Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF SAY DEAL WAS "NULL & VOID" AFTER SALA DIED

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:18 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Daya do everyone a favour and f**k off you pathetic waste of oxygen

Well said :lol: :thumbup:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:People again saying its embarrassing by our club ? But what will be more embarrassing paying for a player who was not legally signed or embarrassing asking for the Money back after we discover he wasn't signed legally? :old:

Spot on Allan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 am

Juventus Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:People again saying its embarrassing by our club ? But what will be more embarrassing paying for a player who was not legally signed or embarrassing asking for the Money back after we discover he wasn't signed legally? :old:

Spot on Allan

Don't understand the lets pay them and forget about the £15m attitude? At end of the day if its proven he was not signed legally by us it automatically means he's a nante player as if deal was not done! In that respect nantes insurance will kick in and they get money so will his mother and we wont lose £30m total cost of deal we are a buisness not a charitable organisation however harsh that sounds

Re: UPDATED: CARDIFF SAY DEAL WAS "NULL & VOID" AFTER SALA D

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:03 am

This is morally repugnant.

Had Sala landed in Cardiff, within a few days he would have signed a revised contract and international clearance would have come through.

Are the club suggesting due to the incorrect paperwork we would have not gone through with the purchase? No they wouldn't.

The club may be correct legally but as I have said, they are void of morals in this matter.

But, hey, that's how most of the money grabbing world is nowadays.

Fancy disowning a player after his death when they previously had great pleasure in announcing.

I find it hard to say this but I'm with Daya on this matter. Don't agree with how he puts it across but the general point is correct.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:16 am

Wayne S wrote:This is morally repugnant.

Had Sala landed in Cardiff, within a few days he would have signed a revised contract and international clearance would have come through.

Are the club suggesting due to the incorrect paperwork we would have not gone through with the purchase? No they wouldn't.

The club may be correct legally but as I have said, they are void of morals in this matter.

Fancy disowning a player after his death when they previously had great pleasure in announcing.

I find it hard to say this but I'm with Daya on this matter. Don't agree with how he puts it across but the general point is correct.

Why is it morally wrong? To who? If he is our player we claim on our insurance or if we don't have the full cover as suggested we pay. If he isn't our player then Nantes pay on their insurance and if they don't have the cover they pay.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:23 am

Seriously what do you expect club to do? Yes it does sound morally wrong but we are not talking about a cut dried situation do YOU believe that nante or any other organisation football or otherwise would just say we need to pay out and forget the cost implications? if anyone thinks handing £15m over with no questions asked are living in fantasy land :old:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:36 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Seriously what do you expect club to do? Yes it does sound morally wrong but we are not talking about a cut dried situation do YOU believe that nante or any other organisation football or otherwise would just say we need to pay out and forget the cost implications? if anyone thinks handing £15m over with no questions asked are living in fantasy land :old:

Anyone who has studied the most basic Principles of Law will know morals do not have any influence when it comes to what is legal or not. Easy enough to say hand over £15m of someone's money when it's not yours. If Cardiff are legally obliged to pay, then they will have to pay. If he was not officially a Cardiff player in the eyes of the law and the onus is on Nantes to claim off their insurance, why on earth would Cardiff hand over a shed load of money out of the goodness of their hearts. Afraid that's how business works.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Anyone who has studied the most basic Principles of Law will know morals do not have any influence when it comes to what is legal or not. Easy enough to say hand over £15m of someone's money when it's not yours. If Cardiff are legally obliged to pay, then they will have to pay. If he was not officially a Cardiff player in the eyes of the law and the onus is on Nantes to claim off their insurance, why on earth would Cardiff hand over a shed load of money out of the goodness of their hearts. Afraid that's how business works.

agree

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:46 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Anyone who has studied the most basic Principles of Law will know morals do not have any influence when it comes to what is legal or not. Easy enough to say hand over £15m of someone's money when it's not yours. If Cardiff are legally obliged to pay, then they will have to pay. If he was not officially a Cardiff player in the eyes of the law and the onus is on Nantes to claim off their insurance, why on earth would Cardiff hand over a shed load of money out of the goodness of their hearts. Afraid that's how business works.

The only issue I have with all this is that we'll lose all the goodwill and sympathy built up in the immediate aftermath of the tragedy.

We'll just be seen as a club who used the plane crash purely as a way to galvanise everyone in our fight to avoid relegation and that we don't give damn about Sala or the pilot. After the Bournemouth game, like everyone else, I was extremely emotional and proud of Neil and the players after the match, yet to the outside world that now looks completely manufactured and supporters of other clubs, along with the media are saying as much.

That's the really depressing thing about this whole affair.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:56 am

hagleyblue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Anyone who has studied the most basic Principles of Law will know morals do not have any influence when it comes to what is legal or not. Easy enough to say hand over £15m of someone's money when it's not yours. If Cardiff are legally obliged to pay, then they will have to pay. If he was not officially a Cardiff player in the eyes of the law and the onus is on Nantes to claim off their insurance, why on earth would Cardiff hand over a shed load of money out of the goodness of their hearts. Afraid that's how business works.

