Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RAMSEY’S LAST GAME?

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:27 am

RAMSEY’S LAST GAME?

19/04/19

Aaron Ramsey was forced off with injury against Napoli - prompting concerns he could have played his last game for Arsenal.

The Wales international, who is set to join Juventus this summer, pulled up holding the back of his left leg in the first-half of the Gunners’ Europa League quarter-final second-leg win in Italy.

"It's a muscular injury and usually it is going to mean some weeks outside the team," Arsenal boss Unai Emery said.

"I don't know [whether he's played his last game for Arsenal]."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: RAMSEY’S LAST GAME?

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:52 am

All that matters is that he's fit for our 2 crucial games in June. Arsenal have got what they deserve. They ostracise him for most of the season and when they realise they're better with him, they over play him.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:46 am

Aaron Ramsey may have played his last game for Arsenal after suffering a muscular injury during their Europa League quarter-final against Napoli.

The midfielder pulled up feeling the back of his thigh in the 33rd minute and was replaced by Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Ramsey, 28, will join Juventus as a free agent this summer, ending his 11-year spell with Arsenal.

"It is a muscular injury. Normally it will be some weeks out for him," said Gunners boss Unai Emery.

The typical recovery time for a minor hamstring injury is four to six weeks.

Arsenal, who have a history of such injuries occurring to their players, have five Premier League games remaining

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 am

I remember him playing his first game at the Emirates for Cardiff. Stand out performer that night although I mainly went to see the new stadium.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:17 am

I remember him playing his first game at the Emirates for Cardiff. Stand out performer that night although I mainly went to see the new stadium.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:26 pm

He's hoping to be back playing for Arsenal within 3 weeks:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -of-season

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:11 pm

epping blue wrote:I remember him playing his first game at the Emirates for Cardiff. Stand out performer that night although I mainly went to see the new stadium.

think your mistaken

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:18 am

dogfound wrote:
epping blue wrote:I remember him playing his first game at the Emirates for Cardiff. Stand out performer that night although I mainly went to see the new stadium.

think your mistaken

Not at all. February 2007 FA Youth Cup Quarter final Arsenal 3 Cardiff City 2. Fairly large following from Cardiff in a pretty decent crowd. In fact Ramsey scored for us meaning his first goal at the Emirates was against Arsenal.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:31 am

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

think your mistaken

Not at all. February 2007 FA Youth Cup Quarter final Arsenal 3 Cardiff City 2. Fairly large following from Cardiff in a pretty decent crowd. In fact Ramsey scored for us meaning his first goal at the Emirates was against Arsenal.

Nice one! :thumbup: :laughing6: