Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 49 YEARS"

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am

Since we were with the big boys in the top flight, When and will we ever get there again?
If we do this season, then I for one will personnally apoligize to Dave Jones, for never rating him, as with whats all going on, I cant blame him at the mom, but why does he not speak out.

Re: " 49 YEARS"

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:32 am

I think he feels he can't speak out for fear of losing his job. Maybe there will be a revised version of his autobiography when he moves on from here saying what has happened, although he strikes me as a bloke who likes to keep a dignified silence. We won't go up this season under him though. I also think that we may be subject to a transfer embargo in January which will mean we can't buy any players in, which will also show that selling Capaldi and Feeney was much, much too premature

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I think he feels he can't speak out for fear of losing his job. Maybe there will be a revised version of his autobiography when he moves on from here saying what has happened, although he strikes me as a bloke who likes to keep a dignified silence. We won't go up this season under him though. I also think that we may be subject to a transfer embargo in January which will mean we can't buy any players in, which will also show that selling Capaldi and Feeney was much, much too premature

I have heard we might already have the embargo.

If he got sacked we would have to pay him a full yrs pay £800,000.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:41 am

The rolling contract he's on kind of keeps it safe for us as a club in a way and gives him a little more job security. I think if we don't go up this season, or make the play offs he will be on his way. But, if the embargo does become reality and we can't buy players in the January window, would it be unfair to release him at the end of the season, seeing as he's had his hands tied through no fault of his own?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:44 am

Nottage Blue wrote:The rolling contract he's on kind of keeps it safe for us as a club in a way and gives him a little more job security. I think if we don't go up this season, or make the play offs he will be on his way. But, if the embargo does become reality and we can't buy players in the January window, would it be unfair to release him at the end of the season, seeing as he's had his hands tied through no fault of his own?

I agree in a way, but I will be honest I have never been a fan of his.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:00 am

I think as far as Dave Jones is concerned, I am of the 'undecided' side of things. I think he's done some great work here with discovering players and selling them on and also taking 'problem' players (Koumas and Bothroyd) and turning them into very good team players, but he definitely has some serious shortcomings (can't arrest a slump in form, can't buy good back up players)

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:37 am

I get the distinct impression that Cardiff City is either a breeze or a nightmare to be at as a Player.

THE 'CHOSEN' ONES
If you are part of Moansey's 'elite pals club' you are afforded a pleasant experience that includes defiant defending even if you've had a nightmare in the previous game(s), a dead-cert place in the side as you are not subject to the 'performance review' that others face, and a friendly personal relationship and dialogue with the dual personality manager that makes you feel warm and cuddley inside whilst you get one year contract extensions and a lovely nickname used in any home or away press conference to the bemusement of the hacks (normally a shortened version of your surname in most cases apart from Sparky) from the clubs untouchable manager.

THE 'UNFORTUNATES'
If you are unlucky enough to fall into this category (through no fault of your own), you are made 100% aware by Moansey that you are not wanted - but with no explanation, you'll get no opportunity to play in the side - even when there is no obvious cover for your position & someone else gets played out of their natural position instead of you, you'll be overlooked in press conferences all together - when talk of playing options and injured 'current' players progress updates are requested, and finally you are frozen out entirely (***- also see note below) due to the fact you may dare to 'attempt' to stand up for yourself in front of the venomous one who picks the side.

***Note - At the Frozen out stage, this will also mark the end of your time at the club, usually for no transfer fee and only to be replaced by someone not as good as you for a big fee and on more money...... WHO THEN IMMEDIATELY MOVES INTO THE 'CHOSEN' ONES CATEGORY.

Listen Moansey, we all know the score and reality of the 2 categories of player in operation at our beloved club - there are far too many examples both past and present to prove it.

Peter

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 pm

I've always been a supporter of Dave Jones, but if we fail to make the Play-Offs it would be failure. Simples. He would have to go. Maybe if this happens, we will look back after a few years and realise what a good job he did for us. A lot of managers would of walked in the early years of his regin. Overall he has been great for us.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:15 pm

DAVE JONES what do i like and dislike about the fella ?
The fact is he has done very well on a shoestring when he first got here bringing in players and selling them on for vast amount of money to keep our club afloat. Making some very shrewd buys. Getting us to an FA cup final. And probably our best ever manager.
What i dont like , the guy has no emotion he dosent love our club and it shows when we play swansea. He dosnt respect our history or our supporters.And his side is to inconsistant.
Love him or hate him ? Me im neither way.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:35 pm

I rate him... Think what he has done with what he has been given is good ! I know why people feel like they do, but so what if he doesn't smile much. It's human nature to only remember the bad things, but I think the good out ways the bad by far. We are in quite a good place really.... Staying positive all the way !!!

Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Personally I think he's the best manager we've had since Jimmy Scoular, and by the way its 47 years since we were relegated from top tier

Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:01 pm

BLUEBIRD wrote:Personally I think he's the best manager we've had since Jimmy Scoular, and by the way its 47 years since we were relegated from top tier

Thats whats great about football, we all have different opinions, I hope he proves me wrong.