32%

Total votes : 34

TEAM NEWS: “ CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA “ MATCH THREAD

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:05 pm

CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA
Sunday 31st March 2019, 2.05pm
Premier League
Cardiff City Stadium

SOLD OUT 33,000 CROWD INCLUDING 3,000 CHELSEA FANS :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

NEIL WARNOCK:

“Jazz Richards I’m told should be joining us next Monday and be back involved.
We only counted 19 (fit players) the other day, but other clubs have injuries as well.
We just don’t have young lads under-23 who aren’t in their 25. Man City have Phil Foden!”

29/03/19

Sol Bamba and now Callum Paterson out for the rest of the season, two of some of our best players.

27/03/19

Callum Paterson , Jazz Richardson And Sol Bamba all out.

Callum Paterson - one of the Bluebirds' leading scorers this season - limped off after only 32 minutes during Scotland's Euro 2020 qualifier against San Marino at the weekend and seemingly rolled his ankle.

Although, he's scheduled to return on March 31 as are fellow teammates Joe Bennett (hamstring) and Victor Camarasa (cramp).

The good news on the pitch for Bennett and Cardiff fans is that he's shaken off a hamstring injury picked up in the 2-0 win over West Ham and is raring to go for the rest of the campaign. He name-checked Pedro as his toughest opponent, so a tantalising battle against Chelsea awaits on Sunday — "we've got a great chance against Chelsea". :bluebird: :bluebird:

The attachment AE59459B-AC53-4974-B67C-E9BD9B794C79.jpeg is no longer available

I can’t get to Cardiff City Stadium, is the match on TV?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports.

About Chelsea

Chelsea Football Club is a professional football club based in London, England, that competes in the Premier League, the highest tier of English football. The club has won eight League titles, eight FA Cups, five League Cups, four FA Community Shields, two UEFA Cup Winners' Cups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Europa League, and one UEFA Super Cup.

Founded in 1905, the club's home ground since then has been Stamford Bridge. Chelsea won its only First Division title in 1955, but saw limited success in various cup competitions until 2003, when the club was purchased by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. Chelsea then saw heavy investment, and have since won eighteen honours under Abramovich.

José Mourinho is the club's most successful manager in terms of the number of major honours won, and his title-winning team set an English record for points between 2004 and 2005. Chelsea have traditionally wore a royal blue kit with white socks, and the club's crest features a ceremonial lion rampant regardant holding a staff. The club have rivalries with neighbouring clubs Fulham, Arsenal, and Tottenham Hotspur.

In terms of club value, Chelsea are the seventh most valuable football club in the world, worth £1.54 billion ($2.06 billion), and are the eighth highest-earning football club in the world, with earnings of over €428 million in the 2017–18 season. Based on attendance figures, the club have the sixth-largest fanbase in England.

Previous Meeting

We lost 4-1 at Stamford Bridge in September. Sol Bamba had given us the lead early on. A hattrick for Eden Hazard and a goal by Willian got the three points for the hosts.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Peltier, Manga, Morrison, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa, Hoilett, Murphy, Niasse

Chelsea: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Pedro, Hazard, Higuain

Form - Last Three Games

Cardiff City 2-0 West Ham United
Wolves 2-0 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 0-3 Everton

Everton 2-0 Chelsea
Dynamo Kiev 0-5 Chelsea
Chelsea 1-1 Wolves

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 6/1
Chelsea - 1/2
Draw - 3/1

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:
Attachments
D19SYiTWwAQclWY.jpg
D19SYiTWwAQclWY.jpg (131.65 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
AE59459B-AC53-4974-B67C-E9BD9B794C79.jpeg
AE59459B-AC53-4974-B67C-E9BD9B794C79.jpeg (136.98 KiB) Viewed 6591 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

TEAM NEWS: “ CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA “ MATCH THREAD

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA “ MATCH THREAD

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Think we could cause an upset 2-1 City.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 am

SOLD OUT 33,000 CROWD INCLUDING 3,000 CHELSEA FANS :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:25 am

Chelsea are beatable and Cardiff are very capable of getting the 3pts badly needed :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 am

1-0 city
Pembroke bluebird

Postby thomasblue » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:59 pm

All I hope is that we attack and go for it because If we sit back we will get done 4-0 and moral will drop again.

