Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ WOLVES v BRIGHTON RESULT / ALL MATCHES “

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Much, much harder now. If they get a draw against Newcastle we need two wins. If they win we need 2 wins and a point elsewhere.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Fulham and palace we'll get 4

Brighton got spurs next

We wont beat Fulham away end of.

Ah, the 'Daily Dahboy' with his negative anti-Cardiff City slant! :roll: :oops:

Oh f**k off you boring tw*t.

:lol:

You could literally be talking to yourself.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Brighton got spurs next

Literally :lol:

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluebird:

Not a good day as we are really 4 PTS behind due to goal average

I agree Annis - a pretty bad result.

It’s not over yet but as you say, a minimum of 4 points in the remainder is essential.

To be honest, tomorrow is a free rubber in a way. Before the season started, you wouldn’t really target the game. It’s the Fulham game that decides it for me. 3 points and Palace is then within reach for at least a point.

I’m trying not to even think about what Brighton could do. They have a shocking run-in so I’ve taken it for granted they won’t get any more. Only nagging doubt is that seagulls always shit on you when you least expect it!! Lol.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:37 pm

It's not the end of the world

That goal difference will get smaller and ser over the next few weeks.

Main point tomorrow is not to get smashed if we lose

They wont exactly be over the moon with that result either. It's just decent for them not what they needed

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Still a high possibility that Brighton will get no more points.

Spurs, Newcastle, Arsenal and Man City for them.

Six points likely to be enough for us, possibly even four.

Not too much has changed.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:07 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Fairly predictable they would play for a 0 v 0. I was more worried they might nick one and win it. Their home game against Newcastle is not necessarily a home win though but that's what they are banking on. All is not lost quite yet.

Correct on both fronts,if we nick a point tomorrow it will be game o again,even if we don't, it is still not impossible,f@ck the negatively minded few,I'm sure the majority will be doing the job of being the 12th man. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Still a high possibility that Brighton will get no more points.

That my thinking aswell

I can see them conceding a minimum of 10 goals in those 4 games aswell which will really make the goal difference tight.
It is hugely important we do not take a hiding tomorrow if we are to lose.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:00 pm

thomasblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Still a high possibility that Brighton will get no more points.

That my thinking aswell

I can see them conceding a minimum of 10 goals in those 4 games aswell which will really make the goal difference tight.

I agree I can see Brighton conceding 10 goals in those games but we also have to be realistic and admit we could easily concede 4 against Liverpool and 2-3 against Man Utd. I think relying on goal difference is a big ask tbh. We need 6 pts unless Newcastle do us a favour but I wont hold my breath. Don't know why so many people are saying we need to get a point tomorrow, for me its the same as it was before. Liverpool is a free hit, the games that decide our fate is Fulham and Crystal Palace and anything else is a bonus.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

That my thinking aswell

I agree I can see Brighton conceding 10 goals in those games but we also have to be realistic and admit we could easily concede 4 against Liverpool and 2-3 against Man Utd. I think relying on goal difference is a big ask tbh. We need 6 pts unless Newcastle do us a favour but I wont hold my breath. Don't know why so many people are saying we need to get a point tomorrow, for me its the same as it was before. Liverpool is a free hit, the games that decide our fate is Fulham and Crystal Palace and anything else is a bonus.

I remember everyone saying we would make the play offs a few years ago because we would easily go through on goal difference, all of a sudden we went and lost 6-0 away at Preston giving up a 12 goal swing

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

That my thinking aswell

I agree with you, we now have to beat Fulham to set us up with a shout against palace, problem is Fulham have hit a bit of form and they can always score goals.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:28 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Brighton got spurs next

But I'm not.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:11 pm

Brighton need to win games, they aren't and they know we have winnable games.

Surprised how many writing us off on back of a nil nil draw.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:15 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Brighton need to win games, they aren't and they know we have winnable games.

Some on here just love being negative.

I still say that not an awful lot has changed today. Would have been very difficult for us if Brighton had won.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:21 pm

thomasblue wrote:

That my thinking aswell

Yeah, agree with that.

