Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:HAVE CARDIFF CITY ONCE AGAIN BEEN ROBBED BY POOR REF

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION

HAVE CARDIFF CITY ONCE AGAIN BEEN ROBBED BY POOR REF DECISIONS ?

A POOR FIRST-HALF BY CARDIFF CITY / BUT TO BE FAIR THEY CAME OUT FULLY FIGHTING IN THE SECOND-HALF AND GAVE THEIR ALL / WITH A FEW VITAL DECISIONS ONCE AGAIN GOING AGAINST THE BLUEBIRDS.

I ABSOULTETLY hate having a go at Football officials, it's not an easy job at all, but against Chelsea and now again against Burnley, Cardiff City have been victims of absolutely disgraceful decisions. And all Refs and Premier League officials will care about is what Neil Warnock says :roll: :roll:

Cardiff City are still in with a shout of staying up, but will need to win 4 out of their 5 remain games in my opinion, or maybe 3 wins and a draw, but a win at Brighton on Tuesday night it has to be, no matter what.

Warnock in the last 15mins pushed everyone forward.

Burnley were very disciplined and also worked their socks off and did contain Cardiff.

Neil Etheridge also made a number of good saves for the Bluebirds.

In the 92nd minute Burnley made it 2-0, Etheridge could of done better :cry: :cry:

Second-Half, Cardiff City were given a penalty for a clear handball by the linesman, only for it to be then withdrawn by the Referee :shock: :o
Neil Warnock was left fuming and arguing with the 4th official.

The game eventually became quite rough, with pushing shoving from both sides. At one point a Burnley player was head to head with Joe Bennett and he was then deliberately trying to wind Bennett up by kissing him on the nose :o :shock:

First-half Poor defending by Cardiff allowed Burnley in the 31st min an easy goal, headed straight through the City defence and Neil Etheridges hands 1-0 :cry:

Burnley had a Huge chance for 2-0, but thanks then to a big big save from Etheridge! :bluebird:

BURNLEY 2 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry: :cry:
h/t 1-0
Crowd 21,480
Away Support 2,422 Cardiff City Fans :bluebird:

Cardiff: Etheridge; Peltier, Morrison, Manga, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa; Hoilett, J.Murphy, Zohore.

Subs: B.Murphy, Cunningham, Bacuna, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Reid, Niasse

Late in the second-half Mendez-Laing replaced Hoilett for the Bluebirds.

Oumar Niasse, replaced Kenneth Zohore.

Bobby Reid replaced Harry Arter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:HAVE CARDIFF CITY ONCE AGAIN BEEN ROBBED BY POOR

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:52 pm

BRIGHTON 0 BOURNEMOUTH 5 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Nowhere near good enough and not a penalty for me.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Have a look on the TV later it wasn't a pen

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Nothing to do with the ref we could keep this game going till tomorrow and we still wouldn't score..people need to stop with this zohore stuff now he's not the answer and never was

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:58 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Nowhere near good enough and not a penalty for me.

Paul, it was tight and could have gone either way. I would have been livid had one like that gone against us! :thumbright:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:59 pm

iffy again for me standard refereeing in prem is poor at best but for me we dont create enough one up top again .tuesday biggest game in a long while warnock needs to stick 2 up top and go for it against a brighton team who have been battered today i havent lost all hope but for me its must win tuesday

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:00 pm

We deserve to be relegated. We are plucky and yes very unlucky today but lets not kid ourselves. The first half was abject and we don't score enough goals. The tragic events in January have defined our season. Frankly I am done with it all now and hope Brighton finally put us out of our misery on Tuesday so we can build for the championship.

What part of we needed to win this game, did our players not understand. :banghead:

Grangetown blue wrote:Nothing to do with the ref we could keep this game going till tomorrow and we still wouldn't score..people need to stop with this zohore stuff now he's not the answer and never was

Zohore laid it off beautifully to Murphy in the first half and then to Hoilett in the box in the second half. Zohore with better players would have got 2 assists today, atleast. He held it up brilliantly, played players into the game, chased everything. Get a f*cking grip, he IS the answer if the question is who's our best striker.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:01 pm

zohore nowhere near good enough if u want striker who can hold ball up well id have madine every day of week and he scored today again funny that

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

The problem is that handball is such a grey area in football. Sometimes it's given sometimes it not. Needs to be more clear, the problem is if you gave a free kick or penalty regardless of how the person handles the ball. Would be loads of goals.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:05 pm

The handballs might not have been a penalty but the foul on Gunnars certainly should have been.
Last edited by Welshman in CA on Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:05 pm

A natural body position.

