UPDATED: Gary Madine wants to stay at Bramall Lane

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Sheffield United star admits he sees his future at Bramall Lane beyond this season

By Lee Connor

Friday 19th April 2019

Sheffield United striker Gary Madine wants to stay at Bramall Lane beyond this season.

The on-loan Cardiff City man has been an impressive signing for the Blades since signing in January, and he has told the Sheffield Star that he sees his future with the club as long as Chris Wilder wants to keep him around.

“This feels like home to me now. I’d be devastated if I had to move on from here at the end of the season. I’d love to stay for as long as the manager wants me and hopefully that’s beyond the summer.” Madine said.

“I knew I’d enjoy it here, that’s why I jumped at the chance to come, but I wasn’t thinking about the future, I just wanted to come snf play games, score goals and win promotion again.”

The big striker was a controversial signing when he joined the club owing to his ties with city rivals Sheffield Wednesday and long history with Blades skipper Billy Sharp, but Madine has settled in well, scoring some crucial goals along the way and given the Blades a massive option up front.

And Madine seems delighted to be at Bramall Lane, adding:

“I’m settled here, I’m content and happy. I’ve proved I play my best football when I’m happy and I couldn’t be happier than I am at Sheffield United.”

United were looking to see of Nottingham Forest today ahead of Leeds’ home tie with Wigan Athletic later in the day as they look to keep the pressure on the top two.

The Verdict

This would be a superb piece of permanent business for United and there’s no reason why the club won’t want to keep him.

Madine was just what the Blades needed in January, and he’ll be vital if they do stay in the Championship and they want to win promotion next term.
Attachments
gary-madine0d0d00djksjsjsjsjs.jpg
gary-madine0d0d00djksjsjsjsjs.jpg (255.18 KiB) Viewed 4828 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gary Madine wants to stay at Bramall Lane beyond this se

Postby BluebirdForever » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:52 pm

He certainly fits in better there than here
BluebirdForever

Postby thomasblue » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Take a gamble

They can make a agreement now to sign him for £2 million on the condition that if they go up then another £3 mill is payable.

We then get our money back
thomasblue

Postby mugsy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Hoorah!
mugsy

Postby goats » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Yes.....there is a god, now let’s beat Liverpool to prove it.... :bluescarf:
goats

Postby buckleys brewery » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:02 pm

:wave:
buckleys brewery

Postby Crayfish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:Take a gamble

They can make a agreement now to sign him for £2 million on the condition that if they go up then another £3 mill is payable.

We then get our money back

They are not going to do this as they know he is not anywhere near good enough for the premier league and they have got him to the end of the season anyway. They might sign him if they stay down not for anymore than £2 million though.
Crayfish

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Bye bye :wave: . Never put in any effort and spent most of the time walking around the pitch. Still struggles to score goals in a team that creates loads of chances. Unfortunately I don't see Sheffield Utd wasting their money on him. How he can call himself a professional footballer i'll never know. We may not have many talented strikers but at least guys like Niasse, Ward, Paterson and Zohore (Most of the time) give their all.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby papa » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:11 pm

happy days :wave:
ENJOY YOURSELF (its later than you think)
papa

Postby Danny Says » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:41 pm

More good news then after Leeds result
Danny Says

Re: UPDATED: Gary Madine wants to stay at Bramall Lane

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:22 am

SHEFFIELD UNITED SUPPORTERS NOT HAPPY WITH GARY MADINE

Losing Billy Sharp to injury was always going to be a problem for Sheffield United. The veteran striker has been at heart of so much good for them this season, and has netted 24 in all competitions so far. Not having that source of goals would damage any side, but where the Blades are concerned, it means so much more than just losing a finisher.

Without Sharp, they have to alter the entire way that they function. This was patently clear in the 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest on Friday lunchtime, when they opted to start with Gary Madine up top alongside David McGoldrick.

Gone was the slick, passing football that fans have become accustomed to this season, and instead, in came a a brand of route one hoof-ball designed exclusively to disrupt their visitors.

The thing is, when this kind of football comes off, nobody complains. But when it goes even the slightest bit wrong, it can give the impression of a side bereft of ideas in the attacking third.

For most of the first half in particular, this was the case for the Blades and Madine, as he struggled to have the desired effect. Even when he was winning things in the air, it really wasn’t working for him as he lacked any kind of support around him. Route one does not suit United.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 01.20.09.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 01.20.09.png (51.5 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 01.20.44.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 01.20.44.png (119.12 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 01.20.58.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 01.20.58.png (116.97 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:34 am

Sven wrote:SHEFFIELD UNITED SUPPORTERS NOT HAPPY WITH GARY MADINE

Losing Billy Sharp to injury was always going to be a problem for Sheffield United. The veteran striker has been at heart of so much good for them this season, and has netted 24 in all competitions so far. Not having that source of goals would damage any side, but where the Blades are concerned, it means so much more than just losing a finisher.

