Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Annis correct me if wrong, but the Malaysians..

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Investment currently stands at £0.

There was rumours they loaned £200,000 to help with bills but never confirmed.

Therefore P Riddy can add another lie to the Lie Files. He claimed at the Muni that the Malaysians had invested millions already. Where does it end???? :evil:

Re: Annis correct me if wrong, but the Malaysians..

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:02 pm

marcpccfc wrote:Investment currently stands at £0.

There was rumours they loaned £200,000 to help with bills but never confirmed.

Therefore P Riddy can add another lie to the Lie Files. He claimed at the Muni that the Malaysians had invested millions already. Where does it end???? :evil:

PR said they have invested Millions at the meeting and hadnt even asked for a receipt, PR's Words.
Steve Davies via Borley said £200,000 was received from them.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:04 pm

I just don't know whether to laugh or cry with the magnitude and quantity of lies from Ridsdale

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:28 pm

marcpccfc wrote:I just don't know whether to laugh or cry with the magnitude and quantity of lies from Ridsdale

Is it really that clear cut that the Chairman was lying rather than mistaken?

Ridsdale said that the Malaysians were due to 'invest' in the club and it would be in the 'millions.' What appears to have happened is that the Malaysians DID invest but only £200,000.

There could be many reasons why Ridsdale got the amount wrong, but the factual base of what he said, 'investment by the Malaysians' does seem to have occurred.

I accept its an inconsistancy which doesn't help, but we should be careful before branding individuals as liars on such scant and conflicting evidence.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Money could well be in an escrow account awaiting fulfillment of particular criteria, such as due diligence ?

In which case in a round about way he would be telling the truth. Its just we wont be able to touch the money.