A win or a point here would seriously hurt our rivals. It's a massive game really and even though we dont expect anything every team gets one shock result in a season. We have not really had one yet and this is a decent chance.

I think Warnock will try to stay compact and go for a point.
We will probably lose by 3 goals because of our tactics.
thomasblue

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Can't wait for this one :ayatollah:
jimmy_rat

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm

thomasblue wrote:All I hope is that we attack and go for it because If we sit back we will get done 4-0 and moral will drop again.

A win or a point here would seriously hurt our rivals. It's a massive game really and even though we dont expect anything every team gets one shock result in a season. We have not really had one yet and this is a decent chance.

well up there we took the lead stayed compact and at 1-2 made subs to try to rescue something...id prefer this to being 4 down at half time tbh. most of the hammerings and a lot of goals conceded have come late when we open up to chase the game. we are actually better at keeping it tight and defending than we get credit for because of these late goals.

1 nil to us, hope we don't get the goal to early.
dogfound

Postby thomasblue » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:All I hope is that we attack and go for it because If we sit back we will get done 4-0 and moral will drop again.

well up there we took the lead stayed compact and at 1-2 made subs to try to rescue something...id prefer this to being 4 down at half time tbh. most of the hammerings and a lot of goals conceded have come late when we open up to chase the game. we are actually better at keeping it tight and defending than we get credit for because of these late goals.

We hang on for most of the games until we are finally broken and have to come out. That is just asking for trouble. Wolves have proven this season twice that the best way to play Chelsea is to attack them and give them no respect.
High pressing and controlled passing will give us a chance.
Sitting back and pumping long balls will result on a heavy defeat
thomasblue

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:12 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
D19SYiTWwAQclWY.jpg
D19SYiTWwAQclWY.jpg (131.65 KiB) Viewed 5255 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:30 am

Cardiff City and Neil Warnock handed major injury scare ahead of Chelsea visit

London News

Tuesday 26th March 2019

The Premier League returns to our screens this weekend and Chelsea's top four hopes will be tested against relegation threatened Cardiff City.

Defeat at Everton before the international break denied the Blues the chance to move level on points with London rivals Arsenal, but can do so by recording a double over the Bluebirds.

It finished 4-1 to the west London outfit in the reverse fixture earlier in the season, with Eden Hazard helping himself to a hat-trick and they'll need to be just as ruthless on Sunday to take away maximum points.

Head coach Maurizio Sarri alluded to his side needing to take their chances following that setback against the Toffees.

"I don’t know, but you have to stay in the match. If you are not able to score… in the first half we had six or seven opportunities," the Italian told reporters in his post-match press conference.

"We were not able to score, we had only to stay in the match, to defend very well and later if you are able to take opportunities then you score.

"First of all we needed to stay in the match."

Converting shots to goals has been a problem for Sarri's side this term and it could end up costing them in the battle with Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Manchester Unite to seal a top four spot.

Only Manchester City have attempted more shots (525) than Chelsea (476) in the Premier League this season, but while Pep Guardiola's side are the leading scorers across the entire division (79) the Blues are down in sixth with 50.

The task of getting a win in Wales may have been made a lot more easier with the news that Neil Warnock has suffered a major injury scare ahead of the game.

As reported , Callum Paterson - one of the Bluebirds' leading scorers this season - limped off after only 32 minutes during Scotland's Euro 2020 qualifier against San Marino at the weekend and seemingly rolled his ankle.

The Bluebirds are still awaiting news regarding Paterson's injury but if ruled out it would be a massive blow to Warnock, who is already without defender Sol Bamba for the rest of the season because of an ACL injury.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:35 am

The tactical tweak Cardiff City must make to surprise Chelsea

By Dominic Booth

Tuesday 26th March 2019

Cardiff City may never get a better chance than this.

The Bluebirds are spiralling head-first towards the completion of an unwanted record: going an entire Premier League season without a point against the top six.