The only issue I have with all this is that we'll lose all the goodwill and sympathy built up in the immediate aftermath of the tragedy.

We'll just be seen as a club who used the plane crash purely as a way to galvanise everyone in our fight to avoid relegation and that we don't give damn about Sala or the pilot. After the Bournemouth game, like everyone else, I was extremely emotional and proud of Neil and the players after the match, yet to the outside world that now looks completely manufactured and supporters of other clubs, along with the media are saying as much.

Again what was club suppose to do stay silent not show any emotions and wait for 40 days before saying or doing anything? Hindsight is wonderful if its not you needing it! :o
As for goodwill from others club fans will go back to hating us so normal service will be resumed. :laughing6:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:14 pm

hagleyblue wrote:

At the risk of sounding heartless, I never became emotional in the slightest at that difficult time. I felt some sympathy for his family and friends, but nothing more than that. I read about tragic deaths on a regular basis, and these often relate to people who were locally born, have lived their entire lives here, and have strong links to our Principality. All very sad, but I do not lose sleep or grieve over these deaths, as mostly I have no idea who they are. With regards to Sala, he had probably spent a couple of hours in Wales during his lifetime. I never set eyes on him, had never even heard of him a few weeks previously, and he was a stranger from another country as far as I was concerned. Yes this was a sad event, but no more than numerous others that occur on a weekly basis. His sad death was no worse than many other deaths of strangers I hear about most days, and that is why I did not share the apparent grief that many others seemed to experience.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:24 pm

hagleyblue wrote:

So if it was clear from the off he hadn't quite signed but was about to would have changed anything? not for me, even if he hadn't officially signed on a technicality I would have still expected the same kind of show of support and remembrance from the club. If he wasn't our player he was soon to be our player, for me that changes nothing from a personal level.

Legally if he isn't our player then we of course should not pay, this is for lawyers to sort out.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:This is morally repugnant. .......

I expect the club to pay.

Yes it does sound morally wrong.

I don't judge myself (or my club) by what OTHER's may do.

You say fantasy land, I say a world governed by a standard as opposed to money and greed.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Wayne S wrote:This is morally repugnant. .....

Which is why I said morally.

Whatever the laws state and whomever they are biased towards is not a factor in MY opinion.

The club's actions towards the Sala family are at total odds with the legal stance they are taking.

If they are going to be so cold and calculated in respects to the transfer they did they take a high MORAL stance when dealing with the people involved.

It's all well and good saying what else were they supposed to do? But the two stances they took are heavily at odds and will see them lose this battle.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Whatever the laws state and whomever they are biased towards is not a factor in MY opinion.

The club's actions towards the Sala family are at total odds with the legal stance they are taking.

If they are going to be so cold and calculated in respects to the transfer they did they take a high MORAL stance when dealing with the people involved.

It's all well and good saying what else were they supposed to do? But the two stances they took are heavily at odds and will see them lose this battle.

Most clubs are owned by wealthy businessmen. They do not get rich by being nice, most of them have a ruthless streak about them which is one of the reasons they have got to where they are. May not be morally correct in our eyes, but it is just a fact of life. As they say, it's a dog eat dog world we live in, and I'm afraid most wealthy club owners would be doing exactly as we are. I was involved in business banking for most of my working life, and met many successful business people during that time. They were mostly single minded ruthless people who had one main aim, and that was to make as much money as they could, and if that meant upsetting a few people on the way, their attitude was "tough luck".

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:59 pm

Over the weeks many on here and fb have said Nantes would have had insurance ? But why would they anymore because as far as they were concerned Sala was no longer their player, he was a Cardiff City player in their eyes.

Sala had left them days before and signed a contract with Nantes, so their insurance would be No longer in place.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Over the weeks many on here and fb have said Nantes would have had insurance ? But why would they anymore because as far as they were concerned Sala was no longer their player, he was a Cardiff City player in their eyes.

Sala had left them days before and signed a contract with Nantes, so their insurance would be No longer in place.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -tell-fifa

Unless i'm reading it wrong the sky reports says "Cardiff will also claim that further contract clauses - proposed by Nantes - had not been met" to me that suggests it wasn't done and dusted in which case you would think they would keep their insurance and if they didn't well that is their issue just like it maybe in reverse if Fifa say he is our player and we haven't insured him correctly.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Over the weeks many on here and fb have said Nantes would have had insurance ? But why would they anymore because as far as they were concerned Sala was no longer their player, he was a Cardiff City player in their eyes.

Unless i'm reading it wrong the sky reports says "Cardiff will also claim that further contract clauses - proposed by Nantes - had not been met" to me that suggests it wasn't done and dusted in which case you would think they would keep their insurance and if they didn't well that is their issue just like it maybe in reverse if Fifa say he is our player and we haven't insured him correctly.

