Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF SAY DEAL WAS "NULL & VOID" AFTER SALA DIED

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 pm

People again saying its embarrassing by our club ? But what will be more embarrassing paying for a player who was not legally signed or embarrassing asking for the Money back after we discover he wasn't signed legally? :old:

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Same with anything in life you wouldn’t pay for anything until all contracts are 100% complete, in this case the transfer was not 100% complete, he was not officially our player so unfortunately nantes don’t deserve a penny.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 pm

This doesn’t look good after all the emotion of our fans and Sala pictured signing his contract,agreeing terms. Now saying he was never a City player,and now disowning him.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:27 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Embarrassing from our club.

All involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Ridiculous! would you pay out in full for your house if contracts hadn't been exchanged??
The club is a business nothing more nothing less with a board paid to look after it's interests. That includes not paying out for a player that wasn't legally ours.

Whats embarrassing is the way they treated the fans of Cardiff City.

They should have just said, sorry about the signing but he hadn't signed correctly and he was never our player and we will seek another striker. Instead of milking it.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:28 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Same with anything in life you wouldn’t pay for anything until all contracts are 100% complete, in this case the transfer was not 100% complete, he was not officially our player so unfortunately nantes don’t deserve a penny.

So they should have told you that from the start instead of the waffle that was presented to you and the media.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Personally don't get fans saying it's embarrassing by the Club.

Why do you want us to pay £15 million out to Nantes if we are not legally obliged to, in what other business or walk of life would that ever happen.

We are talking about £15 million. It's a serious amount of money.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:This doesn’t look good after all the emotion of our fans and Sala pictured signing his contract,agreeing terms. Now saying he was never a City player,and now disowning him.

nice to read a well thought and presented post. Well said!

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 am

ES would never have been on that plane if we had not go in to get him to transfer from Nantes to Cardiff. Nantes would still have their player and the poor lad would still be alive. If Cardiff just walk away from this they are immoral at best, and totally shameful at worst. What a terrible way to do business. I doubt any player or club worth it’s salt will want to do any business with us in the future if they can’t trust our handshake on a transfer deal, and believe we could Welch on any future deals. We should come to an agreement with Nantes where both clubs are happy with the deal. Give a bit and take a bit :bluebird:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:07 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:ES would never have been on that plane if we had not gone in to get him to transfer from Nantes to Cardiff. Nantes would still have their player and the poor lad would still be alive. If Cardiff just walk away from this they are immoral at best, and totally shameful at worst. What a terrible way to do business. I doubt any player or club worth it’s salt will want to do any business with us in the future if they can’t trust our handshake on a transfer deal, and believe we could Welch on any future deals. We should come to an agreement with Nantes where both clubs are happy with the deal. Give a bit and take a bit :bluebird:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:07 am

NIBluebird wrote:
Ibby wrote:Sorry, but as tragic as it is, the transfer was complete. He had become a Cardiff player, so therefore they should pay up. Sala had gone back on his own terms to say goodbye to people.

Have you read the article ??

Yes mate. I meant by my post, if they can prove it he was our player we will pay out.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 am

Ibby wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:
Ibby wrote:Sorry, but as tragic as it is, the transfer was complete. He had become a Cardiff player, so therefore they should pay up. Sala had gone back on his own terms to say goodbye to people.

Have you read the article ??

Yes mate. I meant by my post, if they can prove it he was our player we will pay out.

Would help if you had included that :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:12 am

I agree that it doesn't look good on the club, but the club is essentially a business so i can see why they would want to avoid paying.

The gentlemanly thing to do, the morale thing to do and the most respectful thing to especially for Sala's family would be to pay it, in 10 years time i can see people saying "remember Sala" and the response "yeah the one who sparked the crazy transfer saga" where as it should be "yeah, the one that was taken in a tragic accident"

If we didn't buy him - he would be alive today,

How many years have we been signing players - to make a mistake with a signing on fee is crazy,

Dodgy flights, allegedly dodgy agents, i just hope there are lessons learnt throughout football from this whole saga.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:44 am

Daya wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Ridiculous! would you pay out in full for your house if contracts hadn't been exchanged??
The club is a business nothing more nothing less with a board paid to look after it's interests. That includes not paying out for a player that wasn't legally ours.

They should have just said, sorry about the signing but he hadn't signed correctly and he was never our player and we will seek another striker. Instead of milking it.

Again it's quite simple at that point the club had to look in to the legalities. Your hatred for the club is making you blind to the obvious....but hey carry on.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 am

You can't parade a player and tell the world about your new signing and when it goes tragically wrong deny he was ever your player. Just do the decent thing bite the bullet and give them the money. If I sold someone my car and he crashed it while driving it away I don't think I would be too pleased in him not paying for it. It's a awful tragedy and the last thing both clubs want is arguing over money, personally I think it looks disrespectful when we mourn one of ours and then claim he was never really ours when money rears it's ugly head.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:53 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:ES would never have been on that plane if we had not go in to get him to transfer from Nantes to Cardiff. Nantes would still have their player and the poor lad would still be alive. If Cardiff just walk away from this they are immoral at best, and totally shameful at worst. What a terrible way to do business. I doubt any player or club worth it’s salt will want to do any business with us in the future if they can’t trust our handshake on a transfer deal, and believe we could Welch on any future deals. We should come to an agreement with Nantes where both clubs are happy with the deal. Give a bit and take a bit :bluebird:

Well said, you are spot on.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 am

banana bob wrote:You can't parade a player and tell the world about your new signing and when it goes tragically wrong deny he was ever your player. Just do the decent thing bite the bullet and give them the money. If I sold someone my car and he crashed it while driving it away I don't think I would be too pleased in him not paying for it. It's a awful tragedy and the last thing both clubs want is arguing over money, personally I think it looks disrespectful when we mourn one of ours and then claim he was never really ours when money rears it's ugly head.