And although the financial muscle of those teams — who include Sunday's visitors to Wales, Chelsea — means the tussles against Cardiff are hardly a fair fight, Southampton, Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle and Crystal Palace have all managed it at one time or another this term.

Neil Warnock's side must, of course, look to leapfrog one of those sides to seal survival. And poaching unexpected points in remaining games against Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Manchester United would be an extraordinary fillip for the Bluebirds.

Purely on form and feeling, it's clear the Chelsea game offers Cardiff the biggest opportunity — providing they heed the lessons of other sides — to clinch those 'bonus' points.

Here's how Sunday's contest at Cardiff City Stadium might play out and the tactical tweak that could make the difference...

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri and Cardiff's Neil Warnock
The Jorginho ploy

Chelsea were an utterly irresistible force earlier in the season, as Cardiff discovered to their determent on a sunny September day at Stamford Bridge.

Eden Hazard wrought havoc that afternoon, the Blues winning 4-1 to continue a five-match winning streak from the campaign's opening day. That became a 12-match unbeaten run, which had pundits purring about the stunning Sarriball teams couldn't deal with.

Unfortunately for Maurizio Sarri, the 13th match was the unlucky one, a 3-1 defeat at Tottenham that exposed a gaping flaw in the system and its chief exponent, midfield playmaker Jorginho.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino instructed his No.10, Dele Alli, to man-mark Jorginho and take the talented Italian out of the game.

It worked superbly and has been copied by other sides, to great effect.

Arsenal used Welshman Aaron Ramsey in the 'Alli role', closing him down in the Gunners' 2-0 win over Chelsea in January. Bournemouth thrashed Sarri's side 4-0 in Chelsea's next game, thanks to a ruthless second-half display in which Ryan Fraser dropped into the pocket behind Josh King and unsettled Jorginho.

Since that Spurs defeat, Chelsea have picked up just 29 points — from 18 games. Compare that with 28 from their first 12 and it tells a story about a strength being identified and dealt with by opposing managers.

Sarri has since been forced to answer questions about a perceived lack of versatility in his system, the roles of Jorginho and N'Golo Kante, the latter who is playing out of position.

"Jorginho has a very strong character, a very strong personality," said Sarri.

"I can believe that he has no problem to play under pressure.

"I think that he can do better. But he needs all the team to understand very well our way of football."

So Jorginho will continue in his role and others must adapt to him. Sarri's 'way' is not to alter his system, as experts agree.

"Sarri is unlike the Italian coaches hired (by Chelsea) in the past," said Italian football writer James Horncastle. "Whereas Conte and Ancelotti are tailors who cut their cloth accordingly, Sarri has a style and he won't compromise on it."

So how can Cardiff change their system to nullify Jorginho and deal with the other threats?

The Bluebirds gameplan

In the fixture at Stamford Bridge, Warnock opted for a bold 4-4-2 formation that gave Cardiff an attacking threat, but left them chasing shadows in midfield.

Jorginho was actually able to dictate the flow of the game, feeding Hazard, Pedro and others, with Chelsea enjoying 18 shots on goal and 77 per cent of the ball.

At the time, it's easy to see why Warnock leaned that way — the same system had seen the Bluebirds run Arsenal very close — but it won't be used on Sunday.

Cardiff have now returned to the 4-3-3 that's been the dominant system under Warnock for some time, though it may need some delicate tweaking if it's to shut down Jorginho in the required manner.

Victor Camarasa is normally the most advanced of the central midfield three, but he's hardly the most adept defensively. It would be a waste of the Spaniard's talents to instruct him to man-mark Jorginho.

Warnock may ask Harry Arter to play further forward. The on-loan Bournemouth star is a born man-marker, full of energy and unafraid to put in a hefty challenge. Any other move would be to disrupt the trio that are unarguably Cardiff's best midfield combination.

Callum Paterson would suit the 'defensive No.10' role nicely, Bobby Reid could play it as well, but Cardiff have to stick to their own strengths and keep the width that served them well last time out against West Ham. That means Junior Hoilett and Josh Murphy should both start.

Elsewhere on the pitch, Cardiff's attention must focus on Hazard. The diminutive Belgian was simply spell-binding against them earlier in the season, but he's prone to a quiet game from time to time.

