Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REAL MEANINGS BEHIND PHRASES

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:10 am

Please fill in your interpretations of these phrases.

The cheques in the post-----------------

The money has been ring fenced---------------------------

We have done this to reward the fans------------------------

Your chance to invest in the future of the club (academy)---------------

Transparency-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robust----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All monies will be given over to the manager-----------------------------------------

Millions have been invested-------------------------------------------------------------

We have now got the wage bill under control--------------------------------------

Once the stadiums built, i'll be off-----------------------------------------

I'll stay as long as the share holders want me to-----------------------------

The Malaysians want me to stay for 3 years------------------------------------

Allegedly.

Re: REAL MEANINGS BEHIND PHRASES

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:13 am

f*cking hell Gwyn thats a book on its own :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:14 am

Well i`ll start off with the easy one ....

TRANSPARENCEY ..................... Sooner rather than later you will all see through me so it seems !!!! :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:17 am

ROBUST ........ Like my firewall that protects my emails documents etc or maybe not ....... :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 am

All monies will be given over to the manager-----------------------------------------of the Inland Revenue next week

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:30 am

Once the stadium is built...............................I'll be off to Australia to spend my bonus money i gave myself :lol:

We have done this to reward the fans..............You can buy your 2012 season ticket to allow us to sign players in the summer. :roll:
Last edited by CHOPRA19 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:33 am

We have now got the wage bill under control--------------------------------------we just forget to pay the tax and insurance...sorted :twisted:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:45 am

The cheques in the post----- Easy, install a wooden post in the office with a slot cut out, insert cheque into said post.

The money has been ring fenced----- Similar answer to above, but involves a large ring shaped fence.

We have done this to reward the fans----- We need money quick.

Your chance to invest in the future of the club (academy)---- The money placed in the large ring shaped fence has been used elsewhere

Transparency---- something transparent, esp. a picture, design, or the like on glass or some translucent substance, made visible by light shining through from behind. Sorry the light, the electricty bill has not been paid so there is no light from behind

Robust----- rough, rude, or boisterous

All monies will be given over to the manager---- once tax, bills, goldfish etc have been paid for.

Millions have been invested---- and several millions more lost.

We have now got the wage bill under control---- of Lehman Brothers.

Once the stadiums built, i'll be off----- to work out the next bonus.

I'll stay as long as the share holders want me to---- go elsewhere.

The Malaysians want me to stay for 3 years----- even though they have nothing to do with our club.