Cardiff City Striker set for talks with Vincent Tan

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:35 am

Cardiff City striker Omar Bogle set for talks with Vincent Tan and admits he's keen on permanent Portsmouth switch

It looks increasingly likely that the forward has played his last game for the Bluebirds

Saturday 23rd March 2019

Portsmouth News

It looks increasingly likely that the forward has played his last game for the Bluebirds

Forgotten Cardiff City striker Omar Bogle is set to hold talks over his future with owner Vincent Tan at the end of the summer.

The striker signed for City for £700,000 back in August 2017, but has featured just 12 times for the club, after seemingly falling out of favour with boss Neil Warnock.

He was loaned out to Peterborough United in the second half of last season, before being sent out on loan again with Birmingham, and then League One side Portsmouth back in January.

The 25-year-old has netted four goals in eight games for Pompey, and says he's enjoying life under boss Kenny Jackett.

Portsmouth are currently in the running for promotion to the Championship this season, but Bogle says he'd be tempted by a permanent move to Fratton Park no matter what division they end up playing in.

He told the Portsmouth News : "I will want to find a home so I can settle down, really focus and think long term.

"It has been stop-start for me over the past few years.

"I can’t really think who’s much better for me in terms of a manager and an assistant like Joe Gallen.

"They’re much better for me now and that’s what it’s about.

"It’s not about where I am mentally, not about the club or the level as such.

"It is more about playing for the right manager who can get the best out of me.

"The gaffer (Jackett) can definitely do that and he’s been doing that.

"I would have to consider it (a move to Pompey). ‘It is a big club, a good club and I get on really well with the gaffer.

"It’s something I would have to look at."

Whatever happens, Bogle is highly unlikely to stay at the Cardiff City Stadium this summer, and says he's set for showdown talks with Vincent Tan at the end of the season.

"I’ll speak with the owner at Cardiff, who I get along really well with, and we’ll see what happens."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City Striker set for talks with Vincent Tan

Postby thomasblue » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 am

If we go down I would keep him.
If we stay up let him go.

I would rather him than Gary Madine in a championship squad.
thomasblue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:43 am

I think the only way Pompy can have him is if he manages to get Vinnie to cancel his contract.
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:58 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I think the only way Pompy can have him is if he manages to get Vinnie to cancel his contract.

well they get on really well together.?????????????????

thought that line a bit strange seeing as neither have spent much time around the place.
dogfound

Postby maltablue » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:45 am

Why does vinny want his boat painted :lol:
maltablue

Return to General Chat