Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

James Lawrence

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:17 am

He didn’t put a foot wrong today, looks a very good player and is obviously highly rated by Anderlecht. If he carries on with performances like that I’d love city to sign him in the summer, whether we stay up or not. He’d be a great replacement for Manga if he leaves and would add some much needed depth in that area. Also, its about time we had some half decent Welsh players in and around the first team. Swansea are showing us up massively on that front.

Re: James Lawrence

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 am

I've only just realised his age... why has he only now started playing for Wales?
He's had an odd career too !?

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:02 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I've only just realised his age... why has he only now started playing for Wales?
He's had an odd career too !?

Perhaps he hasn't played cause no one heard of him when he spent 6 years in Slovakia. :laughing6:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 am

I know some don't believe it and that if you haven't made it by 25 you never will but some players are just late hitting their potential. Hopefully he continues to impress. Great to see Giggs looking everywhere for players.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm

I don't think he's a Warnock type defender tbh. He likes to pass out from the back and play football out from defence. He'd probably rather stay at Anderlecht playing European football or move to a team who suits his style of play than join us. But I guess you never know.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I don't think he's a Warnock type defender tbh. He likes to pass out from the back and play football out from defence. He'd probably rather stay at Anderlecht playing European football or move to a team who suits his style of play than join us. But I guess you never know.

Yeah thats true tbf but I can’t see Warnock staying on next season regardless of relegation so hopefully whoever comes in might fancy him.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:02 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I don't think he's a Warnock type defender tbh. He likes to pass out from the back and play football out from defence. He'd probably rather stay at Anderlecht playing European football or move to a team who suits his style of play than join us. But I guess you never know.

its managers that dictate style of play not the players themselves.and if this bloke is good enough to play in our top 2 divisions im sure he will instead of playing in belgium for two bob a week.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:32 pm

Fair play to the guy, always happy to see players go abroad at a young age and try and make it, look at Sancho at Dortmund.

With all this switching nations thing these days - i think i read a few weeks ago that an Everton reserve is now playing in China and can play for the China national team - there are probably a few gems out there who are under the radar.

Hopefully there will be a few other players around the world who could be eligible to represent Wales.