Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Administration - The Winners & The Losers

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 pm

I don't want to be all doom and gloom but as the trust email says, we want the truth to possibly prepare for the worst and it would seem the worst would be Administration (well liquidation, but I'm not even going there).

So who wins and losses in administration? I can only assume that PR would fight tooth and nail to keep us out of Admin as he would lose everything, as would Langston. I assume PMG wouldn't give two hoots as they can recoup all their cash when player sales are forced upon us.

But what about us fans? Being honest, I can see it being more win than lose. Debt (nearly) gone, still in with a chance of survival, more potential for new owners, but we will lose a few players, although they are players on big wages.

I know it's a very simple view of things but it does seem that PR would have to fight against it, but if it happened it is not all doom and gloom.

Re: Administration - The Winners & The Losers

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:44 pm

:roll:

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Administration would be the last thing to happen I hope!

It's not just about a 10 point deduction - there would be a fire sale on all tangible assets to satisfy the Creditors and this would leave a paper thin squad with a transfer embargo.

Our best option going forward would be a takeover -whether amicable or hostile.

Administration should never be an option.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Wayne S wrote:I don't want to be all doom and gloom but as the trust email says, we want the truth to possibly prepare for the worst and it would seem the worst would be Administration (well liquidation, but I'm not even going there).

So who wins and losses in administration? I can only assume that PR would fight tooth and nail to keep us out of Admin as he would lose everything, as would Langston. I assume PMG wouldn't give two hoots as they can recoup all their cash when player sales are forced upon us.

But what about us fans? Being honest, I can see it being more win than lose. Debt (nearly) gone, still in with a chance of survival, more potential for new owners, but we will lose a few players, although they are players on big wages.

I know it's a very simple view of things but it does seem that PR would have to fight against it, but if it happened it is not all doom and gloom.

PR would fight to the bitter end, he stands to loose virtually everything he has.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:I don't want to be all doom and gloom but as the trust email says, we want the truth to possibly prepare for the worst and it would seem the worst would be Administration (well liquidation, but I'm not even going there).

PR would fight to the bitter end, he stands to loose virtually everything he has.

My thoughts exactly. Sort of takes the worry away a bit . . . . . . . . . . . just a little bit.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Annis,

Ridsdale losing his money is no cause for concern to me. PMG has made his money on the development and will get his loan back if we sell all the players. The other investors will lose most of their money but they were aware of the risks when putting thier money in.

PR can fight all he wants but how much has he invested really? Only PMG and Borley can help him and they will only do that to save themselves.

I see PR now as a very expensive insignificance

Mike