Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: 'Until authorities decide to take a big step,

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:06 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Friday 19th April 2019

'Until authorities decide to take a big step, I can’t see much changing' - Warnock on PL racism campaign

The Premier League launched its No Room for Racism campaign last month.

Warnock says: “We’ve seen it coming to the fore and the lads have been very telling about the Premier League players and what they’ve done. It needs an authority stepping in now. It can’t be left to the players.

“Until the authorities decide to take a big step, I can’t see much changing if I’m honest.”

Aware of the issue in your own dressing room?

“No. Not at all. I’ve never seen anything. There’s nothing in the dressing room that’s ever been mentioned to me.

“No disrespect to Cardiff, we’re not high profile and these people tend to pick on the high profile players. They’re sad people really.

“I’m not on social media, but until Twitter, Google or whatever start patrolling their own field, they’ve got to do something about it. The idiots must love it. They’ve got anonymity. There’s no recourse on the them.

“It’s scandalous in today’s society that you can say whatever you want. People like these are cowards. If they saw these people face to face, they’d crawl into a corner.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock: 'Until authorities decide to take a big st

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:NEIL WARNOCK:
I think Warnock is wrong on this. He says himself that he hasn't seen any and that nothing is mentioned in the dressing room. I haven't seen any instances of it for many,many years at Cardiff matches and no reason to say its any different elsewhere in the country with the exception of one or two clubs. The problem is the media are far too prone to explain any abuse of a black player as racism. White players get just as much abuse from opposition fans -and their own. It may not be right but its not racism.

I am not saying you don't get it on social media but you cant blame football for that.

Friday 19th April 2019

'Until authorities decide to take a big step, I can’t see much changing' - Warnock on PL racism campaign

The Premier League launched its No Room for Racism campaign last month.

Warnock says: “We’ve seen it coming to the fore and the lads have been very telling about the Premier League players and what they’ve done. It needs an authority stepping in now. It can’t be left to the players.

“Until the authorities decide to take a big step, I can’t see much changing if I’m honest.”

Aware of the issue in your own dressing room?

“No. Not at all. I’ve never seen anything. There’s nothing in the dressing room that’s ever been mentioned to me.

“No disrespect to Cardiff, we’re not high profile and these people tend to pick on the high profile players. They’re sad people really.

“I’m not on social media, but until Twitter, Google or whatever start patrolling their own field, they’ve got to do something about it. The idiots must love it. They’ve got anonymity. There’s no recourse on the them.

“It’s scandalous in today’s society that you can say whatever you want. People like these are cowards. If they saw these people face to face, they’d crawl into a corner.”