“ WE NEED TWO WINS AND A DRAW “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock, speaking to Match of the Day:

"As a manager, you cannot ask anything more than what my lads are giving. To hang in as we did for that time, I'm really proud of them.

"We might need two wins and a draw. It's difficult to see where we're going to get a break. I still can't get over [the defeat against] Chelsea. If you saw the dressing room afterwards, I have never seen people destroyed like that.

"The fans have been amazing all season and that helps the manager. They know I am doing my best. We're all trying to punch above our weight."

Cardiff City remaining fixtures:

Fulham (a)

Crystal Palace (h)

Man Utd (a)
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ WE NEED TWO WINS AND A DRAW “

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:58 pm

Why do we need 7 points?
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Danny Says » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:39 pm

We might if Newcastle don’t turn up at Brighton.

No clubs are doing us any favours.

It wasn’t asking much for Wolves to put in a shift yesterday was it?
Danny Says

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:43 pm

If someone offered me 6 points I'd snap their hand off.
2blue2handle

Postby phildavies » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:If someone offered me 6 points I'd snap their hand off.

id take 4 dont think Brighton will pick up another point.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:30 am

The worry I have is the Brighton / Newcastle game, the Toon are decent at home but haven't travelled well against the lower sides, Toon relatively safe now so will they do us any favours, Brighton are due a win at this stage of the season, I fear this could be their game and that would put immense pressure on us.
Wolfpac

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 am

I think we will do well to get 4 points from the remaining fixtures. Probably between 1 and 3 points is the more realistic outcome.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:35 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think we will do well to get 4 points from the remaining fixtures. Probably between 1 and 3 points is the more realistic outcome.

Sometimes you have to believe and not err on the side of caution.

City can win both games and stay up Mr half empty glass :bluebird:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I think we will do well to get 4 points from the remaining fixtures. Probably between 1 and 3 points is the more realistic outcome.

Sometimes you have to believe and not err on the side of caution.

City can win both games and stay up Mr half empty glass :bluebird:

Not sure I can be accused of being Mr half empty glass. I have forecast throughout the season that we would not go down, and that I thought 17th place was a distinct possibility, possibly slightly higher. However, as I have said previously, I think the crap decisions made by the officials in the Chelsea match will end up costing us big time. I don't think for one minute that we are going to pick up enough points from our last three fixtured to stay up. I honestly hope I am wrong and you are right, but somehow I think our fate was sealed with the Chelsea defeat.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 am

phildavies wrote:

im not convinced Brighton will lose Tuesday mate.
Spurs have a derby with WHU Saturday followed by Ajax on the Tuesday night. I think Poch will gamble and rotate...
add to this they haven't exactly done us any favours of late having lost to both Southampton and Burnley
dogfound

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:48 am

I believe we can get 4 more points,but then we will need Brighton to get absolutely nothing.
Football is a funny old game,perhaps a win at Old Toilet final day will be the final twist of a remarkable season for us.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby phildavies » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Spurs have a derby with WHU Saturday followed by Ajax on the Tuesday night. I think Poch will gamble and rotate...
add to this they haven't exactly done us any favours of late having lost to both Southampton and Burnley

Spurs will batter them. They still have the new stadium buzz Son is on fire and has the best movement of anyone in the prem so will exploit their defence. Spurs have stared playing really well again I’d predict a 4-0 win. Arsenal and city will both beat them fairly easily. That just leaves Bewcastle who are starting to play really well now the most I can see them getting is a point if draw 0-0 with them but I expect the Toon to win.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby dogfound » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:29 pm

phildavies wrote:
dogfound wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Spurs will batter them. They still have the new stadium buzz Son is on fire and has the best movement of anyone in the prem so will exploit their defence. Spurs have stared playing really well again I’d predict a 4-0 win. Arsenal and city will both beat them fairly easily. That just leaves Bewcastle who are starting to play really well now the most I can see them getting is a point if draw 0-0 with them but I expect the Toon to win.

Son wont be playing though.or at least might not..poch does rotate and it is a bust schedule.

the odds are in Spurs favour and I have everything crossed but this notion that its all so easy well if it was that predictable id be loaded.
dogfound

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:08 pm

dogfound wrote:
phildavies wrote:
dogfound wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Son wont be playing though.or at least might not..poch does rotate and it is a bust schedule.

the odds are in Spurs favour and I have everything crossed but this notion that its all so easy well if it was that predictable id be loaded.

Agree with the point you’re making. Nothing is guaranteed in football.

On paper, most would have a comfortable Spurs win. But on paper, most had us to finish bottom of the league.

I just feel that Brighton’s fatigue is going to play a big part. They had a long cup run. They pretty much defended for the whole match on Saturday, that takes a lot out of you, and they’ll have to do the same tomorrow as well as against Arsenal and City.

Seven points would definitely keep us up in my view. Four could be enough.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby BarmyArmy1927 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 pm

if the same united that turned up against everton turn up last game of the season and we are in need of a point then you never know.
fulham and palace will both be tough games as neither have any pressure on them
BarmyArmy1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Good Result tonight for Us :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat