2019

Emiliano Sala's mother has insisted she wants “justice” for her late son as she told Cardiff to pay the transfer fee owed to Nantes.

The Argentine striker, 28, and pilot David Ibbotson were lost on January 21 when their light aircraft crashed in the English Channel.

His mother Mercedes told L'Equipe: “The enquiry is ongoing. I think from now until the end of the year, we will know what happened. We have to be confident. I want justice for Emiliano.

"Therefore I have to have confidence. We wait to understand why and how he died. In what circumstances did he die. Is it the fault of negligence by the airport, the pilot, the agent? I simply want justice for my son. The truth.

"Let justice determine whether there has been negligence, if someone has made a mistake, and has to pay. That those who have something to do with it pay.

Emiliano Sala transfer cash row rumbles on after fresh Cardiff registration revelation

"We talked about a lot of things. People said that one pilot did not turn up, another came in his place, and so on. These are questions that we have asked to the British police.

"These are questions to which we still have no answers.

“I am angry, yes, that is certain. They did not take care of him. A player worth that much money. They did not take care of him like he deserved.”

Cardiff agreed a fee of £15m with Nantes in the January window.

"Emiliano has signed in front of the press, in front of everyone, so they too have to pay,” she continued, "Cardiff announced him as their player for four weeks."

“Of course, they also conduct the investigation to find out what that it happened, it seems logical to me, but they must honour their word."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:21 pm

This is business. You don't pay until you're sure you have to pay. And if you do have to pay then it will have to be at the last possible moment. Emotional pleas like this are irrelevant.

This is another 'non-story' from the Daily Mail, who really seem to have it in for us at the moment.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Whilst I have empathy for her situation she needs to realise her son was a grown man, a well paid one at that who made his own decisions and boarded that flight of his own free will.

In my opinion it really is poor form saying we didn't look after him, we were about to pay him the richest contract of his life and offered him a flight option that he declined.

Aside from that the whole situation regarding the transfer fee is nothing to do with the Sala family so no idea how us following legal guidance is seen as a mark of disrespect.

Sounds like she has been 'asked' to put this out to me by people with a vested interest possibly but hopefully not for reward?

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 pm

We did announce Sala as our player and for nearly four weeks we said he was our player.

We owe £15mill over 3 years minus Agents fees in my eyes.

Nantes FC have done nothing wrong.

Cardiff have now admitted the contract error was done by them and are trying to get out of paying on a tectnicality.
In the long run clubs/agents players will not want to deal with us and that could prove way more costly and our good name will be ruined.

To the football world we look awful and that in the long run could be way way more costly to us a club.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 pm

RV Casual wrote:Whilst I have empathy for her situation she needs to realise her son was a grown man, a well paid one at that who made his own decisions and boarded that flight of his own free will.

In my opinion it really is poor form saying we didn't look after him, we were about to pay him the richest contract of his life and offered him a flight option that he declined.

Aside from that the whole situation regarding the transfer fee is nothing to do with the Sala family so no idea how us following legal guidance is seen as a mark of disrespect.

Sounds like she has been 'asked' to put this out to me by people with a vested interest possibly but hopefully not for reward?

100% agree.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:58 pm

bluebird58 wrote:This is business. You don't pay until you're sure you have to pay. And if you do have to pay then it will have to be at the last possible moment. Emotional pleas like this are irrelevant.

This is another 'non-story' from the Daily Mail, who really seem to have it in for us at the moment.

100% spot on who is going to hand over 15 million until after the investigation is over, Or the club is told by UFA or the FA they have to pay up.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We did announce Sala as our player and for nearly four weeks we said he was our player.

Cardiff have now admitted the contract error was done by them and are trying to get out of paying on a tectnicality.
In the long run clubs/agents players will not want to deal with us and that could prove way more costly and our good name will be ruined.

To the football world we look awful and that in the long run could be way way more costly to us a club.

