Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF GAVE IT THEIR BEST / BUT PURE QUALITY CAME

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:49 pm

My View / My Opinion

CARDIFF GAVE IT THEIR BEST / BUT PURE QUALITY CAME THROUGH IN THE END & LIVERPOOL LEFT CARDIFF WITH THE THREE POINTS.

Now Cardiff have to win two of their remaining three games & hope Brighton lose all their games, tough, bit you never know.

Cardiff may have lost but can still hold their heads up high :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

First-Half: To be fair Cardiff parked the bus and took all Liverpool could throw at them, defended well against a quality Liverpool side.
Mendez-Laing was the biggest threat to Liverpool. Cardiff can be proud of their 0-0 h/t result :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY 0 LIVERPOOL 2 :cry: :cry:
H/T 0-0
Crowd 33,082
Away Support ( Liverpool 3,100 fans)

CARDIFF CITY:
Neil Etheridge, Lee Peltier ,Bruno Manga ,Sean Morrison ,Joe Bennett
Aron Gunnarsson , Joe Ralls ,Victor Camarasa ,Junior Hoilett ,Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Oumar Niasse

Subs:
Brian Murphy ,Greg Cunningham ,Leandro Bacuna ,Kadeem Harris
Josh Murphy,Bobby Decordova-Reid Kenneth Zohore

To be fair Cardiff parked the bus and took all Liverpool could throw at them, defended well against a quality Liverpool side.
Mendez-Laing was the biggest threat to Liverpool. Cardiff can be proud of their 0-0 h/t result :bluebird: :bluebird:

H/T 0-0

The first goal always looked like coming for Liverpool.

57th min Goal! Cardiff City 0-1 Liverpool a brilliant corner hit low by Henderson to an onrushing Wijnaldum, who buried it in at the near post. 0-01 :cry:

Sean Morrison won’t ever have a better chance. He broke free of his man following a teasing Ralls corner. Alisson was out of his goal, but couldn't get a good connection on the header and it went wide! WHAT A MISS :cry: :cry:

Sub Zohore came on for Niasse.

Bacuna came on for Joe Ralls .

81st min Morrison was penalised for a foul on Sala.

Morrison penalised for a foul on Salah, Milner score the penalty for Liverpool 0-2 :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF GAVE IT THEIR BEST / BUT PURE QUALITY C

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Fair result really.

Glad we didn’t get beat by four or five, that was the big worry.

Teams like Liverpool and Man City are in a totally different class.

Important matches come over the next two weeks. Today won’t decide our fate and we still have a chance.

I’m not too downheartened.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Cpild have been better but today summed up our season mistakes costing us goals both goals avoidable but a goid performance over all

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Today never mattered it was a free hit.

The next 3 games are the big ones

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:05 pm

Performed admirably and held our own for much of the game. The penalty was clumsy but Salah also conned the referee by making the most of it and adding in the theatrics. The injury to Ralls is the biggest concern. A hamstring going at this stage could be his season over. We've now got two winnable games. If we win both we deserve to stay up, lose or draw either of them we deserve to go down as we simply haven't been good enough this year.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:10 pm

I thought in the circumstances we played quite well. Never a penalty but hey ho we don’t get the luck.

3 big cup finals coming up inc Man Utd who are poor.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View / My Opinion

CARDIFF GAVE IT THEIR BEST / BUT PURE QUALITY CAME THROUGH IN THE END & LIVERPOOL LEFT CARDIFF WITH THE THREE POINTS.

Now Cardiff have to win two of their remaining three games & hope Brighton lose all their games, tough, bit you never know.

Cardiff may have lost but can still hold their heads up high :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

First-Half: To be fair Cardiff parked the bus and took all Liverpool could throw at them, defended well against a quality Liverpool side.

CARDIFF CITY 0 LIVERPOOL 2 :cry: :cry:
H/T 0-0
Crowd
Away Support ( Liverpool 3,100 fans)

CARDIFF CITY:
Neil Etheridge, Lee Peltier ,Bruno Manga ,Sean Morrison ,Joe Bennett
Aron Gunnarsson , Joe Ralls ,Victor Camarasa ,Junior Hoilett ,Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Oumar Niasse

Subs:
Brian Murphy ,Greg Cunningham ,Leandro Bacuna ,Kadeem Harris
Josh Murphy,Bobby Decordova-Reid Kenneth Zohore

To be fair Cardiff parked the bus and took all Liverpool could throw at them, defended well against a quality Liverpool side.

H/T 0-0

The first goal always looked like coming for Liverpool.

57th min Goal! Cardiff City 0-1 Liverpool a brilliant corner hit low by Henderson to an onrushing Wijnaldum, who buried it in at the near post. 0-01 :cry:

Sean Morrison won’t ever have a better chance. He broke free of his man following a teasing Ralls corner. Alisson was out of his goal, but couldn't get a good connection on the header and it went wide! WHAT A MISS :cry: :cry:

Sub Zohore came on for Niasse.

Bacuna came on for Joe Ralls .

81st min Morrison was penalised for a foul on Sala.

