Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bobby Reid

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Am I right didn't he play in the middle of the park for Bristol City?? I cant get my head around this one why he doesn't get a look in ffs he bagged 2 goals against Bournemouth since then nothing yet aint heard any gossip of a bust up anywhere , gonna need him in these last 3 massive games straight swap for Ralls for me if Arter still out :thumbup:

Re: Bobby Reid

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm

henge56 wrote:Am I right didn't he play in the middle of the park for Bristol City?? I cant get my head around this one why he doesn't get a look in ffs he bagged 2 goals against Bournemouth since then nothing yet aint heard any gossip of a bust up anywhere , gonna need him in these last 3 massive games straight swap for Ralls for me if Arter still out :thumbup:

I don't understand why Warnock signed him as he seems to have no confidence in him. He is a bit lightweight for me but Warnock must have known this. Think he may be a big player for us next year if we go down.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:42 pm

He played in the 10 position just behind Famara Diedhiou if I remember correctly. I love him as a player and think he's probably one of the most technical and energetic players we have but I haven't a clue why we spent close to 10m on him to only have him on the bench without even bringing him on in most games.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:33 am

Come on Neil open up and tell the fans why you paid a gotten for a player you won't select

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:12 pm

he would be played as a second striker for me with camasara behind front 2 cant for life of me see the use of 1 up top

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:07 pm

I can’t work out why he’s not playing either. He scored 2 against Bournemouth and hasn’t had a proper look in since.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:He played in the 10 position just behind Famara Diedhiou if I remember correctly. I love him as a player and think he's probably one of the most technical and energetic players we have but I haven't a clue why we spent close to 10m on him to only have him on the bench without even bringing him on in most games.

I don’t get it either, we could have done with him at Burnely, a bit of pace etc....as much as I love Neil his big signings are never the best, or he doesnt play them at least....tomlin, madine, Reid, Murphy, Cunningham, 35 million right there.....

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:25 pm

I think Warnock feels he can only pick one of Camarasa and Bobby Reid and doesn't feel that he can have both on the field at the same time, hence why Bobby hasn't even got onto the pitch as a substitute in recent weeks.

For all his ability Victor does not do much in the way of pressing or tackling in the midfield and Sunday was a good example. Gunnar and Ralls did almost all of the heavy lifting in midfield with Victor on the periphery of things waiting for the ball to break his way so that he could look to start attacks for us.

Bobby is somewhat the same being rather lightweight for midfield duties but definitely one of the more talented footballers in the team.

The manager I think is reluctant to field two creative players on the field at the same time as it runs the risk of us being over run through the midfield. Perhaps if we do get relegated and Victor moves on then Bobby will be given an opportunity to show again how good he can be in the Championship.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:59 pm

goats wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:He played in the 10 position just behind Famara Diedhiou if I remember correctly. I love him as a player and think he's probably one of the most technical and energetic players we have but I haven't a clue why we spent close to 10m on him to only have him on the bench without even bringing him on in most games.

I don’t get it either, we could have done with him at Burnely, a bit of pace etc....as much as I love Neil his big signings are never the best, or he doesnt play them at least....tomlin, madine, Reid, Murphy, Cunningham, 35 million right there.....

Completely agree with that. His best signings have been free's and loans. Whenever he signs a player for decent money they are either s**t or he doesnt trust them enough to play them.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:54 pm

One thing signing a player but Warnock talked him up to be a player that fitted something he was aiming to do when we started the season? I am sure Ralls even said doing team mates with Soccer Am hes the best player he seen training with CIty.. he seems to good on the ball and drags defenders out of position creating space for Camarasa and Murphy or whoever plays on the day he does.. strange one to say the least.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:31 am

Reid should be starting. He's not only a goal threat but Niasse also looked a lot more effective when he played off Reid. He has to play number ten and if Camarasa has to move back or be dropped so be it. Camarasa is a wonderful player but he drifts out of games far too often for me.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

henge56 wrote:Am I right didn't he play in the middle of the park for Bristol City?? I cant get my head around this one why he doesn't get a look in ffs he bagged 2 goals against Bournemouth since then nothing yet aint heard any gossip of a bust up anywhere , gonna need him in these last 3 massive games straight swap for Ralls for me if Arter still out :thumbup:

Wasn't he playing when we were not playing very well?

I can't remember if he was in the team against Watford and Everton around that time?

We are playing really well now if so there's your answer?

if he wasn't involved ignore me :thumbup:

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I can't remember if he was in the team against Watford and Everton around that time?

Just looked he played at Everton and we were shocking, we were murdered that game, maybe Warnock then fell on his best team, and didn't think Ried could do what the team needed?

Football is all about the balance and how they operate together, not just playing the fastest or most technically blessed.

Anyway in Warnock I trust!!!

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:19 am

Being 'light weight' doest mean anything nowadays , look at the premier league players, they are afforded so much protection by the ref - that being a massive bruiser type player is no longer necessary. What is necessary is speed, agility, intelligence and awareness.

Bobby Reid (to me) is great in this respect, his goals seems to come from interceptions , missed passes etc. He needs a break - maybe he'll get it at Fulham this saturday ?

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:30 am

Bluesman wrote:Come on Neil open up and tell the fans why you paid a gotten for a player you won't select

He doesn't need to open up but it is an odd one and my thinking (just an opinion) is that he bought Reid to boost the squad and provide 'options' at different points of the season

The problem has been the defensive style City have played and that doesn't play to Reid's strengths, as it doesn't for one or two other players

A bold approach at Fulham would see him start the game in a more attacking city line-up; but that would be a brave decision from a manager that knows our limitations even better than some on here (not aimed at you) and has achieved relative success with the formations and tactics used to date

Going to be a twitchy day on Saturday but we must keep the faith! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:51 am

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Just looked he played at Everton and we were shocking, we were murdered that game, maybe Warnock then fell on his best team, and didn't think Ried could do what the team needed?

Football is all about the balance and how they operate together, not just playing the fastest or most technically blessed.

I do feel for Reid but this is not the game to try something new.

Play the team that started against Brighton with Arter replacing Ralls. If we're struggling Reid and Murphy can be thrown on at that point.

We can't completely go for broke as a draw might still be enough if Brighton lose against Newcastle, or if we can get something at Man Utd.

Perform like we did against Brighton, West Ham, etc., and we will beat Fulham.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I do feel for Reid but this is not the game to try something new.

Play the team that started against Brighton with Arter replacing Ralls. If we're struggling Reid and Murphy can be thrown on at that point.

We can't completely go for broke as a draw might still be enough if Brighton lose against Newcastle, or if we can get something at Man Utd.

Perform like we did against Brighton, West Ham, etc., and we will beat Fulham.

Agreed

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:57 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:he would be played as a second striker for me with camasara behind front 2 cant for life of me see the use of 1 up top

And we need a goal or 2 Saturday .