I agree Annis. Dalman has said we will do the decent thing. To show our integrity now we should pay over what is due and let it be held in escrow until the outcome of all investigations are known.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 pm

So the error in contract was ours? Why is the csse being looked at by the authorities its simple to say pay them and forget everything that went on, but then after authorities say contract was invalid for other reasons what we sue for the money back? :roll: the club as said it will honour their obligations when things are settled and thats correct thing to do.... as for clubs not dealing with us mmmmm money talks and no one is going to turn down offers from us over contract dispute that happens in football and is not unique to us. :thumbup:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Whilst no parent should see their child pass on and I have nothing but empathy for their situation her son in his own personal time made the decision to go back to France to make arrangements for his move and accepted the doomed flight from his agent.
To say Cardiff had not looked after her son isn't what's needed right now and in my opinion incorrect.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Whilst no parent should see their child pass on and I have nothing but empathy for their situation her son in his own personal time made the decision to go back to France to make arrangements for his move and accepted the doomed flight from his agent.
To say Cardiff had not looked after her son isn't what's needed right now and in my opinion incorrect.

100% agree. I'm sure our club and their lawyers no what they are doing far better than us fans.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm

mugsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We did announce Sala as our player and for nearly four weeks we said he was our player.

I agree Annis. Dalman has said we will do the decent thing. To show our integrity now we should pay over what is due and let it be held in escrow until the outcome of all investigations are known.

That would be fair :thumbright:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:06 pm

this or a similar article has been coming a while.and more to follow.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mugsy wrote:

That would be fair :thumbright:

Yes be fair but This sounds like someone is trying to shift blame totally on to city? (Agent maybe) problem is cannot pay the family any money until contract is authenticated and we know who is liable for it regardless of the human element. :old:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Sorry have to disagree with this. The full disclosure isn't yet out your jumping the gun. If Nantes are someway connected with Sala travelling back and the frankly illegal booking of non commercial flights then it should be looked into thoroughly likewise if Nantes and his agent fraudulently inflated his price with fake interest then this should also be fully investigated before handing over any monies.

As for agents not wanting to deal with us, the majority are loving this, McKay is despised within the world of agents they are enjoying his predicted downfall.

As for the football world looking on we are doing no different to what any other club would do.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:55 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Sorry have to disagree with this. The full disclosure isn't yet out your jumping the gun. If Nantes are someway connected with Sala travelling back and the frankly illegal booking of non commercial flights then it should be looked into thoroughly likewise if Nantes and his agent fraudulently inflated his price with fake interest then this should also be fully investigated before handing over any monies.

As for agents not wanting to deal with us, the majority are loving this, McKay is despised within the world of agents they are enjoying his predicted downfall.

As for the football world looking on we are doing no different to what any other club would do.

fraudulently inflated price.
does this mean we have nobody at our club able to set a value or negotiate ? pretty sure we can say too much and walk away .
surely its the job of any club to try to get as much compensation as possible when selling , I hope we do.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:10 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Nantes has NO involvement in Sala’s travelling arrangements after Sala signed for Cardiff City and I can tell you now Inonow that for a fact and that I stand by.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Nantes has NO involvement in Sala’s travelling arrangements after Sala signed for Cardiff City and I can tell you now Inonow that for a fact and that I stand by.

Annis as I see this the travel arrangements for Sala were ALL put in place by the McKays who themselves were employed by Nantes FC to broker this transfer deal. Whichever way you look at that it makes the McKays employees of Nantes FC so how on earth you can say they had NO involvement in the travel arrangements simply beggers belief.

I'm no lawyer but there is a legal term "Vacarious Liability" where an employer can be liable for the acts or omissions of its employees, provided it can be shown that they took place in the course of their employment. I think Cardiff City will have no problem getting lawyers to argue "Vacarious Liability" when the full report on this flight are published against those who arranged this flight i.e. The McKays and their employers Nantes FC.

As far as the Sala family is concerned I think our club has a responsibility to them as ES was only on that flight because he was coming to join our club. I hope when the dust settles that our club honour it's commitment to the player and make a very sizeable goodwill payment into his estate.

But in respect of Nantes FC and the McKays let the courts settle that.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Annis as I see this the travel arrangements for Sala were ALL put in place by the McKays who themselves were employed by Nantes FC to broker this transfer deal. Whichever way you look at that it makes the McKays employees of Nantes FC so how on earth you can say they had NO involvement in the travel arrangements simply beggers belief.

