Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I HAVENT GIVEN UP

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:52 pm

On Merthyr Tydfil and I can tell you now, its Great following a team full of players with Guts/Bottle/Passion/Love their Fans and really want to play for their Club.

We will be running a bus to a few more away games this season as long as City are not playing, ask anyone who went to Magotsfield and Clevedon with me, what it was like :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I HAVENT GIVEN UP

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Top Man Annis

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Good luck in your quest to take over :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:09 pm

You right Annis I went to them 2 away games with you and I can tell you that them Players allways give %100

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

The players are geniuinly top blokes, they respect the fans and in return get respected, football how it should be

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Thomas Fish. wrote:The players are geniuinly top blokes, they respect the fans and in return get respected, football how it should be

I agree thats part of the reason why I like going up there :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:On Merthyr Tydfil and I can tell you now, its Great following a team full of players with Guts/Bottle/Passion/Love their Fans and really want to play for their Club.

We will be running a bus to a few more away games this season as long as City are not playing, ask anyone who went to Magotsfield and Clevedon with me, what it was like :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can you have divided loyalties ...........................? :?

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:57 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:On Merthyr Tydfil and I can tell you now, its Great following a team full of players with Guts/Bottle/Passion/Love their Fans and really want to play for their Club.

Cardiff City it has been for me for 38 years consecutive seasons as a season ticket holder, but I miss watching lower division players who care for their fans and it would be a Dream come true to own a football Club especially one like Merthyr with a MINI NINIAN PARK GROUND :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
. . . . . . . . but I miss watching lower division players who care for their fans . . . . . . .

They have to care for their fans, they earn a 'salary' like many of us and need to make their customers and employers happy or they lose their job.

When it comes to players in the Premiership and Championship, the players transcend being employees, they are self regulating and as such can make their own decisions on how they treat the fans or how they play from one week to the next. They already have enough money and can always get a large salary elsewhere.

It's the players that STILL give everything, do all they can for their team, club AND FANS that have my respect, but for every Giggs there is a Drogba.

I do not want to poo poo the great team ethic and club togetherness at Merthyr but if they were at Cardiff's level the owners would have egos to massage day in, day out.

Good Luck Annis. :D

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Cardiff City it has been for me for 38 years consecutive seasons as a season ticket holder, but I miss watching lower division players who care for their fans and it would be a Dream come true to own a football Club especially one like Merthyr with a MINI NINIAN PARK GROUND :ayatollah:

Annis, could you see a future where the Martyrs are controlled by their fans? I have close to zero knowledge of the situation. Just wondered how you see it.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:20 am

Due to my Merthyr connections the place has a special spot in my heart. I hope that one day they can get back into the Football League, even be it the Conference tiers, because Wales needs more teams higher up the leagues. I think in the next 2-3 seasons Merthyr will definitely get promoted.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:57 pm

i went stourbridge last yr with there supporters great day out it was, annis i,ll be up for an away trip with them

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:05 pm

tomo wrote:i went stourbridge last yr with there supporters great day out it was, annis i,ll be up for an away trip with them

i went to stourbridge on friday with merthyr but didnt see no bloody game :twisted:
you've got me started now :lol: