Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It can’t be fixed

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:21 pm

:lol:

The whole lot should resign
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: It can’t be fixed

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:17 pm

well the ones who have continually voted against the wishes of their constituents should certainly resign.

but tbh those who voted these MPs in and also voted leave should change their vote in the next general election. don't see that happening though.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:27 pm

I agree, time for a new parliament.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:01 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I agree, time for a new parliament.

well none of them are resigning any time soon.
be interesting to see how many lose their seats in a GE.
personally I don't think that many will.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:46 pm

dogfound wrote:

It would be a mistake from both major parties if they allow their current leader to lead them into the next election. May has already said she’ll resign before the next election, I’m surprised Corbyn hasn’t done the same - because he will never win a general election (I say this as a Labour voter).

An election is probably now the best way to break the deadlock.

Corbyn would probably carry on as an MP, but obviously May can go on to other things like Blair and Cameron are currently doing.

Personally from a Labour point of view, Keir Starmer would be my choice to lead the party. I’m sure Conservative voters on here can give their opinion on who they think should lead their party.

Unfortunately with two terrible leaders, things won’t get resolved properly.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am

Personally think there will be a huge swing to the new independent party as a few more prominent MPs will join them also think votes will go to UKIP who will go further to the extreme right.
Really believe that the old Welsh thing of " stick a red rosette on anything and people will vote for it" have gone. Finished with Labour myself as all they have tried to do is block BrExit, Corbyn will never win a GE and that lot in Cardiff need abolishing ( what a waste of money )

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:06 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It would be a mistake from both major parties if they allow their current leader to lead them into the next election. May has already said she’ll resign before the next election, I’m surprised Corbyn hasn’t done the same - because he will never win a general election (I say this as a Labour voter).

Corbyn would probably carry on as an MP, but obviously May can go on to other things like Blair and Cameron are currently doing.

Personally from a Labour point of view, Keir Starmer would be my choice to lead the party. I’m sure Conservative voters on here can give their opinion on who they think should lead their party.

Kier Stamer :laughing6: :laughing6: what a drip

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:48 pm

JulesK wrote:Personally think there will be a huge swing to the new independent party as a few more prominent MPs will join them also think votes will go to UKIP who will go further to the extreme right.
Really believe that the old Welsh thing of " stick a red rosette on anything and people will vote for it" have gone. Finished with Labour myself as all they have tried to do is block BrExit, Corbyn will never win a GE and that lot in Cardiff need abolishing ( what a waste of money )

I agree with you on most of this but I'd politely disagree with you that UKIP is extreme right.

If you actually look through their manifesto they are centre right, with some strong social policies that are left of centre if anything such as:

£2BN per year for additional nursing and care services for the elderly,
500m per year for mental health treatment, commitment to inclusivity of disabled people in the workplace and scrapping of the bedroom tax,
Support for trade apprenticeships and waiving tuition fees for STEM fields,
Funding prison system and opposing privatisation of prison,
Agricultural grants and establishment of agricultural wages board to protect the incomes and conditions of farm workers.

Their manifesto has an undeniably nationally self-interested flavour to it, in that it prioritises the inhabitants of the UK over foreign nationals (although equal access to social welfare to foreign nationals is available once they have paid tax in the UK for five years) and also outlines how plans to overcome Islamic extremism, but again these plans are all fairly sensible and certainly not extreme. There is no mention of internment camps or forced deportation for Muslims that some might have you believe - the approach they outline in their manifesto is quite practical and brings an important conversation into the open. Their policies for the record are to remove foreign funding of Mosques, controlled immigration from Mulsim countries, tackle extremism and radicalisation in prisons, repeal legislation that gives sharia courts legal recognition.

These policies are not extreme right. Protectionist possibly, nationalist - not in the true meaning of the term but perhaps in the current usage, again possibly. But they are not extreme right.

To be clear, I'm not particularly aiming this at you Jules, your post was just another example which just highlighted how it seems that in today's society the description of anything right wing has evolved from right wing to hard right, to far right and now to extreme right, without anyone blinking an eye and I think it is not only dangerous to start labelling legitimate policies as extreme right but also by casually throwing around terms like this normalizes the actual extreme right as well.

Like I say I agree with most of your points and not picking a fight, just felt I needed to comment on the use of the term extreme. :thumbup:

:ayatollah:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

would a GE actually break the deadlock...
I am not sure that either main party would pin their colours to leaving. which is what was democratically voted for.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 pm

We need to leave the EU first , one way or another, then the electorate need the opportunity to make their feelings clear about those who've tried to cheat the vote in a General Election.
I don't think the public will trust Parliament again until pretty much all of the current members have gone.