Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jacks making the playoffs?

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Got I hope not but with Boro and the Wurzels in woeful form and perennial bottlers Derby occupying the final spot, surely not?

Re: Jacks making the playoffs?

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:32 pm

I think they will and if they do probably go up. Jammy side so wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Possibly they still have derby to play at home

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:34 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Got I hope not but with Boro and the Wurzels in woeful form and perennial bottlers Derby occupying the final spot, surely not?

Its more of a possibility than we dare think. If Derby draw at Bristol next week then it really opens up. It would probably take Middlesbrough winning both their games to rule it out. Home to Reading and away to a by then relegated Rotherham so they ought to do it.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:03 pm

22/1 to finish top 6 with skybet.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm

dogfound wrote:22/1 to finish top 6 with skybet.

Just put 50p on bet365 for a top 6 and a quid on promotion at 133-1, happy to lose £1.50 :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Needs 4 teams to fail for them to get into top 6 wont happen they haven't been consistant enough! :old:

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:30 pm

epping blue wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Got I hope not but with Boro and the Wurzels in woeful form and perennial bottlers Derby occupying the final spot, surely not?

Its more of a possibility than we dare think. If Derby draw at Bristol next week then it really opens up. It would probably take Middlesbrough winning both their games to rule it out. Home to Reading and away to a by then relegated Rotherham so they ought to do it.

Unbeaten at home since Xmas (in the league that's is ) and with two consecutive games at home and the last away at Blackburn its more of a case of relying on the others to drop points . Considering how the squad was sold off last summer not a bad effort but imo not enough

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Needs 4 teams to fail for them to get into top 6 wont happen they haven't been consistant enough! :old:

I agree, 1 week look great following week dogshite.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:13 pm

Good luck to them I say. EPL is garbage. Hate it.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:20 pm

With a poor goal difference, Swansea need to win all their games and rely on derby to not win a game, very unlikely.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:59 pm

Little chance. If they do then it just goes to show how poor the division is

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:43 am

With fixtures remaining it’s impossible without some big results, the most they can get is 68 points. Of derby win or lose the last place is occupied above that.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 am

Your still obsessed with us :laughing6:

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:02 am

Not a chance in hell cant believe anyone with a brain even thinks they have a chance.

Be intresting summer for them keep their squad and have another mid table decent season or will owners sell up their best talents. If so they will be in for a relegation battle. If we are honest a club of their size with that stadium and support level should be in league 1 anyway. Punched above their weight in recent years.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:14 am

Proud Jack wrote:Your still obsessed with us :laughing6:

Says the opposition fan who posts on this board? :mrgreen: :laughing5:

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 am

Tuggi wrote:With fixtures remaining it’s impossible without some big results, the most they can get is 68 points. Of derby win or lose the last place is occupied above that.

They can get 71. Boro seem to have the best fixtures left, but are not great. In fact from 6th down they are all pretty average at best so anything can happen and the jacks have a decent chance of a scraping in.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 am

phildavies wrote:Not a chance in hell cant believe anyone with a brain even thinks they have a chance.

Be intresting summer for them keep their squad and have another mid table decent season or will owners sell up their best talents. If so they will be in for a relegation battle. If we are honest a club of their size with that stadium and support level should be in league 1 anyway. Punched above their weight in recent years.

Well for all that, 7 years in the PL and a cup win shouldn't be sniffed at all the same , look at Wigan they managed an FA cup win against one of the biggest British clubs and managed to stay in the PL for a good few years so size really doesn't into it