Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hardly supsrising PR runs the club on a knife edge if ....

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 pm

You look at the 'example' club, the country's top club, Man Utd.

£72m operating profit, last year.
Almost completely swallowed up by £69m of interest payments as they are so deep in debt.

ONE poor season and they will be up sh1t street.

Chelsea however, have just had their £470m of loans to abramovich turned into shares (prob a tax dodge :lol: )..

There are counter arguments abounding as to whether Ferguson will be given the Ronaldo money to spend and what will happen to the money they are getting in for Vidic.

We arent alone.

Difference is, mind United are such a big name, the financial problems they ar ehaving will only lead to them being sold on to someone else. Same with liverpool.

Re: hardly supsrising PR runs the club on a knife edge if ....

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:49 pm

I have a very good mate who is a United fan and he's disgusted the Glazer's have been allowed to come in and just turn a club with no debts and huge profits into one which is now deep in debt due to that family. Apparently, the fans aren't too confident of having any money to spend this month and there is suspicion over the fact they have not turned one of the Croatian/Serbian kids into a permanent move. It may be that he wasn't actually good enough, but on the other hand, the rumours are that they could not afford him.

I'm not a particular lover of United, but I find it sad that these foreign 'investors', or owners as they're sometimes called, are allowed to come in and do this to our game when they've had no interest in football before. Maybe we should be careful what we wish for here

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Lawnmower wrote:You look at the 'example' club, the country's top club, Man Utd.

Almost completely swallowed up by £69m of interest payments as they are so deep in debt.

Chelsea however, have just had their £470m of loans to abramovich turned into shares (prob a tax dodge :lol: )..

There are counter arguments abounding as to whether Ferguson will be given the Ronaldo money to spend and what will happen to the money they are getting in for Vidic.

We arent alone.

Difference is, mind United are such a big name, the financial problems they ar ehaving will only lead to them being sold on to someone else. Same with liverpool.

Good post Tim, but PR could cut our wage bill in half and we would be no worse off.(not players either , I mean staff)

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:You look at the 'example' club, the country's top club, Man Utd.

We arent alone.

Good post Tim, but PR could cut our wage bill in half and we would be no worse off.(not players either , I mean staff)

Yeah.
I do find t hard to understand why the extra people have been brought it.

Althoguht the ticket office is better now and Ridsdale's PR man has had to work over-time recently !!

Seriously, my guess would be that he wants to surround himself with his buddies (his men) as he's under a lot of pressure. Problem is once again, its us who are paying for it.