Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHEARER!!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 am

Alan Shearer wants the Wednesday job and wants Gary Speed as his no2!!! 8-)

Re: SHEARER!!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:07 am

sam salim wrote:Alan Shearer wants the Wednesday job and wants Gary Speed as his no2!!! 8-)

Now your talking, tell him we will have either of them. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:
sam salim wrote:Alan Shearer wants the Wednesday job and wants Gary Speed as his no2!!! 8-)

Role on the day we have cash, power and status. What about Giggs as player/coach with Terry Venables or John Toshack as Director of Football and Ramsey back with Bellamy as a really annoying captain. :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:16 am

Role on the day we have cash, power and status. What about Giggs as player/coach with Terry Venables or John Toshack as Director of Football and Ramsey back with Bellamy as a really annoying captain. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Can you do that on Football manager 2010?
:ayatollah: :D

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:17 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Role on the day we have cash, power and status. What about Giggs as player/coach with Terry Venables or John Toshack as Director of Football and Ramsey back with Bellamy as a really annoying captain. :mrgreen:

Then I know we have finally made it to the promised land.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:

We'd better hurry up then Giggsy only has 2 seasons left in him. Perhaps we'll have to settle for him being manager alone.

Seriously though (well, only slightly serious) would be good to think that we had potential investors coming in that could attract the likes of Speed as coach with Mark Hughes a sort of director of football/manager. Start a system of training your next manager before the previous one leaves. Liverpool made it work for years and then they cocked it up.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:27 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We'd better hurry up then Giggsy only has 2 seasons left in him. Perhaps we'll have to settle for him being manager alone.

Seriously though (well, only slightly serious) would be good to think that we had potential investors coming in that could attract the likes of Speed as coach with Mark Hughes a sort of director of football/manager. Start a system of training your next manager before the previous one leaves. Liverpool made it work for years and then they cocked it up.

I thought we finally had and if the Malaysians do finally come in, I believe we will really be the big boys in this division and then, you never know once you get to the Premier.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:12 am

Isn't Gary Speed a player/coach at the Pigs Salim?

That'd be pretty funny if you got hold of him!!

Seems like I've missed a fair bit of excitement since I've been home in South Wales for the holidays.

I'm off back to Sheffield next week - How I've missed Praise or Grumble, the BBC's football phone in up there!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 am

Its more like Radio Sheffield United with that wanker of a comontator on it. Hes all for the Blunts! :evil:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 am

I wouldn't want Shearer as manager to be honest. He doesn't ooze charisma or motivation and his knowledge of football does seem quite limited. I'd love to see Gary Speed come here though. He's a quality coach and talks so much sense.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 pm

I dont think any of the top 4 premiership managers ooze much charisma? Its results that count thats why they are at the top!!! ;)

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Zabier wrote:I wouldn't want Shearer as manager to be honest. He doesn't ooze charisma or motivation and his knowledge of football does seem quite limited. I'd love to see Gary Speed come here though. He's a quality coach and talks so much sense.

Does Jones either.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Shearer doesn't have the results to his name either though Sam! :lol:

I see where you're coming from though. It would be an interesting appointment. However, it does echo Newcastle last season!

Lagerlewis, Jones doesn't ooze the charisma but I wouldn't want to hire Dave Jones if I was in Sheffield Wednesday's position, not mid-season anyway.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Fair point who is dumb enough to appoint jones :?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Zabier wrote:Shearer doesn't have the results to his name either though Sam! :lol:

I see where you're coming from though. It would be an interesting appointment. However, it does echo Newcastle last season!

Lagerlewis, Jones doesn't ooze the charisma but I wouldn't want to hire Dave Jones if I was in Sheffield Wednesday's position, not mid-season anyway.

Newcastle were on their way down! Shearer was a ray of hope for them! His presence could not keep them up! It was a shambolic situation he was in but he nearly pulled it off! The team let him down!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:18 pm

I don't think Shearer is that great.
My best mate at Uni is a Newcastle fan so I took an interest last season.
If any team played with that little "effort" against Villa where you had to draw to stay up, fans would want to kill their manager(figuratively). Hmm. Remind anyone of anything? :(

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:06 pm

maybe a few of them were on their way out of the club and did'nt give a toss about getting relegated!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:58 pm

shearer dont want job.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 440177.stm