I'm no lawyer but there is a legal term "Vacarious Liability" where an employer can be liable for the acts or omissions of its employees, provided it can be shown that they took place in the course of their employment. I think Cardiff City will have no problem getting lawyers to argue "Vacarious Liability" when the full report on this flight are published against those who arranged this flight i.e. The McKays and their employers Nantes FC.

As far as the Sala family is concerned I think our club has a responsibility to them as ES was only on that flight because he was coming to join our club. I hope when the dust settles that our club honour it's commitment to the player and make a very sizeable goodwill payment into his estate.

so..the paper thin loophole for not paying is not the contract anymore its moved along to McKay being still employed by Nantes after the deal had been completed..how long does this employment last exactly .but even if he is still employed how can an employee doing a favour { the txts are evidence of favour } for an ex employee fall under vacarious liability..

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

agree. if our club had one concrete reason for not paying I would fully understand.
but they have blamed anyone and everyone and none of it is about Emiliano and how such an awful train of events that cost this young man his life might have been avoided. its all about not paying the money at all costs

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:17 pm

Will be affected by this tragic news all life. What a horrible story :( :( Fabio told him to join Cardiff City.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:15 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Whilst no parent should see their child pass on and I have nothing but empathy for their situation her son in his own personal time made the decision to go back to France to make arrangements for his move and accepted the doomed flight from his agent.

Have to say I agree,declined cardiff's offer because McKay had"arranged it for me",just another attempt in my eyes,to derail our season,after all the bad press,pundits opinions,and so on,ccfc are still within reach of survival,against the massive odds forecast earlier in the season,1st manager sacked,down by Christmas, record low points tally,,lucky if we score a goal,etc etc,all wrong :roll: just another stick to beat us with,if we allow it to,we have lost,f@ck em all,we are bluebirds,we are one (excluding one or two :laughing5: ) C'MON CITY :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:30 am

RV Casual wrote:Whilst I have empathy for her situation she needs to realise her son was a grown man, a well paid one at that who made his own decisions and boarded that flight of his own free will.

Totally agree. Shoddy reporting in my eyes and like f@ck was the crash our fault. I would have thought she would show more class than this especially as how our club and fans respected and helped her family through a difficult time. Then again, she woyld be very emotional so I wouldn't hold it against her.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Nantes employed the services of McKay.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:58 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Nantes employed the services of McKay.

Correct & so did Cardiff City end off.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:58 am

Annis with all due respect how can you say *end of* when you started the thread?
Notice how the Daily Mail's reporter's name is not included this time, is that because it would be the same one as always slagging us off or knocking us down due to a long past incident not actually involving our club but our manager but the reporter's team?
As for the Sala tragedy, well , yes I can see this woman's grief and also her hitting out but unless she has been led down this path by unscrupulous journalists Cardiff are a easy target as she needs answers.

" Look bad to the footballing world". " Nobody will do business with us again ". " Players will not come here" !!! All statements off prominent posters on here? It's worse than the BrExit scaremongering stories.

There are folk on here with much much more business savvy on contracts than me but even when they say that the lawyers must have told Cardiff City FC not to pay still some insist we should hand over the money.

Who needs enemies? Apologies for rant. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 am

dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

so..the paper thin loophole for not paying is not the contract anymore its moved along to McKay being still employed by Nantes after the deal had been completed..how long does this employment last exactly .but even if he is still employed how can an employee doing a favour { the txts are evidence of favour } for an ex employee fall under vacarious liability..

And exactly when was this deal completed?

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

totally agree ,its madnass to hand over money for nothing

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:39 am

castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

normally completed once a payment is made ?

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:33 am

wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

normally completed once a payment is made ?

I agree and having seen a number of professional contracts involving the transfer of players from one national association, although ALL personal information relating to clubs, players and agents had been redacted so I had no idea which transfer I was looking at, they ALL included the clause "Receipt of an International Transfer" certificate. In the contracts I have seen payments as agreed within the contract should be made within 5 days after receipt of the ITC.

Now there is a claim that the FAW have confirmed they had received the ITC for ES but despite inviting anyone to show a link to an "Official" FAW statement confirming this I have yet to see one. Why? Because in my opinion it doesn't exist and without it the deal could not be completed.