Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING SKY SPORTS: CAMARASA REJECTS CARDIFF

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:11 pm

BREAKING SKY SPORTS: CAMARASA REJECTS CARDIFF

Sky Sports

18/04/19

Cardiff's Victor Camarasa has rejected a permanent move to South Wales, according to reports in his homeland country Spain..

Diario de Sevilla , a publication in Spain, state that Camarasa is surplus to requirements at parent club Real Betis and will be moved on this summer.
They also report that the Spaniard rejected the chance to sign for the Bluebirds in January, due to the club's precarious position at the bottom end of the top-flight table.

Its been reported that Neil Warnock has asked Camarasa to stay on at the Welsh club.

He does, however, want to stay in the Premier League - which will put Tottenham, Leicester and West Ham on red alert.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING SKY SPORTS: CAMARASA REJECTS CARDIFF

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Of course he is going to wait until the summer. Why wouldn't he, it's not exactly a rejection it's just common sense. He is way to good for the championship and I doubt we have bid anywhere near his worth not knowing what league we will be playing in.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:18 pm

thomasblue wrote:Of course he is going to wait until the summer. Why wouldn't he, it's not exactly a rejection it's just common sense. He is way to good for the championship and I doubt we have bid anywhere near his worth not knowing what league we will be playing in.

Exactly.
I’ve a feeling that the club (NW) will move heaven and earth to sign him if we do manage to stay up.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:30 pm

And west ham. Why the f**k would he want to go there? Shit club. Shit fans.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Victor Camarasa 'rejects' Cardiff City move as Tottenham, West Ham and Leicester consider £15m deal - reports
The on-loan Spaniard has been a key player for Neil Warnock

By Mathew Davies
18 APR 2019

MEDIA WALES / SPORT

Cardiff City's Victor Camarasa has rejected a permanent move to South Wales, according to reports in his homeland.

Diario de Sevilla , a publication in Spain, state that Camarasa is surplus to requirements at parent club Real Betis and will be moved on this summer.

They also report that the Spaniard rejected the chance to sign for the Bluebirds in January, due to the club's precarious position at the bottom end of the top-flight table.

He does, however, want to stay in the Premier League - which will put Tottenham, Leicester and West Ham on red alert.

The trio have been linked with his services before, and with Camarasa waiting on "better proposals", the under-21 international may yet stay in the top flight. He is valued at around £15million.

Camarasa has been a key player for Neil Warnock this season but he has suffered from injury at points over the campaign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:41 pm

He’s too good for us.

Had a great season and can see him being a very good squad player for someone like Spurs.

Could get himself in the first team at the likes of Everton, Leicester, West Ham etc

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Leicester City 'target' Victor Camarasa – who is currently on loan at Cardiff from Real Betis – has rejected a permanent move to the Premier League with his current club Cardiff City, according to reports. (Leicester Mercury)

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Although he probably won’t be with us next year, meaning in a few months time, this article will be true, I doubt we would’ve put in an offer for him yet as we don’t know where we’ll be next season and Warnock (I’m sure) wouldn’t want any unrest or awkwardness amongst the players in this crucial time of the season so without an offer, how can he reject us? Undoubtedly he’ll be at a bigger club next year though.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Stays or go. Doesn't matter too much. He has given everything for us to help keep us up and if we do it will be as much down to his quality as anyone else. He isn't our player but has played as if he were. I'd love him to stay if we stay up but if he goes he will have helped secure even more cash to keep this club going and fighting. Maybe more cash to find a gem even better. I'm sure we would all thank him for his efforts at the end of the season. He has been a joy to watch.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:41 pm

I am not surprised he's putting himself in the shop window. He's had an excellent season and deserves to see what's on offer. However, I am not sure he'd necessarily guarantee himself a first team spot at Leicester or West Ham though. If we stayed up that might be a persuasive factor in him joining us.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Victor Camarasa:
Emocionados por la victoria de ayer Brighton. 3 puntos importantísimos, esta familia está muy viva :thumbright: :bluebird:

Excited after Brighton win. 3 important points, this family is very alive :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm

No doubting he's had a great season for us but there are many Spanish footballers with his ability. The big question is can we entice one or more of them to join us next season ?

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:44 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:I am not surprised he's putting himself in the shop window. He's had an excellent season and deserves to see what's on offer. However, I am not sure he'd necessarily guarantee himself a first team spot at Leicester or West Ham though. If we stayed up that might be a persuasive factor in him joining us.

Said this after his first 5 games, if he kept up them performance levels,the vultures would circle,it was clear we would be priced out of any deal for him,ball is in real betis's court,he still has 3 yr on his contract with them,don't think 15m will be his final selling price,possibly 20+ imho. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 am

What a negative thing to say !
Quote: -Worcester.:
“ Camerasa is too good for us”!!

Cardiff is a big City with a large fan base.
Our history as a club shows we had the best of players.
Liverpool lost to Cardiff in 1965 2-0 at Ninian Park, under Bill Shankly from there Liverpool grew to be a top class side.
Remember Cardiff were a top class side before Liverpool,
Cardiff deserve the best of players, we are a sleeping giant and giving the faith and investment Cardiff can achieve great things. Warnock himself has said, “if we stay up we could take our capacity up to 40,000, in the 1950’s & 1960’s,Cardiff were getting regular crowds of 50,000. It can happen again and we could attract top class players.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:29 am

I don't blame him he is the most skillful player we have. However he may become a small player in a big pond if he goes to a top club.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:35 am

I like Camarasa but here's my thinking:

His partner loves Cardiff the city not the club hence her persuading him to take the loan deal.

Going on his Instagram he himself loves Cardiff the city and surrounding areas.

Real Betis don't want him, they are 9th in la liga so is he really that good? Step back take off the Cardiff glasses is he shining as a great player in what is a championship side? A big fish in a little pond so to speak.

If he's not good enough for a club 9th in la liga is he good enough for a club say 10th and up in the premier league?

This isn't me being negative or knocking the guy I think he has shone for us this season but Real know the player a lot better than us.

Personally if we stay up I think the club will push the boat out to sign him.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:42 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:I like Camarasa but here's my thinking:

His partner loves Cardiff the city not the club hence her persuading him to take the loan deal.

Going on his Instagram he himself loves Cardiff the city and surrounding areas.

Real Betis don't want him, they are 9th in la liga so is he really that good? Step back take off the Cardiff glasses is he shining as a great player in what is a championship side? A big fish in a little pond so to speak.

If he's not good enough for a club 9th in la liga is he good enough for a club say 10th and up in the premier league?

This isn't me being negative or knocking the guy I think he has shone for us this season but Real know the player a lot better than us.

Personally if we stay up I think the club will push the boat out to sign him.

Tends to be my thinking

Cant see him getting in any of the top 10 premier sides

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:22 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:I am not surprised he's putting himself in the shop window. He's had an excellent season and deserves to see what's on offer. However, I am not sure he'd necessarily guarantee himself a first team spot at Leicester or West Ham though. If we stayed up that might be a persuasive factor in him joining us.

Agree .

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Must be that time of year where agents are trying to create a bidding war for precarious placed players. Full of shit as usual, look at spurs midfield and their recent spending history. He will be left without a club if we are relegated.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:58 am

Didn’t even realise he was playing against Liverpool he was that quiet, watched game again and he didn’t seem that interested