Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City/Liverpool Tickets Fetching up to £1,000

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 am

Cardiff City v Liverpool FC tickets going for more than £1,000 on resale websites

It is a highly anticipated match - and has prices to boot

18TH APR 2019

It is a highly anticipated match - and has prices to boot

Cardiff City v Liverpool tickets are on sale for unprecedented prices for a football match in Wales as Jurgen Klopp's side chase a first top-flight title since 1990.

Tickets for the Easter Sunday clash at the Cardiff City Stadium were always going to sell like hot-cross buns on Merseyside.

But the Bluebirds' 2-0 win at Brighton on Tuesday night, to give their relegation battle some badly-needed impetus, has upped the ante for Neil Warnock's side, and a scramble for tickets for the visit of Liverpool.

Tickets on resale sites are starting at £200 and rising to as much as £660.

The Cardiff City v Liverpool match that has huge meaning on both sides of the Premier League table

But StubHub have tickets on sale for the Liverpool section of the stadium for £290 with the cost rising to £1,082 for prime seats among the Bluebirds fans.

Liverpool supporters are viewed by many as the best and most passionate in the UK and will be travelling to South Wales in their droves to roar on their team.

Many are already based here, given the enormous following the Reds have in and around the Welsh capital meaning the tickets are likely to be snapped up before the weekend despite the eye-popping prices.

Defeat at Brighton would have meant Cardiff dropping eight points behind in the relegation fight.

But with the gap now being down to just two points has provided a surge of interest from Cardiff's fans for the visit of the Anfield giants.

After Liverpool on Sunday, Cardiff head to relegated Fulham, host Crystal Palace and wind up with a daunting finale at Manchester United.

Liverpool have home games with Huddersfield and Wolves plus a trip to Rafa Benitez's Newcastle in their quest for the Premier League title.

But they must still rely on rivals Manchester City dropping points if they're to end their 29-year title drought.

Re: Cardiff City/Liverpool Tickets Fetching up to £1,000

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:56 am

I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years but if I get offered anything over £500 on Sunday I'd be very tempted

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am

Clearly Liverpool supporters will do anything to be there, as they did for the League Cup Final a few seasons ago and the worrying words in the OP are "for prime seats among the Bluebirds fans" :(

Probably the most selfish and entitled 'fans' in the country, it's difficult to see what can be done about it other than to remove the obvious ones on the day

Any Cardiff City supporters who knowingly sell to Liverpool supporters need to look at themselves and the potential problems they might cause :roll:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:28 pm

A few more ram raids and thefts in scouse land then over the next few days :lol:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:02 pm

All of my experience of Liverpool fans is that they are scum.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 pm

The funny thing is a scouser will give you grand for the ticket. You then go to the ticket office and say you have lost the ticket. The fee for a reprint is a fiver. They then cancel the old ticket. You take 5 pound from your thousand. Poor scouser. I feel for that person. Why would you risk it?

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Leon1927 wrote:The funny thing is a scouser will give you grand for the ticket. You then go to the ticket office and say you have lost the ticket. The fee for a reprint is a fiver. They then cancel the old ticket. You take 5 pound from your thousand. Poor scouser. I feel for that person. Why would you risk it?

Now there's plan... :thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:47 pm

I've got two spare. Face value. First come first serve 07495 223833

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Liverpool fans are regarded as the most passionate!! :lol: :lol: Many from South Wales :lol: :lol: Yeah yeah yeah only in there front room. Ohh Justice to the 39

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:18 pm

Just because someone is asking for £1000 a ticket doesn't mean they are selling for that

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am

Mr Spoons wrote:Just because someone is asking for £1000 a ticket doesn't mean they are selling for that

Exactly, I'd be very surprised if they're actually selling for more than a few hundred quid.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:35 am

Mr Spoons wrote:Just because someone is asking for £1000 a ticket doesn't mean they are selling for that

The OP said "selling for...", so it may well be that certain tickets are being sold rather than advertised at that price

Liverpool supporters are keen to be at the CCS and experience tells us that they will do/pay almost anything to get a ticket for what they see as a defining game in their chase for the Premier League title

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:49 am

So where is any proof any tickets have sold for a grand ?

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Mr Spoons wrote:So where is any proof any tickets have sold for a grand ?

And where is there any proof they haven't? :?

Touché! ;) :laughing6:

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Leon1927 wrote:The funny thing is a scouser will give you grand for the ticket. You then go to the ticket office and say you have lost the ticket. The fee for a reprint is a fiver. They then cancel the old ticket. You take 5 pound from your thousand. Poor scouser. I feel for that person. Why would you risk it?

;)

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 am

Exactement Monsieur no one says they have and no one's says they haven't so no headline . Classic fake news . Or in this case no news

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:05 am

Mr Spoons wrote:Exactement Monsieur no one says they have and no one's says they haven't so no headline . Classic fake news . Or in this case no news

Actually, Neil Warnock alluded to it in his interview... ;) :thumbup:

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:32 am

Sold mine to a city fan for a tenner, rather he have it than a plastic Scouser pay me £1000 for it.