Refs whos right?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Refs whos right?

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Yesterday no pen when ball is lobbed into centre and hits players face then hand given by linesman but ref says hit face then hand so no pen even though didn't see it! Today im championship player throws himself in front of shot hits leg then hand gives pen even though player couple feet away with ref similar distance away looking straight at it? Pundits excuse for giving pen was ref didn't see ball hit leg 1st! :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 16871
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Refs whos right?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Refs whos right?

Postby Blakey59 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:51 pm

they only see it when it suits them I.e Man City lpool alwayget big decision in their favour
Blakey59
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Re: Refs whos right?

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:57 pm

It was far less of a penalty than any of the 4 penalties we should have had yesterday. But it’s not Cardiff, so the ref was more than happy to give it! I was waiting for the ref to consult the linesman and reverse the decision...
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Refs whos right?

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It was far less of a penalty than any of the 4 penalties we should have had yesterday. But it’s not Cardiff, so the ref was more than happy to give it! I was waiting for the ref to consult the linesman and reverse the decision...



Was not a penalty today but shows how law is interpreted in reality neither was pen but difference with ours is ref didn't see it so shouldn't have changed linesman decision ..... var would have said no pen, but I'm sure var quite possibly given the arta shot as was on target and looked like a goal aswell ? Can see hilarious decisions next season with Var and new handball rules.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 16871
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Refs whos right?

Postby Whistler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 am

Handball is handball however the deliberate aspect of it is determined by individual referees. So in law when the ball is handled it is an offence but in cases when the ball is struck from very short distance where an opponent cannot get his hand/arm out of the way it is generally not given. My opinion Mike Dean was wrong in his decision on this occasion (Twice) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Whistler
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 am

Re: Refs whos right?

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:17 am

Whistler wrote:Handball is handball however the deliberate aspect of it is determined by individual referees. So in law when the ball is handled it is an offence but in cases when the ball is struck from very short distance where an opponent cannot get his hand/arm out of the way it is generally not given. My opinion Mike Dean was wrong in his decision on this occasion (Twice) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:


General view of pundits is arta shot was pen as was goal bound probably going in and player not close... the pen one as you say technically handball but again lot times not given as ball as come off his body so making it unavoidable for ball to hit arm if goes that direction Pundits say no pen? Can give ref benefit for that one but then he didn't see it!! :laughing6: have explained what happened for the pen in another thread :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 16871
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Refs whos right?

Postby epping blue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Whistler wrote:Handball is handball however the deliberate aspect of it is determined by individual referees. So in law when the ball is handled it is an offence but in cases when the ball is struck from very short distance where an opponent cannot get his hand/arm out of the way it is generally not given. My opinion Mike Dean was wrong in his decision on this occasion (Twice) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:


General view of pundits is arta shot was pen as was goal bound probably going in and player not close... the pen one as you say technically handball but again lot times not given as ball as come off his body so making it unavoidable for ball to hit arm if goes that direction Pundits say no pen? Can give ref benefit for that one but then he didn't see it!! :laughing6: have explained what happened for the pen in another thread :thumbup:



They were both cast iron for me. The first for the reason above although I would add that his arms was some way out from his body and almost behind his main torso. The ball had largely passed his main body when it struck his arm.

The second wasn't an inadvertant deflection off part of his body. It was a deliberate, unchallenged header of the cross which he cocked up. The fact that it aided his control of the ball adds salt to teh wound but is immateruial in my view. Penalty all day long.

And their first goal. Why oh why do we let these things go unchallenged. Etheridge clearly had his view obstructed form their offside forward. Are we lacking awareness on the pitch ? I hate it when players / teams engineer these almost fictitious appeals but we just leave just about everything go.
epping blue
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], BAMBA CREW, Bluebina, BluebirdForever, Buchanan's Exocet, castell-neath, Gaynor Straight, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Plymuff Bloobird, rhondda 1015, wez1927 and 319 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.