Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Classless

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If we did have the correct insurance do anyone think that insurance company would pay out if the player wasn't legally ours? Not for a minute.

I honestly think they would have paid..
these contracts were there to be looked at on day 1 plus they ought to be fresh in the minds of those that agreed them. yet its taken all this time blaming agents and awaiting the AAIB findings etc etc along the way to then revert to this.
looks more like this is a throw of the dice rather than a cast iron case which if it was, it would have been said on day 1 and the club I assume would have come out, and announced the contracts were not finalised instead of making what is now a mockery of the tragedy.
the fact we seem to be taking it on legally means little as law is not exact and you can win when your wrong. but would an insurance firm risk its name and future football business on anything other than a solid case im not so sure.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:47 pm

I agree let's hand over 15million for a player that legally wasn't ours, tell you what in an effort to make us look even better let's give Nantes 100million sod it.

This isn't about the poor young man who lost his life in a tragic accident this is about business you simply have to differentiate between the two.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:If we did have the correct insurance do anyone think that insurance company would pay out if the player wasn't legally ours? Not for a minute.

these contracts were there to be looked at on day 1 plus they ought to be fresh in the minds of those that agreed them. yet its taken all this time blaming agents and awaiting the AAIB findings etc etc along the way to then revert to this.
looks more like this is a throw of the dice rather than a cast iron case which if it was, it would have been said on day 1 and the club I assume would have come out, and announced the contracts were not finalised instead of making what is now a mockery of the tragedy.
the fact we seem to be taking it on legally means little as law is not exact and you can win when your wrong. but would an insurance firm risk its name and future football business on anything other than a solid case im not so sure.

I honestly think they would have paid.. :laughing6: Yes sure Insurance companies are famous for paying claims under any circumstances even when you are not covered :laughing6:

Has Ken Choo or anyone said we were not insured, do we know 100% ???

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm

This is big business , unfortunately this is why the people in charge of our club are worth a lot of money and a lot of us aren't .

If contract has been breached then we should be looking into this , if we were Man utd or Man city then we could afford to take the hit and not risk reputational damage .

However we are Cardiff city , people have hated us for years whether or not this happens makes f**k all difference .

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:07 pm

dogfound wrote:

We will have to massively disagree on that. I don't think for a second a insurance company would pay out 15m without being certain they have to and no doubt take up their own investigations. I don't think it would effect them not paying out on something they don't have to, comman sense.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:00 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Classless . A young man has died and the club do not want to lose money, now they say he is nothing to do with them, hey you could not make it up, only at Cardiff City :roll: :roll:

Opinions like these are "classless" and generically naive.

I don't want to bring anything morbid up but just work with me a second so you see my point. If you have a close family member who has £10,000 worth of debt against some nasty thugs, and you invite that family member over your house to temporarily live until they find somewhere better. If they -heaven forbid- die in a car crash are you telling me you would accept the debt transferring to you when technically you do not have to pay it, are you saying it would show "class" for you to pay up the £10,000 debt that does NOT belong to you? Wether we pay this money or not, it does not mean anyone associated with Cardiff City are disrespecting Emiliano Sala. If it turns out we do not "HAVE TO" pay the money why on earth would ANYONE pay it? By the way, it's bad enough being £10,000 nevermind the fact that it's £15,000,000. I know damn well you wouldn't pay that. It's easy to act all wrong and give yourself some sort of standard when it's not your money isn't it.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Sadly this could have all been avoided from the start .

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
glas wrote:It cannot be £30 million due.
£15 million was the agreed fee (if all paperwork and his registration was in order) if then signed by Sala. It seems it wasn't.

The other £15 million seems to be about his wages. But the issue here is he did not fulfil his contractual obligations.

He was contracted to play for Cardiff City (as an employee), but he did not attend one training session, never mind play for the club. He is therefore in breach of any contract (he may have signed, that is legally binding).

IF the transfer was complete (seems it wasn't) then Sala is in breach of his contract and his estate could be sued for compensation. He did not once turn up for work.

It may be that for once Tan could be in the right here by not paying up.

your suggesting a dead person is in breach of contract for not turning up for work..

yes see how that works.

Wind up merchant not even a one year old can say ameliano was at fault ? :evil:

Or spell the poor man's name Allan its Emiliano :thumbup: :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:56 am

Deep Blue FC wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Classless . A young man has died and the club do not want to lose money, now they say he is nothing to do with them, hey you could not make it up, only at Cardiff City :roll: :roll:

Opinions like these are "classless" and generically naive.

I don't want to bring anything morbid up but just work with me a second so you see my point. If you have a close family member who has £10,000 worth of debt against some nasty thugs, and you invite that family member over your house to temporarily live until they find somewhere better. If they -heaven forbid- die in a car crash are you telling me you would accept the debt transferring to you when technically you do not have to pay it, are you saying it would show "class" for you to pay up the £10,000 debt that does NOT belong to you? Wether we pay this money or not, it does not mean anyone associated with Cardiff City are disrespecting Emiliano Sala. If it turns out we do not "HAVE TO" pay the money why on earth would ANYONE pay it? By the way, it's bad enough being £10,000 nevermind the fact that it's £15,000,000. I know damn well you wouldn't pay that. It's easy to act all wrong and give yourself some sort of standard when it's not your money isn't it.

ES { I presume he is the lodger in your story did not owe money } you owed it..

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:06 am

Bluebina wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I honestly think they would have paid.. :laughing6: Yes sure Insurance companies are famous for paying claims under any circumstances even when you are not covered :laughing6:

big tip...try following the convo :kermit: :kermit: ..it starts with IF we did have etc etc.....where does not covered come into it.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:13 am

dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
dogfound wrote:

big tip...try following the convo :kermit: :kermit: ..it starts with IF we did have etc etc.....where does not covered come into it.

Completely irrelevant?

You are accepting we had insurance and accepting he wasn't legally ours and then saying - I honestly think they would have paid!

I repeat :laughing6: :laughing6:
An Insurance company paying out when £15Million when they don't have to pay :laughing6: :laughing6:
You obviously know nothing about Insurance Companies :laughing6: :laughing6: