Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I know it’s just one game

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

But what’s happened to the Scottish national side? a nation of fanatical football fans with a proud history especially against the English makes what Wales achieved even more miraculous in my opinion

Re: I know it’s just one game

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Not sure what you expect ,theyre garbage and have been for years .

Scottish football is poor league wise and the national team,they dont produce good players now ,its a very inferior league but the problem is they think they are still a football force,gone are the days from the 70 &80's when they produced Dalglish,Gemmill,souness etc .

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:18 pm

d20 wrote:Not sure what you expect ,theyre garbage and have been for years .

Scottish football is poor league wise and the national team,they dont produce good players now ,its a very inferior league but the problem is they think they are still a football force,gone are the days from the 70 &80's when they produced Dalglish,Gemmill,souness etc .

I’m just left to wonder where the kids are obviously the players coming through in their system are not good enough but where are the players in the English divisions after all that’s where our players come from Swansea apart of course

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Think you have missed his point mate.

Their league might be garbage but it is still a million times better than the Welsh Premier plus they have 2 million more people in their population to choose from than Wales and there isn't even a argument as to whether its their national game, (I don't think)

You do have to wonder whats happened up there and it does make what we and to a lesser extent Northern Ireland have achieved.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:51 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Think you have missed his point mate.

Their league might be garbage but it is still a million times better than the Welsh Premier plus they have 2 million more people in their population to choose from than Wales and there isn't even a argument as to whether its their national game, (I don't think)

You do have to wonder whats happened up there and it does make what we and to a lesser extent Northern Ireland have achieved.

not that long ago every team in the top tier had Scottish players and its something that had been the norm almost from day1 of the football league..our 1927 cup winning team contained 3.
seems to be more wrong up there than just the SPL being weaker , tbh top 2 apart the rest were never great anyway.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:20 am

Well here’s the master mind behind it all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:41 am

ah well thats explains it all :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Well here’s the master mind behind it all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 pm

The Rangers fans hate the SFA and the Tartan Army hate Hampden Park. It's not good off the field but that's no excuse for the shambles yesterday. Fans calling for Big Eck to be sacked after Sunday's game regardless of the result.