Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

false hope broken promises and shafting the fans

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:59 am

just to make you lads feel a little better -its not just happening in cardiff
for the last 10yrs we've been lied to and taken for mugs
year in year out its the same old crap
INVESTMENT IS COMING ...in august
August comes and goes...in January....it comes and goes....
carrots dangled ...hope given...promises made and broken along with your hearts....
then a new chairman comes in..a wednesday fan----multi-millionaire
comes in as an adviser and ends up in the big seat
everyone starts pulling in the right direction....things are on the up

Then another dates given and gone
more promises..buy your discounted season tickets---gives a target of an unrealistic 16500
your club your manager...the money will all go to transfer funds...bla bla bla
we get 13500 ish and his attitude changes
he's got grant and tudgay to sign new increased contracts
hes overbudgeted...
and starts posting on his facebook

you are letting your club down
get your hands in your pockets
we need 25000 thro the turnstyles week in week out or your top players are going in january

then the straw that breaks my back
he starts discounting matchday prices
get in for a tenner
unemployed family creditpeople...the list was endless get in for a fiver
season ticket holders being shit on once more
and the big on is dropped early november
BUY YOUR 2010-2011 SEASON TICKETS NOW
DEADLINE FOR DISCO IS DEC 18TH 2010

IVE BEEN A SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR 38 YR
AND THATS DONE ME
I'LL PICK MI GAMES -OR DROP ON A FREEBY(like sam) :mrgreen:

moneys tight and these people in their ivory multi million pound towers are out of touch with the every day man
not one penny has this PIKELET put into my club
he says all his work is done for free
its a status thing for him
its an ego trip
and from what i hear hes off to fookin auzzie land for good mid feb....................................
if he goes now i'll carry the tosser over the woodhead for free and save his taxi fare :x

WEDNESDAY TILL I DIE.......or till mi money runs dry ;)

Re: false hope broken promises and shafting the fans

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:07 am

nice one Ady!!!!! Looks like we have been shafted just like Ridders is doing down at the City!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 am

And the irony is there are an army of City fans who think Peter is our saviour/ doing a good job... some people, eh?

Knew you guys were having a rough time of it, but I don't think we are alone. A lot of clubs are going to really feel the pinch, maybe Liverpool being the biggest of all, something that has been on the cards for a long time. Others in the Prem are in dire trouble, Portsmouth obviously, West Ham and almost certainly others. Clubs below the Prem will almost certainly start falling or going into administration en masse. With us having a clown like Ridsdale in charge, mortgaging up all our future income as he did at Leeds, the future is very, very bleak if this investment doesn't come in and lets face it, would you invest based purely as a business decision? It would be madness. He has already taken around £6m out of next seasons money (£3m from tv money, £3m in season ticket sales to "reward the fans and fund iteam investment...), unless investment or promotion is acheived, come the summer (if we last that long) we will have a shortfall of at least £6m to bridge, BEFORE factoring in any debt repayments or "unforseen" costs that are forever sheepishly announced by Ridsdale. Will the new owners want to subsidise that? Player sales and/ or administration seems the only way, hope I'm wrong.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:22 am

I thought that was the title of Ridsdales new book

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:27 am

same at hillsboro mate
STRAFFORDS GOT EM DANGLING FROM HIS ARSE
he cant do no wrong
its about time wednesday fans stood up to be counted
demonstrations should have taken place well before now

but they sit back and watch the blood drain from their club
ITS KEEPING ITS HEAD ABOVE WATER
but its soaking in and cant hang on forever
its starting to sink
and its a rudderless ship while the people at the helm ignore whats happening

its rotten from top to bottom
3 more straight defeats and i think ADMIN will be upon us

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:15 am

I posted a reply when the forum was first set up, to a thread about Risdale going to the Malaysians re : them investing in the city.
I quoted, " Dont believe the Hype, until it is signed and sealed " As mentioned previously by Ady, we have had false promises at Wednesday over the last ten years. I did not comment any further because i did'nt know much on the subject and me being from another club i did'nt want to cause any scaremongering! Ive held a season ticket at hillsborough since 1983 and did'nt renew this season, not because i did'nt want to, but because my family are season ticket holders at the city and the wednesday play at home the same day this season, so i picked my games, so my family can come down and see their beloved city play!!!! With recent events happening this season, with a promised takeover and the club moving forward, there was not going to be discounts and offers of £5 and £10 tickets as we needed to hit 16,000 season ticket sales to show the aledged investor's that we were a club with Big potentional. Then when the season kicked off the offers started to appear again to get more supporters in, this obviously upset the people with season tickets because they had paid upfront and people who went to the offer games only went because it was on the cheap!! Chairmans reason was that we needed 25,000 to break even! Then in november for the first time ive ever known it at the wednesday, it was "buy next years season tickets before end of december" with promises of we will spend it on the team in january!!!!!! Sounds familiar does'nt it??????? I can't see it happening i hope i am wrong!!!!! We have had consortiums going to take us over and people from asia! The consortium was someone in jersey, who could'nt show any money in these so called bank accounts and the asians were three blokes who owned a corner shop and we finished up being a laughing stock! We, the supporters are being taken for a ride by all these false promises and i can see alot of clubs folding!!!!!! We might support different clubs but we are all being treated the same!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: