Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wilfried Zaha has hinted he wants to leave

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:31 am

ZAHA WANTS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL

20/04/19

Wilfried Zaha has hinted he wants to leave Crystal Palace and prove himself in the Champions League.

Zaha, who has scored eight goals in an impressive 2018/19 campaign, is keen to test himself at the highest level of club football and start regularly challenging for trophies.

"I have to experience the Champions League,” he said. “I just need the opportunity, that's it. And I'll do the rest.

"I'm too ambitious. And not ambitious just to play for a top club, but to win things at club level and with the Ivory Coast.

"For me to be better, to achieve what I know I am capable of, I have to aim to play at the very highest level, to win trophies.

"I'm blessed to have come this far in my playing career. But I feel like there is so much more I have to offer."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wilfried Zaha has hinted he wants to leave

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:10 pm

8 goals? I'd hardly call that an impressive season ;) :old: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:15 am

bluesince62 wrote:8 goals? I'd hardly call that an impressive season ;) :old: :bluebird:

He started well but has dropped off :thumbup:

The problem with Zaha is that I genuinely don't think he would settle anywhere else and I saw his time here as a waste due to him coming across as a sulky, pedantic 'home' boy :(

Better off where he is...near mum :thumbup:

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:15 pm

He had his chance at Utd and wasn’t good enough

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:8 goals? I'd hardly call that an impressive season ;) :old: :bluebird:

The problem with Zaha is that I genuinely don't think he would settle anywhere else and I saw his time here as a waste due to him coming across as a sulky, pedantic 'home' boy :(

I was talking to Zaha and Caulker on the train back to London after our defeat up there. Zaha was gutted that we'd lost, really angry about the certain penalty he'd been denied and really positive about our chances of staying up. Caulker on the other hand couldn't give a shit. We really failed to get the best out of Zaha, if we had we may have survived that year.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:42 pm

epping blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

I was talking to Zaha and Caulker on the train back to London after our defeat up there. Zaha was gutted that we'd lost, really angry about the certain penalty he'd been denied and really positive about our chances of staying up. Caulker on the other hand couldn't give a shit. We really failed to get the best out of Zaha, if we had we may have survived that year.

Nice to hear (on Zaha) and we'll see if he has that same 'sympathy' for City in two weeks :thumbright:

Did Caulker actually know what day it was? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbright:

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:58 am

Far too much up his own arse.

Yes he's a good player but shouldn't go around trying to sell himself. If a team wants him then they'll bid for him. If they think he's far too arrogant and self-centered and will upset the squad dynamic, they won't.