Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My view.....

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Right then.....

So, the news has come out that we still owe HMRC millions of pounds and that we're still under threat of a winding up order and that Peter Ridsdale hadn't, as believe, paid off the massive tax bill the club owes.

Who's right?? Is Ridsdale telling the truth or is the NOTW bang on with their explosive report?? Well, to be honest, I don't care who's right and who's wrong. What has annoyed me about it all is that PR had the chance to come clean. He had the chance to give us all the truth and be transparent at the Muni and he chose not too. Even if he is telling us the truth now, he has lost all credibility as he has time and time again spun a web of intricate mistruths. It's like the boy who cried wolf with PR. I honestly cannot trust another word that comes out of his mouth until I see it infront of me.

If the club is in dire staights, then just say "the club is in danger". Don't palm us off with half truths and hearsay as they will come back and bite you in the arse, as it has so royally done so this week.

The other thing this week. How ridiculous does it make the club look for putting up the players in a 5 star hotel for a called off game 45 minutes away. No wonder the club is in financial peril when they're wasting money to this degree.

Oh, how I long for the day when I can actually have nothing but positives to say about the club!!

Re: My view.....

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Has Ridsdale been fraudulently claiming bonuses? Can't see how the shareholders can now tolerate such a man at the helm.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 pm

I believe his bonus was triggered when the stadium was built/given the final go ahead.

Nevertheless, how can you believe someone who has been given numerous chances to become transparent and has failed to do so each time. PR is your archetypal politician.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:34 pm

I cannot respect a man that hides and deny's! I cannot and shall not be misconcieved any longer, i to am sick and tired of it!

All we want is ONE TRUTH..............THE TRUTH!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:45 pm

why did the players not say that they didnt want to go to the hotel, everyone is bleeding the fans and the club

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

I don't want defend PR, but surely if he came out and said that the club is in trouble, then all the suppliers would withdraw credit from the club, which would mean the power company would turn off the lights, the water company would turn off the water and so on.

Please tell me I'm wrong??

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Newblue wrote:I don't want defend PR, but surely if he came out and said that the club is in trouble, then all the suppliers would withdraw credit from the club, which would mean the power company would turn off the lights, the water company would turn off the water and so on.

Please tell me I'm wrong??

Youre wrong

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Right then.....

So, the news has come out that we still owe HMRC millions of pounds and that we're still under threat of a winding up order and that Peter Ridsdale hadn't, as believe, paid off the massive tax bill the club owes.

Who's right?? Is Ridsdale telling the truth or is the NOTW bang on with their explosive report?? Well, to be honest, I don't care who's right and who's wrong. What has annoyed me about it all is that PR had the chance to come clean. He had the chance to give us all the truth and be transparent at the Muni and he chose not too. Even if he is telling us the truth now, he has lost all credibility as he has time and time again spun a web of intricate mistruths. It's like the boy who cried wolf with PR. I honestly cannot trust another word that comes out of his mouth until I see it infront of me.

If the club is in dire staights, then just say "the club is in danger". Don't palm us off with half truths and hearsay as they will come back and bite you in the arse, as it has so royally done so this week.

The other thing this week. How ridiculous does it make the club look for putting up the players in a 5 star hotel for a called off game 45 minutes away. No wonder the club is in financial peril when they're wasting money to this degree.

Oh, how I long for the day when I can actually have nothing but positives to say about the club!!

Hi Greg mate,

Your final sentence is virtually what I said to PR, Good writing as usual, missed your comments on here.
Your booked on for Bristol City away in the Cup.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

I’m sick and tired of hearing things From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics All I want is the truth Just gimme some truth I’ve had enough of reading things By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians All I want is the truth Just gimme some truth

I’m sick to death of seeing things From tight-lipped, condescending, mama’s little chauvinists All I want is the truth Just gimme some truth now I’ve had enough of watching scenes Of schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas All I want is the truth now Just gimme some truth

No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of tricky dicky Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me With just a pocketful of soap It’s money for dope Money for rope Ah, I’m sick and tired of hearing things From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrites All I want is the truth nowJust gimme some truth now

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Personally, I'd like to have things in black and white. Yes - we've paid our debt or No - we have not paid our debt. PR is very much in the grey area. "The debt issue has been resolved". This is neither yes or no. It's just pure PR spin. Time and time again he has, when given an opportunity to become transparent and set the record straight, and as yet, he has failed to do so.

