Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm: Good morning everyone another bitter pill to swal

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:57 pm

VINCE ALM:

(Cardiff City Supporters Club)

Good morning everyone another bitter pill to swallow yesterday in my opinion after another let down by premier league in consistent officiating!

It’s difficult enough having to take on the premier league football sides without being on the wrong end of poor decisions from “top class referees.” Also, some of our own supporters agreeing with the excuses that are given by pundits, officials, and other team supporters I cannot understand although they are entitled to their opinion? Because, Let get this out there if the 4 penalty shouts yesterday had been from Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham at least 2 out of 4 would have been given and in some cases with some referees all 4. An example on cue straight after our game finished Man utd had 2 penalty shouts 2 pens given!

The fact a rule book my say what it says the referee are either given penalties or free kicks for those sorts of challenges and errors week in week in other football matches. Morison gets pulled down almost every game he was dragged to the floor yesterday 2nd half in the box from a free kick he didn’t even bother to appeal!

I’ve read somewhere from our own supporters the fourth official said they cannot give a handball if it comes off his own head. Is that the reason Mike Dean told Gunners he was overturning the pen? Be interesting to hear the reason on the pitch why he overturned it, it was practically a head into his arm to allow him to carry the ball to safety before hooking it away!

I read somewhere also from our own supporters Gunners penalty was soft if given, there was contact on gunners that prevented gunners going for the ball that is a foul. Was Leicester penalty award against us over Christmas more worthy than Gunners shout yesterday? Or some of the one that have been awarded against us early in the season.
You can also bet their first goal (I’m still not convinced it was a corner mind) if that had been Zahore stood in front of Heaton in an offside position obstructing his sight and movement while we headed a ball in the goal it would be given offside.
VINCE ALM:

We have had very little of the rub of the green this season from the officials, the Brighton Bamba offside goal, and a penalty shout I recall but not sure which game we got away with, apart from that I’m struggling?

I wish Burnley all the best next season I do like them, they are an old-fashioned traditional club, with proper working-class supporters on the whole like us. They are a well-run club, decent manager who has assembled a team of hard-working players.

A few of our own supporters are saying we are just not good enough it maybe the case, but personally in my own opinion we have been as good as Burnley, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, and not to far behind Newcastle, West Ham, and Southampton (who have been in a false position all season) once we play Brighton away I give an opinion on them also.

As optimistic as I have been all season, I do now agree Brighton is a must win, a draw or loss to them it will be very difficult for us then to avoid relegation. A win and we have a decent chance still difficult but a decent chance of staying up.

The premier league has been a better experience this time around with the fantastic support and the club being united as one, but let down by the officials who run the game, maybe our luck will change over the next 5 games I can’t see it mind we will have to do it the hard way. Whatever happens the club, the players, the manager, and the fans with have my 100 per cent support, commitment, and passion.

One Love one Club Cardiff City the Bluebirds

Re: Vince Alm: Good morning everyone another bitter pill to

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Dean guessed it hit etheridge because even with slow motion couldn't see if he touched it... the hand balls seen given and not but issue is what made him change mind when didn't see incident? Gunners definitely a pen so left with fact premier league referees are incompetent at best no wonder none at world cup....

Re: Vince Alm: Good morning everyone another bitter pill to

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:VINCE ALM:

(Cardiff City Supporters Club)

Good morning everyone another bitter pill to swallow yesterday in my opinion after another let down by premier league in consistent officiating!

It’s difficult enough having to take on the premier league football sides without being on the wrong end of poor decisions from “top class referees.” Also, some of our own supporters agreeing with the excuses that are given by pundits, officials, and other team supporters I cannot understand although they are entitled to their opinion? Because, Let get this out there if the 4 penalty shouts yesterday had been from Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham at least 2 out of 4 would have been given and in some cases with some referees all 4. An example on cue straight after our game finished Man utd had 2 penalty shouts 2 pens given!

The fact a rule book my say what it says the referee are either given penalties or free kicks for those sorts of challenges and errors week in week in other football matches. Morison gets pulled down almost every game he was dragged to the floor yesterday 2nd half in the box from a free kick he didn’t even bother to appeal!

I’ve read somewhere from our own supporters the fourth official said they cannot give a handball if it comes off his own head. Is that the reason Mike Dean told Gunners he was overturning the pen? Be interesting to hear the reason on the pitch why he overturned it, it was practically a head into his arm to allow him to carry the ball to safety before hooking it away!

I read somewhere also from our own supporters Gunners penalty was soft if given, there was contact on gunners that prevented gunners going for the ball that is a foul. Was Leicester penalty award against us over Christmas more worthy than Gunners shout yesterday? Or some of the one that have been awarded against us early in the season.
You can also bet their first goal (I’m still not convinced it was a corner mind) if that had been Zahore stood in front of Heaton in an offside position obstructing his sight and movement while we headed a ball in the goal it would be given offside.
VINCE ALM:

We have had very little of the rub of the green this season from the officials, the Brighton Bamba offside goal, and a penalty shout I recall but not sure which game we got away with, apart from that I’m struggling?

I wish Burnley all the best next season I do like them, they are an old-fashioned traditional club, with proper working-class supporters on the whole like us. They are a well-run club, decent manager who has assembled a team of hard-working players.

A few of our own supporters are saying we are just not good enough it maybe the case, but personally in my own opinion we have been as good as Burnley, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, and not to far behind Newcastle, West Ham, and Southampton (who have been in a false position all season) once we play Brighton away I give an opinion on them also.

As optimistic as I have been all season, I do now agree Brighton is a must win, a draw or loss to them it will be very difficult for us then to avoid relegation. A win and we have a decent chance still difficult but a decent chance of staying up.

The premier league has been a better experience this time around with the fantastic support and the club being united as one, but let down by the officials who run the game, maybe our luck will change over the next 5 games I can’t see it mind we will have to do it the hard way. Whatever happens the club, the players, the manager, and the fans with have my 100 per cent support, commitment, and passion.

One Love one Club Cardiff City the Bluebirds

Agreed Vince how many points have refs cost us this season, if we had a fair rub of the green we would already be safe !!

Still, we get knocked down and get up again, Brighton are beatable and we must win, go get em Warnock !!!