A Lee Peltier man-marking job might be a simple answer. You'd hope Bruno Manga and Sean Morrison can deal with Gonzalo Higuain.

The bottom line is that Cardiff must supply the right answers both in defence and attack if they're to finally take something from the 'big six'.
Attachments
0_Chelsea-FC-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg
0_Chelsea-FC-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg (75.4 KiB) Viewed 4848 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ibby » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Tough game.
Ibby

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:00 am

The six players Neil Warnock and Maurizio Sarri will be sweating on ahead of Cardiff vs Chelsea -

Football.london

27/03/19

Maurizio Sarri will need his Chelsea squad fully fit and firing when they return to Premier League action against Cardiff City at the weekend.

Failure to beat Wolves or Everton before the international break means the Blues remain in sixth place - three points behind London rivals Arsenal - as the race for Champions League football heats up.

That means victory at the Cardiff City stadium is vital to hopes of finishing in the top four and not having to be so reliant on winning the Europa League in order to gain entry into next season's elite club competition.

With that said, we have taken a look at the latest situation in the Blues treatment room with the game against Cardiff in mind thanks to the good people at physioroom.com.

Marco van Ginkel remains on the sidelines and there is no return date at present following an ACL knee injury that he sustained in the summer.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek was a second-half substitute in the game at Goodison Park but had to pull out of the England squad for their games against Czech Republic and Montenegro.

The 23-year-old has had persistent problems with his back in the past but is scheduled to be available for the trip to Wales.

Speaking of Wales, Ethan Amapdu had to pull out of the friendly against Trinidad Tobago as well as Sunday's Euro 2020 qualifier against Slovakia and there's no date set for his return.

As well as those two, back-up right-back Davide Zappacosta went off injured in the Europa League win over Dynamo Kiev with what appeared to be an ankle injury. However, it's not seen as too serious and should be fit to face the Bluebirds.

The same site has three players listed as injury doubts for Neil Warnock.

Callum Paterson - one of the Bluebirds' leading scorers this season - limped off after only 32 minutes during Scotland's Euro 2020 qualifier against San Marino at the weekend and seemingly rolled his ankle.

Although, he's scheduled to return on March 31 as are fellow teammates Joe Bennett (hamstring) and Victor Camarasa (cramp).

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:02 am

Match Preview: Cardiff City vs. Chelsea

Wednesday 27th March 2019

The Bluebirds return to Premier League action after the international break on Sunday, March 31st, taking on Chelsea at Cardiff City Stadium with a 2:05pm kick-off…

The Opposition

Chelsea arrive in South Wales occupying sixth place, but are only three points outside of the Champions League places. Results for the Blues have not gone their way of late, drawing 1-1 with Wolverhampton Wanderers at Stamford Bridge before a 2-0 loss to Everton at Goodison Park in their previous two fixtures.

Maurizio Sarri’s team have performed well in the UEFA Europa League this season, and have a Quarter Final clash with Slavia Prague in mid-April. Chelsea also reached the Carabao Cup Final this season, but narrowly lost to Manchester City, 4-3 on penalties at Wembley.

As usual, Eden Hazard is one of the Blues’ star performers this season, with thirteen Premier League goals and eleven league assists to his name. Of the six players to have made the most passes in the Premier League this season, four play for Chelsea; Jorginho, Antonio Rüdiger, David Luiz and César Azpilicueta.

In the hot seat

Maurizio Sarri became Chelsea manager in July 2018, replacing fellow his countryman Antonio Conte. Sarri arrived at Chelsea following an impressive three-year spell with Napoli of Serie A, and signed a three-year contract at Stamford Bridge.

Sarri began his professional coaching career in 2005 with Pescara, having previously worked as a banker. He rose to prominence with Empoli in 2012, leading the club to the Serie B promotion play-offs. In his second season with the club, Sarri earned promotion to Serie A, and recorded a fifteenth placed finish with Empoli in 2014-15. The Italian replaced Rafael Benítez at Napoli in 2015, and finished as Serie A Runners-Up in his first season.