Morrison penalised for a foul on Salah, Milner score the penalty for Liverpool 0-2 :cry: :cry:

You forgot the blatent penalty we should have had with the pull on Morrison by Robertson. The officials just happened to miss that one but saw liverpool's
Strange that

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Crowd 33,082 :bluebird:

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Beaten by a better team and there’s no shame in that.Playing against these teams we need to ride our luck but also do the simple basics right.
We came close but the gulf is too much.Massive game next week.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:21 pm

I thought we did well and a lot better than previously playing the big clubs. On another day we might have got something but just beaten by a better team.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:44 pm

I thought on the whole we did well. Teams like Liverpool are so much faster in thought anticipate our ball out and cut them out time after time. Not just prior to the penalty at the end but throughout.

Most of the talking points centre around Morrison who just needs to be a bit more street wise. The first goal shouldn't have been a corner, he had a clear strike on it and should of got it into touch.

We should of had a penalty for the pull back on Morrison but he was probably never clearly getting that ball so he should have made more of the pull, going down or pulling up, unable to reach the ball and appealing.

Not sure what happened with the headed opportunity but apparently if he'd scored it would have been ruled out for an infringement. Seemed OK to me but I'll have to see it again. To be fair you'd have put your house on Morrison scoring that.

As for the penalty. Yes he made the most of it, probably a dive but we gifted it to him. You wont get away with having your hands all over him like that even if your not actually doing anything to restrict the movement.

As I say a pretty resolute performance and despite the criticism I'd include Morrison in that. They played well against a team very considerably better than ourselves.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 pm

It is what it is. Championship, well organised against champions league semi finalists.

Morrison has these brain fades, he lost the ball tried to make up for it, gave a cheating little bugger every chance to fall to the ground as if shot.

Simply need to accept that those outside the top 6 are cannon fodder for the big boys and the premier league needs to keep the top 6 money generating machine turning over.......The "title race" was the first thing i saw when i walked past sky sports on the TV's.
The premier league doesn't want a one team league, it needs the other five to challenge and this is the reason we all get done over.

As a game i prefer the championship, but the money and notoriety is at the premier league.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 pm

Apparently salah was so embarrassed by his tom daly impersonation he left field straight away without shaking hands of city players! :o

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Our boys gave 100% from start to finish, can’t ask for anymore against a team pushing for the title, biggest plus for us was we only shipped 2 goals and it wasn’t the goal fest that we’ve seen from Liverpool this season

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Apparently salah was so embarrassed by his tom daly impersonation he left field straight away without shaking hands of city players! :o

I wondered why i couldn't see him at the end. It was a penalty, as soft as you can give and it didn't change the game, but there was no need for it

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Apparently salah was so embarrassed by his tom daly impersonation he left field straight away without shaking hands of city players! :o

I wondered why i couldn't see him at the end. It was a penalty, as soft as you can give and it didn't change the game, but there was no need for it

To be fair its so common now its the number one foul in any part of pitch! Can kick someone no foul put one finger on player he falls over its a foul! Not sure if Var will make a difference you would hope it would see that need more than a finger touching a player for it to be a pen, this was pen but made worse by salah theatrics..

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Just seen it back and thought the same as I did at the time, it's a pen, stupid from Morrison trying to make up for his mistake. Salah probably won it for his reaction though.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:40 pm

They kept Liverpool out for over an hour, and the penalty was dubious. We could have scored too. In short that was the best performance against a top six team this season and we gave them a real game. I think the boys are finally used to the standard and if we survive in the Premiership we'll do a lot better, but obviously it may be too late.
On the other hand , IF we play like that I think we'll beat Fulham and Crystal Palace and that would probably be enough.

If I were unbiased I think I'd be saying that Cardiff City are more likely to hang on than Brighton, but I'm scared to tempt fate.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Thing is that 1-0 with 15 minutes to go (how only 3 minutes added on time when Fabinho was injured for 2 minutes, several subs plus 2 goals?) City had a chance of a barnstormer finish but that cheat Salah aided by that clown ref put the kibosh on that.

As said umpteen times it’s not games like today that’ll see us down but not winning home games v Burnley, Watford, Everton, Newcastle etc.

Or not eeking our away draws at said clubs.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:They kept Liverpool out for over an hour, and the penalty was dubious. We could have scored too. In short that was the best performance against a top six team this season and we gave them a real game. I think the boys are finally used to the standard and if we survive in the Premiership we'll do a lot better, but obviously it may be too late.
On the other hand , IF we play like that I think we'll beat Fulham and Crystal Palace and that would probably be enough.

If I were unbiased I think I'd be saying that Cardiff City are more likely to hang on than Brighton, but I'm scared to tempt fate.

Have say that's a pretty good analogy :thumbup:

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Just seen highlights- didn’t realise what a good chance they was for Morrison.

Salah’s dive was just embarrassing.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:38 pm

Danny Says wrote:Just seen highlights- didn’t realise what a good chance they was for Morrison.

Salah’s dive was just embarrassing.

It was right in front of me but assumed Allison got a touch on it to change direction. Lol

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:29 am

Liverpool are a good side. Listened to the 5Live phone in on my way home from the game and there were 5 Liverpool supporters phoned in. A Brummy, a yank, an Irishman, a Londoner living in Wales and a woman from Northampton. This is why they are so disliked. Personally I hope Man city a club with genuine supporters win the league.