It's not just the short term future of the club I'm worried about, with the taxman knocking at the door. The NOTW has made PR out to sound very untrustworthy. What happens if the Malaysians deem him such and pull the plug on any deal with such a shady figure.

I don't want to know the ins and outs of a cats arse, I don't want to know every detail of whats happening at the club (because it depresses me), but what I do want is for any information to come from the club, especially the man at the helm to be truthful and accurate, and not bullet dodging and spin.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 am

Mr Davies wrote:Personally, I'd like to have things in black and white. Yes - we've paid our debt or No - we have not paid our debt. PR is very much in the grey area. "The debt issue has been resolved". This is neither yes or no. It's just pure PR spin. Time and time again he has, when given an opportunity to become transparent and set the record straight, and as yet, he has failed to do so.

It's not just the short term future of the club I'm worried about, with the taxman knocking at the door. The NOTW has made PR out to sound very untrustworthy. What happens if the Malaysians deem him such and pull the plug on any deal with such a shady figure.

I don't want to know the ins and outs of a cats arse, I don't want to know every detail of whats happening at the club (because it depresses me), but what I do want is for any information to come from the club, especially the man at the helm to be truthful and accurate, and not bullet dodging and spin.

Well said Greg .

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:04 am

looks like ridsdale and the egg chasers are caught trying to pull wool over every ones eyes and are now desperate....... i mean if the notw story aint true as they say then why are ob involved to nab the source?? if its not true how is there a source?................................ in my opinion this leaves it open for the malysions (as others have said) to pay less to gain control.................well the less they pay the more they save to invest in the team surely. as i have posted before if they wait for administration to get us at rock bottom/last minute then after so long................... i will wait............. too many false dawns over the decades, so whats another season or two? lets regroup and do it right!!!....... if it goes through now all the better :D. if it never goes through then see u all in the welsh premier........... cardiff till i die! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 am

holyheadblues wrote:looks like ridsdale and the egg chasers are caught trying to pull wool over every ones eyes and are now desperate....... i mean if the notw story aint true as they say then why are ob involved to nab the source??

Errm, you do realise that the theft / sale of documents is irrelevent to how NOTW interpret said documents, eh?

For example, the alleged need to pay £2.7m - that may well have been written in a document. It may have been written as a potential scenario should payments not be made. A hypothetical scenario. NOTW run with the £2.7m need to be paid angle without pointing out it being a hypothetical scenario.

That's just one example.

Another would be that the documents involved could be old ones. Situation then changed, so the documents made obsolete.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:05 am

Mr Davies wrote:Personally, I'd like to have things in black and white. Yes - we've paid our debt or No - we have not paid our debt. PR is very much in the grey area. "The debt issue has been resolved". This is neither yes or no. It's just pure PR spin

I'm not sure I have the same opinion. If Ridsdale is saying 'the debt issue is being resolved' then he is tell us that the tax bill hasn't been paid in full, but will be soon.

I think we have to give him a bit of leeway as running a football club with a turnover of £15m+ can't be easy. He has told us previously an agreement has been reached with HMRC and that was backed up by the withdrawal of the winding up petition on 16 December. Also like most businesses these bills are settled at the last moment so that the company can maximise interest revenues.

Also I note that NOTW didn't publish the documents in full which means we have to rely on their interpretation of what they mean.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:51 am

Mr Davies wrote:Right then.....

We all want the best for the club and ideally would like to get an accurate position of its state but sometimes I just think it cannot be done. You cannot reveal everything to us fans because it also alerts other bodies that may use the information against us.

If it was generally publicized that we’re skint then we’d lose some power when selling players and it could lead to a “fire sale” also as already mentioned some companies may stop supplying us etc or possibly take action to get their money back

On the other hand, let it be known that we have loads of cash and the value of any transfer targets will go up. When SH was in charge we had to pay over the odds for players because it was known that we had money to spend.

My main concern is understanding whether the spin, secrecy and sometimes misleading info is ultimately for the good of the club or simply to benefit those who stand to earn good money out of the club.

I do get the feeling that one way or the other we are fast approaching the point where we find out.