Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh Liverpool fans

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 am

Just in my small circle I know of 10 people who have got tickets dotted around the ground that are Welsh Liverpool supporters.

Just makes me angry these are locals too not travelling from Newport or north Wales who.

Re: Welsh Liverpool fans

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 am

I have zero respect for people that support teams they live nowhere near and have never even been to their ground, out of all my friends that supports English teams only one goes to their ground nearly every home game and he's an Everton fan.
hope the glory hunters get an ear full

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Just in my small circle I know of 10 people who have got tickets dotted around the ground that are Welsh Liverpool supporters.

Just makes me angry these are locals too not travelling from Newport or north Wales who.

sort of agree , but all those tickets { or at least the majority } came from Cardiff City season ticket holders who were allowed to purchase the extra 2..

personally I think the club should have looked after flexi5,s and members first and then sold to people with a fan number and a booking history. no doubt im in a minority thinking this as fans moan about plastic scousers but also want to be rewarded with tickets for their friends.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:15 am

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Just in my small circle I know of 10 people who have got tickets dotted around the ground that are Welsh Liverpool supporters.

sort of agree , but all those tickets { or at least the majority } came from Cardiff City season ticket holders who were allowed to purchase the extra 2..

personally I think the club should have looked after flexi5,s and members first and then sold to people with a fan number and a booking history. no doubt im in a minority thinking this as fans moan about plastic scousers but also want to be rewarded with tickets for their friends.

Should prove interesting if so many st holdters sold extra tickets to Liverpool fans? The clubs supposed stance is any away fans in city area get ejected (same at all grounds) personally not sure its as bad as being made out most people i know get tickets for friends or family who want to see the best players like salah pogba ect ect and are not supporters of those clubs...:thumbup:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Well any scouser sitting near me will be pointed out to the stewards :clap:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:54 pm

fred keenor wrote:Well any scouser sitting near me will be pointed out to the stewards :clap:

Definitely but club knows of the problem and shpuld not be giving put extra tickets to st holders but be more mindful of where the tickets go? Msybe a general warning when hoing to buy them

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 pm

I already know the guy next to me has given his ticket to his Liverpool fan nephew. I'll be making him aware of the etiquette

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:I already know the guy next to me has given his ticket to his Liverpool fan nephew. I'll be making him aware of the etiquette

If he actually gets into the ground.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:46 pm

It’s disgraceful two games this season sold out before members and paying fans could buy tickets...

You guessed it Liverpool and United

Pissed I couldn’t get tickets for either having been to at least 10 home games and 4 aways this season because season ticket holders have got them for mates who don’t even support cardiff, I’m all for season ticket holders getting benefits but two tickets to sell them on to non city fans is disgusting imo

Genuine fans will miss out this weekend as a result I was in work and 10am these had sold out same as the United game sad really when some games I’ve bought less than a week before this season

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:It’s disgraceful two games this season sold out before members and paying fans could buy tickets...

Pissed I couldn’t get tickets for either having been to at least 10 home games and 4 aways this season because season ticket holders have got them for mates who don’t even support cardiff, I’m all for season ticket holders getting benefits but two tickets to sell them on to non city fans is disgusting imo

Genuine fans will miss out this weekend as a result I was in work and 10am these had sold out same as the United game sad really when some games I’ve bought less than a week before this season

hope you have emailed the club.
its ridiculous that genuine fans have not got tickets while the likes of that chinko bloke have had them off so called Cardiff fans.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:It’s disgraceful two games this season sold out before members and paying fans could buy tickets...

its ridiculous that genuine fans have not got tickets while the likes of that chinko bloke have had them off so called Cardiff fans.

I did on my lunch when the man united tickets sold out in two hours response was should have got online sooner didn’t even waste a minute of my life typing out this time

Doesn’t matter I will have to watch it in the pub amongst the rest of the South Wales scouse fans now ...

Serves me right for not buying a ST I suppose

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:I have zero respect for people that support teams they live nowhere near and have never even been to their ground

Even ones that dont live anywhere near the club they follow (i.e Me in australia?? )

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:58 am

Perth_bluebird wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:I have zero respect for people that support teams they live nowhere near and have never even been to their ground

Even ones that dont live anywhere near the club they follow (i.e Me in australia?? )

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I mainly meant people in the UK, like ones that live in London but support united, or from Merthyr and support Liverpool for example

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 am

Any person supporting LIverpool who sits by me in grandstand will be pointed out to the nearest straws who I expect to remove him /her from the ground.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:54 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I did on my lunch when the man united tickets sold out in two hours response was should have got online sooner didn’t even waste a minute of my life typing out this time

Doesn’t matter I will have to watch it in the pub amongst the rest of the South Wales scouse fans now ...

