Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bobby Reid

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:55 pm

What's he got to do to get a game????

Re: Bobby Reid

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Said the exact same in team thread his confidence must be utterly shot the poor kid

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm

His best position is number 10 so it's him or move our player of the season out of his best position.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:His best position is number 10 so it's him or move our player of the season out of his best position.

Agreed, Reid is unlucky but he can only play, effectively, in the same position as Camarasa and nobody would argue Reid would be first choice out of those two.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:09 pm

reid would have been starting 100% for me up top with niasse camasara behind front 2 for creativity

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:22 pm

robbo wrote:What's he got to do to get a game????

Be taller faster, or more prolific. Take your pick of the 3.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:His best position is number 10 so it's him or move our player of the season out of his best position.

If we do go down he'll be a key player next season imo playing the Camarasa role. He's been unlucky this season because Camarasa is so good but Reid and Murphy will be massively important next season if we go down.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

If we do go down he'll be a key player next season imo playing the Camarasa role. He's been unlucky this season because Camarasa is so good but Reid and Murphy will be massively important next season if we go down.

He certainly should have been more involved.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

He certainly should have been more involved.

Couldn't disagree there tbh. Apart from Leicester at home I haven't seen him have a bad game, we always look more of a threat going forward he's on the pitch.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Still has a part to play in the remaining games .

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:

lol zohore may be taller thats about it lol prolific lol what u on about mind bobby has had limited chances still scored 4 goals is it how many did bobby reid score last season 19 which again is a lot more than zohore got before u say the word prolific get your facts right before you moan if zohore was as good as u say say y was he instantly dropped

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:14 pm

you were quick enough to say you starting to detest other cardiff fans for picking faults in zohore saturday bit you make a comment like that about another cardiff player lol

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Give him a game Saturday and Zohore and Harris and give the first teamers a rest to prepare for Fulham :thumbup:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Give him a game Saturday and Zohore and Harris and give the first teamers a rest to prepare for Fulham :thumbup:

Or try and win some points to keep us in the league ffs

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:you were quick enough to say you starting to detest other cardiff fans for picking faults in zohore saturday bit you make a comment like that about another cardiff player lol

? I wasn't critisizing Reid. I like him, just explaining why he isn't starting. We can't replace Camarasa for him, and he can't go up top because we need height for how we play. His goal tally with games played isn't bad, but it also doesn't scream "pick me"

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:22 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Or try and win some points to keep us in the league ffs

What against Liverpool ????

What if two players get injured ???

Or rest them and try and get some points from Fulham and Palace FFS :roll:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am

Deep Blue FC wrote:
ch1ppy82 wrote:you were quick enough to say you starting to detest other cardiff fans for picking faults in zohore saturday bit you make a comment like that about another cardiff player lol

? I wasn't critisizing Reid. I like him, just explaining why he isn't starting. We can't replace Camarasa for him, and he can't go up top because we need height for how we play. His goal tally with games played isn't bad, but it also doesn't scream "pick me"

u were crying that people were questioning zohore being in team what and zohores 1 goal and lazy attidude is better is it lol and u say you wernt critisizing reid but u said he needs to be faster taller more prolific lol thats not doing that is it

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 am

ch1ppy82 wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

u were crying that people were questioning zohore being in team what and zohores 1 goal and lazy attidude is better is it lol and u say you wernt critisizing reid but u said he needs to be faster taller more prolific lol thats not doing that is it

Already I’m gonna stop replying to you after this message with the fact you’ve Called Zohore lazy. You’re just speaking out of your arse. Reid isn’t better than Camarasa and his attributes to not suit a stand alone striker over Niasse or Zohore. That was the point. Ssssh

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Savigma wrote:
ch1ppy82 wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

Already I’m gonna stop replying to you after this message with the fact you’ve Called Zohore lazy. You’re just speaking out of your arse. Reid isn’t better than Camarasa and his attributes to not suit a stand alone striker over Niasse or Zohore. That was the point. Ssssh
zohore not lazy lol u watched him in past 2seasons but yet u say im talking out of my arse he aint good enough was i calling for reid to play on his own no i wasnt was i calling for him to replace camasara no i wasnt i said in a previous post play him up top with someone with camasara poss playing jus off front two lol but yet im talking out of my arse what reid hasnt outscored zohore this season so far and last season but yet im yalking out of my arse