Despite the loss of Gonzalo Higuaín to Juventus, who has since re-joined Sarri on loan at Chelsea, Napoli continued to maintain Champions League football, finishing third and second in the following two seasons, which led to Sarri being named Serie A Coach of the Year in 2017. He left Naples last summer, with former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti replacing him.

Last time at CCS...

Cardiff City 1-2 Chelsea – 11th May 2014

Chelsea last visited CCS on the final day of the 2013-14 Premier League season, coming back from a goal down to earn a 2-1 victory against the Bluebirds.

City took the lead after fifteen minutes as a City effort deflected in off César Azpilicueta. The change of the ball's direction left goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer stranded, putting the Bluebirds ahead.

José Mourinho’s team hit back in the seventy-second minute, with Andre Schürrle scoring. Looking to make up for his earlier own goal, Azpilicueta saw a close-range header superbly saved by David Marshall, then nodded the rebound onto the crossbar. At the third attempt, current Fulham man Schürrle volleyed the ball into the ground, bouncing up into the net for an equaliser.

Chelsea completed their comeback three minutes later through Fernando Torres. Schürrle turned from scorer to provider, flicking the ball on towards Torres. The Spanish striker had cleverly stayed onside and proceeded to control the ball with his chest before calmly slotting home from close range, ending the contest with Chelsea taking the points.

Club Connections

Our #1, Neil Etheridge, began his career in the Chelsea Academy. Etheridge joined the Blues in 2003 and made the switch from striker to goalkeeper on the advice of a youth coach. The Philippines international moved across West London to Fulham in 2006 and joined the Bluebirds in 2017.

Chelsea legend Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink ended his playing career with City, spending the 2007-08 season at Ninian Park. A proven Premier League striker, Hasselbaink joined Chelsea in 2000 for a club-record £15million fee, winning the Golden Boot in his debut season at Stamford Bridge. The former Netherlands international became a Bluebird in 2007, and helped City reach the 2008 FA Cup Final, scoring a wonderful goal against Wolves in the Round of Sixteen.

Another man to have played for the Blues and the Bluebirds is Eddie Newton. Newton, who is currently Chelsea’s Loan Player Technical Coach, came through the club’s academy, and made his debut in 1992. Later that year, the midfielder joined the Bluebirds on loan, making eighteen appearances and scoring four goals for Eddie May’s side. Newton became a mainstay in the Chelsea side, making 214 appearances for the club. He was Assistant First Team Coach to Roberto di Matteo and helped the Blues to lift the FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League in 2012.
Attachments
Large-5.jpeg
Large-5.jpeg (123.61 KiB) Viewed 4428 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA “ MATCH THREAD

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:08 pm

The good news on the pitch for Bennett and Cardiff fans is that he's shaken off a hamstring injury picked up in the 2-0 win over West Ham and is raring to go for the rest of the campaign. He name-checked Pedro as his toughest opponent, so a tantalising battle against Chelsea awaits on Sunday — "we've got a great chance against Chelsea". :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:28 am

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We hang on for most of the games until we are finally broken and have to come out. That is just asking for trouble. Wolves have proven this season twice that the best way to play Chelsea is to attack them and give them no respect.
High pressing and controlled passing will give us a chance.
Sitting back and pumping long balls will result on a heavy defeat

I know if often feels like it doesn't but it works..
we are a club that shouldn't really still be in the mix , yet we are and for all the goals we have conceded we have also kept 8 clean sheets { only bettered by half a dozen clubs } with late goal;s against coming when opening up.
controlled passing...seriously pass masters we aint.we do not posses the quality
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Joe Bennett and Victor Camarasa both hobbled off during the West Ham victory, suffering with a hamstring strain and cramp respectively.

But both are expected to return to face Chelsea, although Sol Bamba (cruciate) and Jazz Richards (hamstring) remain long-term injury absentees.

Bennett confirmed he was in good shape in a recent interview and added: "We think we've got a chance against the majority of teams, especially if we're on our game at home.
"Chelsea have not been in great form this season but I mean they're still an unbelievable team with some really good players.

"The gaffer is going into that game thinking we can get a result.

"If we can perform like we did against West Ham against Chelsea, we'll have a great chance."