Without Sharp, they have to alter the entire way that they function. This was patently clear in the 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest on Friday lunchtime, when they opted to start with Gary Madine up top alongside David McGoldrick.

Gone was the slick, passing football that fans have become accustomed to this season, and instead, in came a a brand of route one hoof-ball designed exclusively to disrupt their visitors.

The thing is, when this kind of football comes off, nobody complains. But when it goes even the slightest bit wrong, it can give the impression of a side bereft of ideas in the attacking third.

For most of the first half in particular, this was the case for the Blades and Madine, as he struggled to have the desired effect. Even when he was winning things in the air, it really wasn’t working for him as he lacked any kind of support around him. Route one does not suit United.

manager 1 beauties nil...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Postby thomasblue » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:32 am

It's strange why teams do this when certain players play .

When we start with Madine or Zahore we tend to play a lot more long aimless balls. When we start with Reid or Niasse we tend to keep the ball down and go wide.
thomasblue

Postby BluebirdForever » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:22 am

I also read that their fans were unhappy with the manner he got himself sent off by making a pointlessly reckless challenge a game before their big rival game I think and that made a lot of their minds up about whether they want him there next season or not
BluebirdForever

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:47 am

BluebirdForever wrote:

I also read that their fans were unhappy with the manner he got himself sent off by making a pointlessly reckless challenge a game before their big rival game I think and that made a lot of their minds up about whether they want him there next season or not

I knew he got sent off but didn't realise it was before the Sheffield Wednesday game. It is easy to see why the supporters might be a little cheesed off when it stopped him playing in the Steel City 'derby' against his former (some say beloved) club

Personally, as daft as it was, I doubt Madine did it for that reason; it was just a stupid challenge in the heat of the game that was amplified when the opponents for next game was realised

He was probably gutted and possibly motivated to play against Wednesday after the abuse he took from their supporters for signing for Sheffield United. Wanting to stay there for next season seems to suggest he's 'happy' there... :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:24 am

I watched him play yesterday and I was left with the impression that unfortunately he's not quite good enough for us, whether in the Premiership or the Championship.
It's no ones fault , and I can see why the signing seemed like a good idea at the time, and it's not because he's not doing his best either. He just hasn't got the ability and I don't think he's a good option for Sheffield United either really.
He can get away with it on a good day in the Championship, and he'd be a really good player in League one, but that's the level really.
If they want to buy him, which I'm not sure they would, I think we should accept what we can get and put it down to experience. Even the very top teams buy a lot of players who don't work out as everyone hoped or make the grade
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:35 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I watched him play yesterday and I was left with the impression that unfortunately he's not quite good enough for us, whether in the Premiership or the Championship.
It's no ones fault , and I can see why the signing seemed like a good idea at the time, and it's not because he's not doing his best either. He just hasn't got the ability and I don't think he's a good option for Sheffield United either really.
He can get away with it on a good day in the Championship, and he'd be a really good player in League one, but that's the level really.
If they want to buy him, which I'm not sure they would, I think we should accept what we can get and put it down to experience. Even the very top teams buy a lot of players who don't work out as everyone hoped or make the grade

You only got that impression that he's not good enough from watching him yesterday? Watching him the last 18 months could have told you that :lol: And I don't buy the "Its no one's fault" thing either, his whole career he's never been prolific and has always been a bang average league 1 player yet we spent 6m on someone who had a good 6 months at Bolton Wanderers.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:46 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:I watched him play yesterday and I was left with the impression that unfortunately he's not quite good enough for us, whether in the Premiership or the Championship.

You only got that impression that he's not good enough from watching him yesterday? Watching him the last 18 months could have told you that :lol: And I don't buy the "Its no one's fault" thing either, his whole career he's never been prolific and has always been a bang average league 1 player yet we spent 6m on someone who had a good 6 months at Bolton Wanderers.

No, I didn't suddenly decide that yesterday. I don't tend to jump to conclusions though and it might have been that he had some greater potential which we weren't getting out of him. I'd tend towards giving someone the benefit of the doubt for as long as possible because they've been lots of players who've taken time to mature into a role.
As I mentioned , there's always bound to be a wastage of players who don't eventually fit in and I'm sure that that's what's happened here. It's sad for all concerned because he was a fair bet, but you never really know till you've given someone the opportunity, and the dividing line is thin.
The reason I came to that conclusion was that watching him play in a different team based near his home and family and without the pressure of a big fee tag, he still lacked the skills and especially the speed which is the minimum requirement at that level.
I understand that he's a troubled individual but he's done his best so it's not his fault.
If he could have scored goals despite lacking skills ,as many have, at the rate he did in his previous team he'd have made a massive difference for us, so it's not Sir Neil Warnock's fault for trying it either.
Unfortunately I'm afraid none of this works in the event so it's best for all concerned to move on
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:25 pm

I saw him get a 1st half hat trick at Liskeard in a friendly last summer, he was unplayable that evening.
Plymuff Bloobird

Return to General Chat