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:11 pm

I like to see Bobby Reid as a lone striker, he knows where the goal is. He did well when he started up top at Palace earlier in the season. Despite his size, he holds the ball up better than Zahore or Niasse. He's got a better touch under pressure and offers the same running power and work rate as Niasse. I've got no trust in Niasse' first touch, he's good when he runs but he can't hold it up. Zahore can hold it up but he's too slow and ponderous when laying it off so ruins any momentum on counter attacks.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:12 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:
Savigma wrote:
ch1ppy82 wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

zohore not lazy lol u watched him in past 2seasons but yet u say im talking out of my arse he aint good enough was i calling for reid to play on his own no i wasnt was i calling for him to replace camasara no i wasnt i said in a previous post play him up top with someone with camasara poss playing jus off front two lol but yet im talking out of my arse what reid hasnt outscored zohore this season so far and last season but yet im yalking out of my arse

You've been saying you wanted Reid to start. You said you wanted him to play behind paterson, before Reid got his goals. Because of that, I believe you'd be crying for Reid to start even if he hadn't scored. You clearly have a thing for Reid. He's not a bad player, but to suggest we play him up top on his own, knowing warnocks style, is obsurd.

You actually guarenteed people in a post before the Janurary window that Tan would just get loans, and if we do buy players he won't spend anymore than 10m. You've consistently slagged off Ralls saying you don't see what he brings to the team. You've shared that you believe Reid needs to be playing, even before he scored his goals.

And to top it off, you've said in a post about Gary Madine back in October, that Madine has scored more than Zohore last season, implying that Madine should/has been better than Zohore, you're absolutely disregarding how huge Zohore was for us up front last season, where you've constantly said you'd rather ship out Zohore than Madine. Wether he scored or not you don't get promoted with a lazy striker who doesn't offer other attributes. You wanted to sell Peltier in the janurary window.
You rathered moving on from the Sala signing and instead of signing Sala (A striker that we clearly needed and still need) you wanted to waste 15-20m on BUYING Camarasa, a player we will have for the rest of the season regardless.
You may wonder why I bring all of this up. I'm trying to show you that in regards to needing a striker, or how you wanted to sell Peltier, I'm sure you would have changed your mind by now, especially with Peltiers recent performances.

Based off your reputational posts here's what people can gather

Players you haven't connected with so you will constantly bash
Ralls
Zohore

Players you have a misplaced connection with based off what they've done for other teams.
Gary Madine
Reid

Just because they've done it in the championship with other teams doesn't mean they suit us.

Reid may come good still, but Reid has no right to start a game up front when we are already missing height in our midfield and defence now that Bamba is injured. We NEED a tall striker, simple as that. As for you claiming you'd sell Zohore for 3m, that's just completely ignorant and short sighted. For 3m we may as well keep him, wether he gets his goals or not.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:

He's quicker than Niasse, better in the air than Niasse and more prolific than Niasse. So why's he not getting a game?

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:42 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

He's quicker than Niasse, better in the air than Niasse and more prolific than Niasse. So why's he not getting a game?

If you want to cling onto the 4 goals he's scored, sure, I'll give you "more prolific than Niasse" point.

As far as better in the air than Niasse, let's explore that.

Reid has had 60 Aeriel duels. He has won 24 of them. He wins 40% of his duels.
Niasse has had 64 Aeriel duels. He has won 32 of them. He wins 50% of his duels.

Faster? I'm not too sure about that either, Reid isn't slow. But Reid has good agility and is quite good at controlling the ball, has a good low sense of gravity which helps him quickly change direction etc. But speed? Faster than Niasse? That's debatable.

Like I said, if Reid is to demand a start, he needs to be faster, taller & more prolific than he is. Scoring 4 goals doesn't warrent you a place in the starting 11. Ask Murphy & Patterson (When he was on the bench before he was injured).

Sorry but if you're as small as Reid, the only place for you in this team is behind the striker, and since Camarasa is there, there's literally no place to put reid. We're fine as we are, I don't see the big fuss about demanding he starts. I'd prefer Ken over Niasse personally, but I definetely would prefer Niasse over reid up top, purely due to the height aspect, for Etheridge's high goal kicks, and also Niasse gives us experience too, not just goal experience, just all round play.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:57 pm

We've got two players in him and Murphy who are both very talented but don't really get a game.
It's very strange really because they both cost a lot in transfers and salary . They've both justified it with goals when they've been picked so I've no idea what we're up to with this

- and what's happened to Greg Cunningham....