If that person crashed your car during the test drive, and the vehicle registration documents had not been completed properly, I doubt if he would still give you the money for it.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:20 am

How is it embarrassing for the club your comments are embarrassing if u ask me and well done to everyone one at our club .

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:27 am

Daya wrote:Will the Malaysians be subsidising the fans for flags like they are the Burnley Trip ?

They mugged you off chaps! ( once again)

Did the club ask fans to put up flags for the sad loss of sala no so no one got mugged off. In fact they stopped Michael putting up that big flag in the ground. And we'll done to our great football club for subsidising the Burnley trip bloooobirds bloooobirds.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 am

Who needs enemies the way some carry on!!!!
Think the argument is well lost when yet again the example put forward is a f*cking car.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:35 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Daya do everyone a favour and f**k off you pathetic waste of oxygen

It's the wine talking again attention seeking like a child that he is, u just got to laugh at him and how he as to troll a Cardiff message board. :notworthy: :laughing6: :laughing6: :wave: :happy1:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:43 am

JulesK wrote:Who needs enemies the way some carry on!!!!
Think the argument is well lost when yet again the example put forward is a f*cking car.

Why? Law of contract is law of contract however you apply it.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 am

Daya wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Think u will find the club could not say anything until the true facts came out or the club would have looked stupid, I think u will find that's why they pay money for top lawyers to look in to it be4 making a statement I could be wrong.
There is still a lot more to come out of this.
Bet the ones that are saying embarrassing or we should pay up are the same ones banging on about milky ,and the cloud got that one right.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 am

nins27 wrote:
Daya wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Think u will find the club could not say anything until the true facts came out or the club would have looked stupid, I think u will find that's why they pay money for top lawyers to look in to it be4 making a statement I could be wrong.
Bet the ones that are saying embarrassing or we should pay up are the same ones banging on about milky ,and the club got that one right.
club

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:22 am

Sky Sports / Daily Mirror / Media Wales

Monday 25th March 2019

Cardiff will on Wednesday present to Fifa.

Cardiff City Say Emiliano Sala was not their player.

Emiliano Sala had not put pen to paper on a new, revised deal.

The technical hitch surrounded the signing on fee.

Cardiff will argue Sala would have had to sign a revised deal in order to play in the Premier League. They are understood to also be keen on making the case that certain terms of their transfer agreement with Nantes had also not been fulfilled.

Nantes FC will also present their case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATED: CARDIFF SAY DEAL WAS "NULL & VOID" AFTER SALA D

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:27 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
banana bob wrote:You can't parade a player and tell the world about your new signing and when it goes tragically wrong deny he was ever your player. Just do the decent thing bite the bullet and give them the money. If I sold someone my car and he crashed it while driving it away I don't think I would be too pleased in him not paying for it. It's a awful tragedy and the last thing both clubs want is arguing over money, personally I think it looks disrespectful when we mourn one of ours and then claim he was never really ours when money rears it's ugly head.

If that person crashed your car during the test drive, and the vehicle registration documents had not been completed properly, I doubt if he would still give you the money for it.

this is attempt 8million 2 thousand and nine using a car example.

test drive ??????????? does this equate to the medical............which ES passed.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:47 am

nins27 wrote:
Daya wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Bet the ones that are saying embarrassing or we should pay up are the same ones banging on about milky ,and the cloud got that one right.

think youll find the 2 do not go hand in hand most people judge different events seperately.
and to be honest the club and those on here with buying cars/ houses. etc examples sound very much like those Malkyites did .

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I would personally give the person the money on principal, same as if I borrowed anything and broke it, may not technically be mine but the decent thing would be to pay up. I would rather be skint and keep my head up than catch someone just for the sake of money. Principals far outweigh money in my eyes and to the outside world this would put City in a bad light if they washed their hands and walked away without paying a penny.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:55 am

banana bob wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I would personally give the person the money on principal, same as if I borrowed anything and broke it, may not technically be mine but the decent thing would be to pay up. I would rather be skint and keep my head up than catch someone just for the sake of money. Principals far outweigh money in my eyes and to the outside world this would put City in a bad light if they washed their hands and walked away without paying a penny.

This is more than just a business deal, we told the world for 4 weeks Emiliano Sala was our player.

We have to deal with the football world.

I have been told the total agents fees amount to nearly £3mill, we can take that off.

My opinion and my belief and it won't change, we should out of respect in what has happened and after saying to the fans/football world Emiliano Sala was our player, we should pay something, I won't change on that.

All i have heard from neutral football fans in how shocked they are Cardiff are now saying Sala was not our player after what Cardiff put out and knew all facts then.

We need to work with fellow football clubs and it could be more costly in the future.

Everyone has their different opinions and thats up to them :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:06 am

banana bob wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

:thumbup:
im not the only one then.
been self employed nearly 40 years and have always honoured my word even when its cost me { not 15 mill I admit , but certainly a sizeable chunk of annual turnover. its about 10% in this case } to be honest ive come across very few people that value their reputation and name so little they would renege on a deal..

the amount of times ive read the phrases..in any other business and legally obligated on here..wow.
yes two timing twicers can find loopholes and technicalities..might be legal doesn't make them right and certainly is not a reputation I would want myself.