This is the lesser of the penalty shouts too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Gringo22 wrote:The problem is that handball is such a grey area in football. Sometimes it's given sometimes it not. Needs to be more clear, the problem is if you gave a free kick or penalty regardless of how the person handles the ball. Would be loads of goals.

It has been... From next season! Any time ball hits arm it's a penalty. By that ruling we should've had 2 penalties today.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:06 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:We deserve to be relegated. We are plucky and yes very unlucky today but lets not kid ourselves. The first half was abject and we don't score enough goals. The tragic events in January have defined our season. Frankly I am done with it all now and hope Brighton finally put us out of our misery on Tuesday so we can build for the championship.

Pathetic response nothing's changed except one game less to play beat Brighton and be interesting end to season! Good job players not like you and give up :banghead:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:08 pm

dont forget brighton have game in hand on us

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Here's the first handball. Decide for yourselves...

I say definite penalty. Shot was on target. Blocked by an arm. Which he immediately moved behind his back. Something I'd say a guilty conscience might do!!

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:19 pm

How the f**k did Hoillet miss that chance . Should of had a pen . Why are we letting Bennet take free kicks ?

Need to go all out attack against Brighton

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Before the season I was told by a North London criminal that some premier league referees could be bribed and that the fix was in about the eventual positions of certain teams before a ball was kicked.

I didn't believe it then and I'm not sure I believe it now, but I'm honestly beginning to wonder.

I've got the strangest feeling though, despite this crushing defeat by the match officials, that we might just manage it.
You might have noticed that I've been saying for a long time Brighton were the best contender for that last relegation place and their result today not only gives us hope but suggests a collapse on their part.

If we can beat them they've got much much harder remaining games to contend with than us, and so it's not over by any means

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:24 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Before the season I was told by a North London criminal that some premier league referees could be bribed and that the fix was in about the eventual positions of certain teams before a ball was kicked.

I didn't believe it then and I'm not sure I believe it now, but I'm honestly beginning to wonder.

I've got the strangest feeling though, despite this crushing defeat by the match officials, that we might just manage it.
You might have noticed that I've been saying for a long time Brighton were the best contender for that last relegation place and their result today not only gives us hope but suggests a collapse on their part.

If we can beat them they've got much much harder remaining games to contend with than us, and so it's not over by any means

Yes you have. And I've agreed with you. Brighton are the one! We can do it.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:27 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Before the season I was told by a North London criminal that some premier league referees could be bribed and that the fix was in about the eventual positions of certain teams before a ball was kicked.

Love the optimism but we are not good enough and never have been. We deserve to be relegated. However, I do agree with your sentiment that our referees this season do seem to have,at the very least ,a strangely unfavourable stance towards City this year.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:28 pm

The ref was not poor he was partial. Yet again all the controversial decisions were against us. Report saying their first goal shouldn't have stood, as well.

For Chelsea read Burnley.

The PL is corrupt.

StT.
<><

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:29 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:54 pm

The Gunnarsson incident is the clearest for me. Should have ben a pen.

We played well second half and deserved a point IMO.

Brighton are there for the taking. It's not over yet.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:13 pm

The ref was not poor he was partial. Yet again all the controversial decision were against us. Report saying their first goal shouldn't have stood. For Chelsea read Burnley.

The PL is corrupt.

StT.
<><

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:18 pm

The ref was not poor he was partial. Yet again all the controversial decision were against us. Report saying their first goal shouldn't have stood. For Chelsea read Burnley.

The PL is corrupt.

StT.
<><

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:19 pm

The gunners penalty decision was even worse, gunners went past the defender and the defender then flicked his leg at gunners ankle.
Incredible.
It surely has never been this bad in the years I have watched football.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:39 pm

:evil:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:45 pm

fred keenor wrote:The gunners penalty decision was even worse, gunners went past the defender and the defender then flicked his leg at gunners ankle.
Incredible.
It surely has never been this bad in the years I have watched football.

And wonder why no premier league referees officiated at world cup!