Revoke Brexit

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Revoke Brexit

Postby goats » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:27 pm

rumpo kid wrote:That’s if the two party system survives. The MPs know that if they ignore Brexit, the parties will splinter leading to coalition evermore..

They’re playing a dangerous game..

Great, two party system is so out of date, no choice, people don’t want to vote even.... :occasion5:
goats

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 pm

goats wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:That’s if the two party system survives. The MPs know that if they ignore Brexit, the parties will splinter leading to coalition evermore..

They’re playing a dangerous game..

Great, two party system is so out of date, no choice, people don’t want to vote even.... :occasion5:

the public have had plenty of opportunity to change the 2 party system..its called democracy..
but it does seem possible that almost half the country havent figured it out..
shocked how 3 words.. democracy, leave ,remain have confused so many tbh.
dogfound

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:51 am

Diffcult with the herd mentality(or should I say flock)..

If it happens, the parties will engineer it by default.
rumpo kid

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:13 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Both parties know that if A50 is revoked, that’s the end for both of them.

No it's not. They'll still be the two biggest parties. Can you honestly see UKIP, green party, lib dems heck even plaid getting a substantial amount of votes if A50 is revoked (sincerely hope it is revoked)?

I can't. All I can see happening is, is that it will end our shitty PM's and comrad Corbyn's career much quicker than it's going to end.

I'm surprised you "(sincerely hope it is revoked)" BB.......I can only assume you are not a democratic person.

But in the future you, by default, will also be happy for laws to be shoved down your throat to which you have not, and the voting public, have not voted for. I am not talking about EU laws by the way, I am talking about the laws that will be laid on you because democracy will obviously be dead and buried.

The saddest thing is that when we people actually realise that democracy is no more it becomes a case of every man for himself. That leads to anarchy.........these are dangerous times and these idiotic MP's are literally playing with fire.

Assume all you like. I believe in democracy on paper. But we never had democracy. It's all inane bullshit to keep the masses happy.

We already get laws shoved down our throat by the UK government and I can tell you one thing, I'm most certainly not happy about that. But to be fair, I didn't think the government would cock it up this badly considering they've had a few years to sort this shambles out.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:21 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Both parties know that if A50 is revoked, that’s the end for both of them.

No it's not. They'll still be the two biggest parties. Can you honestly see UKIP, green party, lib dems heck even plaid getting a substantial amount of votes if A50 is revoked (sincerely hope it is revoked)?

I can't. All I can see happening is, is that it will end our shitty PM's and comrad Corbyn's career much quicker than it's going to end.

I'm surprised you "(sincerely hope it is revoked)" BB.......I can only assume you are not a democratic person.

But in the future you, by default, will also be happy for laws to be shoved down your throat to which you have not, and the voting public, have not voted for. I am not talking about EU laws by the way, I am talking about the laws that will be laid on you because democracy will obviously be dead and buried.

The saddest thing is that when we people actually realise that democracy is no more it becomes a case of every man for himself. That leads to anarchy.........these are dangerous times and these idiotic MP's are literally playing with fire.

Assume all you like. I believe in democracy on paper. But we never had democracy. It's all inane bullshit to keep the masses happy.

We already get laws shoved down our throat by the UK government and I can tell you one thing, I'm most certainly not happy about that. But to be fair, I didn't think the government would cock it up this badly considering they've had a few years to sort this shambles out.

UKIP frightened them both that's why we had the referendum in the first place, there is certainly room for a new dynamic party after this shambles, I don't think anyone is happy at the moment !!!
Bluebina

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

its not perfect but nothing is. but the minute we get votes totally ignored its the end of democracy..
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:36 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

its not perfect but nothing is. but the minute we get votes totally ignored its the end of democracy..

The minute votes are ignored will be the last time i bother to vote - why make the effort of your ballot paper counts for nothing? The "Remain" campaign made a big fuss about their march on the weekend, and told everyone to look at their impressive pictures and see what one million people look like. My reply would be add another 25% on to those one million, and that was how many more people voted to leave rather than remain, even more impressive.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

The minute votes are ignored will be the last time i bother to vote - why make the effort of your ballot paper counts for nothing? The "Remain" campaign made a big fuss about their march on the weekend, and told everyone to look at their impressive pictures and see what one million people look like. My reply would be add another 25% on to those one million, and that was how many more people voted to leave rather than remain, even more impressive.

the point about the million in the protest being less than the majority for leave is a good one.
should be used more..
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 pm

What A Mess !!
TopCat CCFC

Postby Daya » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 am

Bluesman wrote:Teresa May to offer MPs a vote to revoke Brexit. If it is revoked I don't not see the point of ever voting again.

people including myself should never have been given the vote in the first place when not fully understanding what the vote was about and the consequences overall.

lets be honest thats what we vote mps to do although they seem f*cking clueless as well to be frank!
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:52 am

Daya wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Teresa May to offer MPs a vote to revoke Brexit. If it is revoked I don't not see the point of ever voting again.

people including myself should never have been given the vote in the first place when not fully understanding what the vote was about and the consequences overall.

lets be honest thats what we vote mps to do although they seem f*cking clueless as well to be frank!

The flip side to that argument is we voted to remain in the Common Market or EEC back in the 70's. Our MP's respected the result of that referendum, and while I voted to remain myself, I don't recall any of us having any more expertise in the subject than we do now. Why trust our judgement then, but ignore it now?
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:07 am

Daya wrote:

maybe we shouldn't have been given the vote but we were..

and looking at whats gone on since im not sure our MPs are that much better at understanding than you or I..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:07 am

Daya wrote:

and looking at whats gone on since im not sure our MPs are that much better at understanding than you or I..
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:27 am

dogfound wrote:
Daya wrote:

We had to be given the vote. Whatever you think of UKIP and disregarding what they've have now morphed into, in the 2014 European election they polled significantly more than any other party. For a single issue party that's probably never happened before and unlikely to happen again. Consequently Tories put it n their manifesto and the rest is history.
epping blue

Previous

Return to General Chat