Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VERBAL CONTRACT

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Surely it's a legal matter, if people bought their season tickets on the information given by the club that the monies raised would be used by DJ to buy new players, than that's what they legally have to do, otherwise surely they have had the money under false pretences.

Re: VERBAL CONTRACT

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:59 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Surely it's a legal matter, if people bought their season tickets on the information given by the club that the monies raised would be used by DJ to buy new players, than that's what they legally have to do, otherwise surely they have had the money under false pretences.

Agree Gwyn, they have said that ALL the money raised will go to new players in January, but does anyone actually think this will happen, i certainly dont, yes we may get new players but only on loan.

Surely the club will be liable for false advertising if this is the case, or perhaps they may prove us all wrong and come up with the goods, but its highly unlikely.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 pm

I agree but how could you prove if the club signed a premiership player on loan you would never know what his wages were so how could you prove it

I have got mine and my boys tickets but still thinks its one huge gamble but if your not in it, you wont win it and that is what the riddler has gambled on !!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:04 pm

they will look very silly if they dont .time will tell - there will be no where to hide if they dont deliver

but to many conmen in football nowadays

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Why is everyone assuming the worse, the transfer window has only been open 2 days..Lets see what has happened when it closes, and then panic.. :mrgreen:

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:06 pm

They'll say that there was no one available who was better than what we've got now. They will be associated with about half a dozen players who will be snapped up by competing clubs. That's what they've done in the past.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:07 pm

I think there could be a legal case if the bulk of the money is not spent on players and wages.I would suggest that what Ridsale said would form part of the contract.
Could be a matter worth referring to trading standards to see if they would be interested.Otherwise it would need rich man to take on CCFC in the courts.That is if they do not use the money as promised.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:08 pm

If they cant find anyone better than Taiwo and Comingues then theres is a problem !!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Surely it's a legal matter, if people bought their season tickets on the information given by the club that the monies raised would be used by DJ to buy new players, than that's what they legally have to do, otherwise surely they have had the money under false pretences.

Is this a verbal contract?????? Is there anything in writing signed and sealed???? just a queary thats all??????
Last edited by sam salim on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:14 pm

just the shit in the media

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:15 pm

There was also leaflets distributed advertising the offer.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:18 pm

It's been on the official site too!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:21 pm

sam salim wrote:

Is this a verbal contract?????? Is there anything in writing signed and sealed???? just a queary thats all??????

A verbal contract is as good, in law as a written one.Civil matter if broken, not false pretences.This would be an interesting one for the lawyers if City do not buy players as promised.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:49 pm

we could take out a private civil action.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:we could take out a private civil action.

Wouldny be any point, if it does go tits up and we end up in admin, there`ll be nothing left to claim back..