Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 pm

what do you get for that then if you get nicked like someone did for doing it

[edited]

Re: email hacking

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Prison!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:47 pm

how could someone get arrested so quickly though, all you would need to do is guess someone's password? What proof would they have apart from if whoever it was admitted it? Even then I can't imagine it would be that quicly!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Owain wrote:how could someone get arrested so quickly though, all you would need to do is guess someone's password? What proof would they have apart from if whoever it was admitted it? Even then I can't imagine it would be that quicly!

owain i cant open my emails that quick :lol:

what does it come under is it fraud or what

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Owain wrote:how could someone get arrested so quickly though, all you would need to do is guess someone's password? What proof would they have apart from if whoever it was admitted it? Even then I can't imagine it would be that quicly!

what's the odds on guessing someones password??????? :?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:51 pm

my mate was saying that PR sacked him before for selling stuff to the news of the world but he could still access pr email and thats how he had another earner with NOW.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:52 pm

sam salim wrote:

It's easy to hack emails...esp hotmail, Yahoo and the like... can be done in under 20 secs.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 pm

how???? :lol:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
sam salim wrote:

It's easy to hack emails...esp hotmail, Yahoo and the like... can be done in under 20 secs.

how do get round someones password

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Probably not a good idea to be discussing how to hack into email accounts here I don't think!

Depends what you class as hacking though I guess, It can be pretty easy to access someone's account if you know their secret question, normally something silly like a pets name

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Owain wrote:Probably not a good idea to be discussing how to hack into email accounts here I don't think!

Depends what you class as hacking though I guess, It can be pretty easy to access someone's account if you know their secret question, normally something silly like a pets name

santa :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:56 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Owain wrote:Probably not a good idea to be discussing how to hack into email accounts here I don't think!

:lol:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 pm

was his password leeds

Blue To The Bone. wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:
how do get round someones password

You don't even have to know their password

oops

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Owain wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:59 pm

cant see that how do you get round a password for gods sake

bluebirdbaz wrote:

what a rediculous name for a dog? :lol:

I can see him running across a sunny meadow mid july, with a ball in his mouth all slobery and excited, playing with the kids in the summer heat, enjoying a frequent drink from the nearby stream - - - - - and the owner shouts out "SANTA!!! where are you, SANTA, SANTA!!!!"

I know i'd be thinking "what a fruit cake!!!" :lol:

Blue To The Bone. wrote:was his password leeds

No it was BILLY ( LIAR ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by sam salim on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Blue To The Bone. wrote:cant see that how do you get round a password for gods sake

With ease mate..

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Blue To The Bone. wrote:cant see that how do you get round a password for gods sake

By knowing the answer to their secret question is one way.

If you forget your own password how do you get it back, normally by answering a question. Try and make sure your secret question really is secret so that someone who knows a little bit about you can't guess it

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm

oh 1927 not a wise one then?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Owain wrote:

By knowing the answer to their secret question is one way.

If you forget your own password how do you get it back, normally by answering a question. Try and make sure your secret question really is secret so that someone who knows a little bit about you can't guess it

like changing someones Avatar?????? ;)

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Im not being funny or anything - but didn't a guy just get extradited to the USA to go up in court about hacking into the pentagon computer network after claiming he was looking for info on area 51 and Aliens! :lol:

cant be that hard to hack into a hotmail account......

Even i can hack into the neighbours router main menu and alter his settings - silly fucker runs an unsecured wifi!!! :lol:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:10 pm

whats the sentence then should be stiff especially if you passing on the info

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:35 pm

For a little hotmail account hack, nothing will be done.

I doubt the police are investigating it at all actually, since it'd involve the police here involving the USA authorities.

Too much work.

If Ridsdale knew who done it, though, and the person admitted, then there'd probably be a charge resulting in a fine and possible community service, but nothing major will be done.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Merlin wrote:Im not being funny or anything - but didn't a guy just get extradited to the USA to go up in court about hacking into the pentagon computer network after claiming he was looking for info on area 51 and Aliens! :lol:

He did, yes.

But that's a different thing altogether.

That guy hacked into *multiple* Government computers and could have done some serious damage.

As it turns out, he didn't do anything serious and was just looking for information on aliens.

However the USA then over-reacted and are trying him on serious hacking charges - almost implying he's a terrorist (which is a farce)

But hacking into a little hotmail account (which is very easy to do) won't warrant much action - if any.