Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BRIGHTON

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Loss would have been much better today all ifs and buts but if they win against Newcastle then two wins for us now wouldn’t be enough as our goal difference is worse

Certainly makes it even more interesting and that getting a point tomorrow at home to Liverpool would be very good now

Re: BRIGHTON

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:56 pm

not sure how we’re gonna set up vs Liverpool. Brighton take hammerings from Man City and arsenal and suddenly the goal difference isn’t too concerning, especially if we can pull off two wins.

Don’t know whether he’s gonna try and keep it tight against Liverpool to try and keep our goal difference better or say f**k it we have nothing to lose and just go for it

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:23 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:not sure how we’re gonna set up vs Liverpool. Brighton take hammerings from Man City and arsenal and suddenly the goal difference isn’t too concerning, especially if we can pull off two wins.

Don’t know whether he’s gonna try and keep it tight against Liverpool to try and keep our goal difference better or say f**k it we have nothing to lose and just go for it

No doubt he'll be damnded if he does the latter,and he will get hammered by the usual suspects on here if it leads to a hammering :sleepy2: can see him trying to keep it tight,for as long as possible, not always the best idea against the quality of teams like Liverpool, many city etc,I would say an early goal for,us could be crucial to our chances of getting anything out of the game,we simply cannot imo invite them on for 90 mins,either way a point could be massive boost in confidence for us,and make Brighton a little more twitchy for the final lap :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:47 pm

After that result we really need Newcastle to help us out against Brighton and we have to take 6 pts now unless Newcastle beat Brighton at Brighton which I fear they wont. I guess the good news is that Brighton have now failed to score a goal in 5 games.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:After that result we really need Newcastle to help us out against Brighton and we have to take 6 pts now unless Newcastle beat Brighton at Brighton which I fear they wont. I guess the good news is that Brighton have now failed to score a goal in 5 games.

Agreed all ifs and buts and could well not be over before the final game either

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Loss would have been much better today all ifs and buts but if they win against Newcastle then two wins for us now wouldn’t be enough as our goal difference is worse

Certainly makes it even more interesting and that getting a point tomorrow at home to Liverpool would be very good now

We put in a performance of the season 4-0 win at Fulham and then beat Palarse 2-0 and and lose to Liverpool and Man U both by 2-0 then our Goal difference ends as -31 and our points haul is 37. Brighton lose by 3-0 at Spurs on Tuesday and then win a nervy 1-0 victory vs Newcastle, before a 3-0 defeat vs Arsenal and a 5-0 stuffing by title winning City. They also end on 37 but with a goal difference of -32. Today doesn’t really change much other than we still need two wins and probably always did and we need to rely on a resurgent Newcastle doing us a favour, which is not beyond the realms. All to play for still, disappointing today but Brighton were always going to dig deep and get something.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:13 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:After that result we really need Newcastle to help us out against Brighton and we have to take 6 pts now unless Newcastle beat Brighton at Brighton which I fear they wont. I guess the good news is that Brighton have now failed to score a goal in 5 games.

Agreed all ifs and buts and could well not be over before the final game either