Luke, you could also say where was Cardiff’s insurance as when he signed, City thought he was ours that day.

I have been told we had put in place insure for Sala till the Tuesday morning ?

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:27 pm

these are two large corporations who are fully aware of the law, employ lots of solicitors, and are quite capable of looking after themselves.

i'd just let the matter sort itself out. if we are legally bound to pay we will pay, if not then we won't. the case will be decided on the terms of the contract, and any previously similar cases. no point stressing about a matter we have no knowledge about.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Sir wrote:these are two large corporations who are fully aware of the law, employ lots of solicitors, and are quite capable of looking after themselves.

i'd just let the matter sort itself out. if we are legally bound to pay we will pay, if not then we won't. the case will be decided on the terms of the contract, and any previously similar cases. no point stressing about a matter we have no knowledge about.

No one is getting stressed about it, this is a football forum where we give our opinions and chat and debate it :thumbright: :thumbright: :D :bluebird:

Some know a bit more than others and everyone gets a chance to give their opinions, I hope thats alright with you Sir :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Will they lose this battle? What makes you say that? it appears to be a very confused situation with no definitive answer if contract was valid ..

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 pm

I agree dogfound.

If it had been in clubs interests the day before and the day after deadline day to say part of the paperwork not completed but it is now but he's our player and we want him to play they would argue that case.

As I've said before, if we had paid the money and not negotiated a delay in paying for a month we would be laughed at if asked for our money back.

Because we haven't paid, any of it, not £1, let alone first £5M installment of £15M club think they have a chance of avoiding their commitment after announcing the signing.

Clubs, and regrettably agents, know much better than we do how these things work and we will suffer beyond reputational damage when we are signing players in the future.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Luke, you could also say where was Cardiff’s insurance as when he signed, City thought he was ours that day.

Not sure Annis I only know whats been put in the media and half of that won't be true.

Your right though, if the deal was completed and we don't have insurance then we should and probably will have to pay.

In my opinion it's for the legal teams to decide who officially owned him and then its for that club to either claim for the insurance (if they have it) or pay out their own pocket.

If us or Nantes don't have the correct insurance then that is their/our issue.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:

Spot on Allan

Don't understand the lets pay them and forget about the £15m attitude? At end of the day if its proven he was not signed legally by us it automatically means he's a nante player as if deal was not done! In that respect nantes insurance will kick in and they get money so will his mother and we wont lose £30m total cost of deal we are a buisness not a charitable organisation however harsh that sounds

They wouldn't do it with their money that's for sure, it's easy to be flash and sanctimonious with someone else's cash :thumbup:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Why did we send our guys to Salas funeral and shed bucket loads of tears if he wasn't ours. FFS of course he was ours, and we should stump up the cash

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Sir wrote:these are two large corporations who are fully aware of the law, employ lots of solicitors, and are quite capable of looking after themselves.

:thumbup: Spot on, i've been saying for months all of these discussions are based on guesswork and hearsay, none of us on here have a clue really :thumbup:

If we end up owing it, we will pay it, if we don't we wont :thumbup:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Bluebina wrote:

:thumbup: Spot on, i've been saying for months all of these discussions are based on guesswork and hearsay, none of us on here have a clue really :thumbup:

If we end up owing it, we will pay it, if we don't we wont :thumbup:

So are you saying we are not allowed to discuss it :lol:

We are not allowed our say :lol:

I think you might be shocked a few of us do know what’s going on :thumbright:

But even if we did not, surely as football fans we can discuss it and chat about it or are we in Russia.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I'm not sure that insurance really comes into this because what insurance company is going to accept liability of a claim which involves the death of a valuable football players in a plane crash? Especially when the find out the both the plane and the pilot didn't hold the correct licences to make the flight.

In my opinion there are 3 football clubs , Cardiff City, Nantes and Bordeaux here who face a potential massive loss and their only recourse for compensation will be against those who arranged and paid for this illegal flight.

Whichever club ultimately has to face that loss will be decided by FIFA because as ITC are recorded on their TMS system they will know the exact status of that at the time of ES death.

But in all of this we must not forget the human tragedy at the centre of this as a young man has lost his life and his family has lost a son and brother and they to have a claim for compensation against those responsible for the tragic death of Emiliano.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:16 pm

Just now

SKY SPORTS

Monday 25th March 2019

Nantes say they are fully compliant with FIFA rules and point to the fact that FIFA registered the International Transfer Certificate on January 21, 2019 at 5.30pm.

A Cardiff spokesperson said: "The club is aware of FIFA's request for a response by April 3 and is processing that accordingly. We have no further comment at this stage."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NANTES REPLY AS CARDIFF SAY DEAL WAS "NULL & VOID"

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:41 pm

So none of you think Cardiff should be honourable the club we love and the club who said Sala was our player, i don't agree with you, we should pay something :ayatollah: