Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RIGHT THE CLUB HAVE HAD OUR MONEY

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:39 am

lully wrote:Ok on a more level headed note he has publicly stated all season ticket sales will go on transfers.
If he doesn't homour this he should be liable to criminal proceedings being taken against him for fraud by breaching trade descriptions, proccuring money through false pretences.
He has in effect made a verbal agreement with everyone who bought a season ticket which is also breach of contract.
Surely he's not this stupid, therefore I don't believe the NOTW.
But i still think he's a dodgy c**t though you can tell by the look of him.
Sam smiled that c**t just doesn't

a verbal agreement is a contract with an employee........ but im sure the shyster would of had a legal team look at this statement, after all it`s not the first time he`s lied[/quote]

No mate a verbal agreement is the most basic form of a legally binding contract. I don;t know what conditions were attached to the application forms as I didn't see them.
Perhaps someone could tell us if there are any clauses??[/quote]

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:41 am

ah well i only got degrees in employment law so wasnt sure about club to fan

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:51 am

holyheadblues wrote:ah well i only got degrees in employment law so wasnt sure about club to fan

FYI

Verbal Contracts
There is no legal impediment to the parties entering into a contract based on their conduct and verbal statements or representations. When parties agree the terms of the contract by verbal statements, the binding terms of the contract are more difficult to ascertain. Usually a court will look to the history of the statements made by the parties and the performance of the parties to obtain assistance in determining what was actually agreed by the parties. Where one person however has not performed their part of the bargain, and court is left to more uncertain means in reaching a decision. Draft contract documents, emails, letters and order forms may lend assistance to deciding the terms of a verbal agreement, and courts have used similar agreements with third parties to apply a standard of reasonableness in determining the terms of the contract in the absence of writing.
In the event that a party refuses to sign a contract, it is essential to write to the person and confirm the terms of the contract as they are understood, to provide a evidence at a later date as to the terms of the agreement reached. In the absence of any other evidence these communications are may be key in assisting the resolution of disputes relating to the terms of the contract. It may be useful to know that where an verbal agreement has been reached, which is later confirmed in writing but the written document does not properly record the terms, that it may be rectified using the doctrine of rectification

Though e could still sell players to finance any bills and not breach the season ticket deal

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:10 am

yeah case law in employment would go on the fact a case had been won before so a verbal agreement in employment stands lol