Serves me right for not buying a ST I suppose

that's a piss poor response . I assumed it was maybe an oversight..
point in buying membership or flexi5..none

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:10 pm

5 twats in my office who support liverpool going to the match and sitting in home end - 2 of them spouting Cardiff are crap and will celebrate when Liverpool score.

I hope they get ejected, these 5 are all from in and around Cardiff (dinas, Penarth, grangetown and 2 from pentwyn) :banghead:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:32 pm

born-to-be-blue wrote:5 twats in my office who support liverpool going to the match and sitting in home end - 2 of them spouting Cardiff are crap and will celebrate when Liverpool score.

I hope they get ejected, these 5 are all from in and around Cardiff (dinas, Penarth, grangetown and 2 from pentwyn) :banghead:

Wouldn't be surprised if they get slapped around a bit, last time that happened someone got thrown over the banister.
i hope they know the risks.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
Perth_bluebird wrote:

I mainly meant people in the UK, like ones that live in London but support united, or from Merthyr and support Liverpool for example

It's interesting that you say people from Merthyr who support Liverpool but not people from Merthyr who support Cardiff.

I do get where you're coming from to a point but don't forget we get a lot of support from men, women and kids who follow us at the expense of their local sidez, mainly Swansea, Newport and Merthyr.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:20 pm

born-to-be-blue wrote:5 twats in my office who support liverpool going to the match and sitting in home end - 2 of them spouting Cardiff are crap and will celebrate when Liverpool score.

Probably safe in the Grandstand but I'd love to see them try it in the Canton !!!!

I would imagine there will be some Liverpool fans that will get hurt if so it's down to their own stupidity.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Probably safe in the Grandstand but I'd love to see them try it in the Canton !!!!

I would imagine there will be some Liverpool fans that will get hurt if so it's down to their own stupidity.

I think any away fan in a home end that celebrates their team scoring deserves a push and slap, it's completely out of order.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 pm

If half of the local armchair Liverpool and Man Utd supporters followed city we'd fill a 60,000 stadium and be top half premier league. Like many on here I just can't see how they get off on supporting a foreign city rather than a Welsh club. Most scousers I've encountered can't stand the Welsh either even though some of their best players have been Welsh like Toshack and Rushie.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:25 am

Was in Tesco in Ystrad yesterday. Heard two of the staff chatting enthusiasticly about football. "We should beat Huddersfield and Cardiff" FFS. We?! Probably never left Ystrad Mynach in their lives let alone been to Anfield!!

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 am

at the very least should be stopped entering the ground or thrown out if they have managed to get in undetected..
and my view is the club should be issuing a statement saying whatever ST holder the tickets are traced back to will lose the privilege of buying extra tickets in the future..

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:00 am

dogfound wrote:

personally I think the club should have looked after flexi5,s and members first and then sold to people with a fan number and a booking history. no doubt im in a minority thinking this as fans moan about plastic scousers but also want to be

A season ticket holder can purchase 1 extra ticket not 2 :thumbup:

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:04 am

Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:

personally I think the club should have looked after flexi5,s and members first and then sold to people with a fan number and a booking history. no doubt im in a minority thinking this as fans moan about plastic scousers but also want to be

Any number of 'extras' purchased to 'sell on' is simply a disgrace but whilst I agree the sensible option is to sell to those Flex 5 and other registered members already on the database, it is still difficult to prevent some from trying to profit from their fake support :(

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:10 am

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Any number of 'extras' purchased to 'sell on' is simply a disgrace but whilst I agree the sensible option is to sell to those Flex 5 and other registered members already on the database, it is still difficult to prevent some from trying to profit from their fake support :(

:thumbup:

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:54 am

Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:

whoop de doo. should be zero.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 am

Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:

:thumbup: seeing as youve completely missed the point go for it with gigantic letters to emphasise youve missed it..

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:24 pm

That's quite strange really when you consider a large proportion of the population of Liverpool can trace ancestry back to either wales or Ireland.they also spout this Scouse not English bollocks.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 am

I live a 20 min drive from Anfield and I've never been there other than to watch Cardiff, same with Goodison. I travel all over to wat h City so its a bit of a piss take when these guys are celebrating next to me in the ground like I saw against United.