We need City to be in with a shout of the title on the final day if it’s still to be decided then. Goal difference between them and Liverpool is currently at 8 in City’s favour before tomorrow and Liverpool still have Huddersfield at home so could be close on points and goal difference on the last day.

Tomorrow is the only match I’m worried about when it comes to our goal difference. United’s form has been dropping and can’t see them battering anyone for the rest of this season. If they lose tomorrow and against City in midweek then top four will be unlikely for them - so will have nothing to play for either.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:21 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Brighton need to win games, they aren't and they know we have winnable games.

I still say that not an awful lot has changed today. Would have been very difficult for us if Brighton had won.

Whats changed is gone from one win possibly to survive to two wins to survive thats a massive difference for us considering we have realistically only two winnable games ? unless of course we win 1 and draw 2 ! The job as got harder thats all.... :o

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Whats changed is gone from one win possibly to survive to two wins to survive thats a massive difference for us considering we have realistically only two winnable games ? unless of course we win 1 and draw 2 ! The job as got harder thats all.... :o

I can’t see Brighton beating Newcastle and don’t count out the goal difference getting closer. It seems like a lot now but Wolves dominated Brighton without so many chances at goal. The likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City will not have that issue.

One win could be enough, but I think four points will be enough - and wouldn’t rule out the possibility of us getting a point at Old Trafford on the final day if we need it.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t see Brighton beating Newcastle and don’t count out the goal difference getting closer. It seems like a lot now but Wolves dominated Brighton without so many chances at goal. The likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City will not have that issue.

One win could be enough, but I think four points will be enough - and wouldn’t rule out the possibility of us getting a point at Old Trafford on the final day if we need it.

I would agree with you if Fulham hadn't suddenly won back to back games. That game has become so much harder to win after their result against Bournemouth and Scott Parker looks like he wants the job so will be making sure the players are up for every game.

I hope we are not relying on GD either as teams at the top just want to win games at this stage of the season.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:14 pm

Tbh I've thought all along we needed two wins

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:41 pm

hagleyblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I can’t see Brighton beating Newcastle and don’t count out the goal difference getting closer. It seems like a lot now but Wolves dominated Brighton without so many chances at goal. The likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City will not have that issue.

I would agree with you if Fulham hadn't suddenly won back to back games. That game has become so much harder to win after their result against Bournemouth and Scott Parker looks like he wants the job so will be making sure the players are up for every game.

I hope we are not relying on GD either as teams at the top just want to win games at this stage of the season.

A lot of unknowns but only thing can say is it as got harder without a doubt and whilst agree about utd Brighton capable of getting point off ncastle at home as well. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
hagleyblue wrote:

I said as soon as fulhams fate was sealed,that to me was dangerous,as they have nothing to lose,and can play with no fear,I had hoped they would be in with a mathematical chance still,big banana skin in my opinion. :old: :bluebird:

A lot of unknowns but only thing can say is it as got harder without a doubt and whilst agree about utd Brighton capable of getting point off ncastle at home as well. :thumbup:

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:51 am

Fulham are on a roll and probably are itching to play us.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:34 am

Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Brighton got spurs next

Oh dear; Victor isn't happy! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cardiff City FC need real supporters right now; ones that will be getting behind their team for the Liverpool clash today before rallying again for the Fulham, Palace and ManUre games that will define their season

Dahboy need not apply... :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Brighton got spurs next

Cardiff City FC need real supporters right now; ones that will be getting behind their team for the Liverpool clash today before rallying again for the Fulham, Palace and ManUre games that will define their season

Ironically Sven, Victor means winner!! Lol pmsl

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Brighton got spurs next

Ironically Sven, Victor means winner!! Lol pmsl

Yes, the two (Dahboy and victory) don't really go together, do they? :laughing6:

Either way, Victor (Meldrew) is a miserable old git who sees nothing positive in his own environment, so use of his name certainly fits the bill for the negative one calling himself (amongst other names, I believe) Dahboy ;)

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Chelsea play Burnley tonight

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Chelsea play Burnley tonight

Result: Chelsea 2 - 2 Burnley

Burnley effectively 'safe' for another season, as their goal difference is vastly superior to Cardiff's even in the unlikely event city win all their remaining games and Burnley lose theirs :(