Warnock will deliberate whether to bring back Joe Ralls, Kenneth Zohore or Bobby Decordova-Reid into his side, but will likely make minimal changes to his winning side — despite the three-week break. He could actually name an unchanged side, with Callum Paterson a doubt having picked up an injury on Scotland duty.
TopCat CCFC

Postby James Jackson » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 pm

I think we can grab a draw. A lot of predictions are looking quite tight and the stats are showing we've got a decent chance. I usually use this site to get some good odds info:

https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-premier-league/cardiff-vs-chelsea/
James Jackson

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:03 am

Joe Bennett and Victor Camarasa both hobbled off during the West Ham victory, suffering with a hamstring strain and cramp respectively.

But both are expected to return to face Chelsea, although Sol Bamba (cruciate) and Jazz Richards (hamstring) remain long-term injury absentees.

Bennett confirmed he was in good shape in a recent interview and added: "We think we've got a chance against the majority of teams, especially if we're on our game at home.

"Chelsea have not been in great form this season but I mean they're still an unbelievable team with some really good players.

"The gaffer is going into that game thinking we can get a result.

"If we can perform like we did against West Ham against Chelsea, we'll have a great chance."

Warnock will deliberate whether to bring back Joe Ralls, Kenneth Zohore or Bobby Decordova-Reid into his side, but will likely make minimal changes to his winning side — despite the three-week break. He could actually name an unchanged side, with Callum Paterson a doubt having picked up an injury on Scotland duty.

Junior Hoilett of Cardiff City is tackled by Cesar Azpilicueta of Chelsea (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri could have Ruben Loftus-Cheek available for selection after the midfielder pulled out of England international duty with a back problem.

Reserve full-back Davide Zappacosta is a doubt, while fringe players Ethan Ampadu and Marco van Ginkel are out long term.

Ross Barkley starred for the Three Lions in victories over Czech Republic and Montenegro and could start for the visitors in the Sunday 2.05pm kick off at Cardiff City Stadium. Callum Hudson-Odoi is also pushing for a starting berth.

Expected Cardiff City lineup: Etheridge; Peltier, Manga, Morrison, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa; Hoilett, Murphy, Niasse.

Expected Chelsea lineup: Kepa; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rudiger, Alonso; Jorginho, Kante, Barkley; Hazard, Pedro, Higuain.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:17 am

That’s Sol Bamba and now Callum Paterson out for the rest of the season, two of some of our best players.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Any points added to our total over the next two games will be considered a massive bonus...

Chelski at home could represent the better chance of the two but this squad of players have, I believe, finally realised that on their day they can produce a result, as they did with London Olympians (aka West Ham United)

Can't 'expect' anything, so can't be too disappointed should we not; and that gives the Bluebirds an opportunity to play with a little less pressure and just maybe spring a surprise :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Afraid I can't see any result other than a Chelsea win. I think they will be too good for us in every department and I am going for 3-0 Chelsea.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Cardifffan87 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 pm

I have a spare Cardiff ticket for chelsea game in block 511.if interested text me on 07886330091, first person interested gets the ticket.if you have 1 ticket only and want to go with someone then I’m happy to do straight swap my 2 for your 1 ,although a free pint wouldn’t go wrong even though it’s costing me nothing,I just really want a free pint haha
Cardifffan87

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:44 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

“Jazz Richards I’m told should be joining us next Monday and be back involved.
We only counted 19 (fit players) the other day, but other clubs have injuries as well.
We just don’t have young lads under-23 who aren’t in their 25. Man City have Phil Foden!”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby big-jambo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:06 pm

HD stream - just make sure you use an adblocker http://soccer.streamcartel.org/23.html?/579077/1/
big-jambo

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:06 pm

City denied clear pen when Morrison was clearly held back from corner in fact almost had shirt pulled off! Ref looking at it ...... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Why haven't we got VAR
That's two blatant penalties now we should be 3-0 up
thomasblue

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Gunner should be off, he still looks injured :old:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Ibby » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Stunned. Chelsea 2-1 up. The Chelsea player should have been sent off. Warnock is fuming. The goal was offside to.
Ibby

Next

Return to General Chat