Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE DEAL IS VERY MUCH STILL ON and

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:57 pm

THIS NEVER CAME FROM Peter Ridsdale. Whatever stories you have heard saying its dead or they have started to loose interest is totally False.

I Believe,They have now studied the whole situation and know we are in more than dire straights but will be coming in with a very low offer and in My Opinion I dont blame them, thats why they are Billionaires :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THE DEAL IS VERY MUCH STILL ON and

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:THIS NEVER CAME FROM Peter Ridsdale. Whatever stories you have heard saying its dead or they have started to loose interest is totally False.

I Believe,They have now studied the whole situation and know we are in more than dire straights but will be coming in with a very low offer and in My Opinion I dont blame them, thats why they are Billionaires :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Where's this come from me old mucker?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:THIS NEVER CAME FROM Peter Ridsdale. Whatever stories you have heard saying its dead or they have started to loose interest is totally False.

2 people very close to our Club but above the board but not on the board, trust me on this.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

2 people very close to our Club but above the board but not on the board, trust me on this.

I always do mate!!

Any chance on the £250,00 did he say?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:07 pm

Yes he said it was in the post. :)

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Yes he said it was in the post. :)

Well that's a relief.. I asked my bank to borrow money against my future income.... but apparently that's a crap way to run a biz? :shock:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:37 pm

You know what will happen with low offers and it will annoy the living hell out of us fans.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Wayne S wrote:You know what will happen with low offers and it will annoy the living hell out of us fans.

If I was in their position, knowing our current plight, I would offer about 10p a share, PR wants 45p a share.
I paid 15p a share, 2 yrs ago.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:You know what will happen with low offers and it will annoy the living hell out of us fans.

If I was in their position I would offer about 10p a share, PR wants 45p a share.

Would you sell your 15p shares for 10p Annis if it meant new owners?

More importantly would you sell if you bought at 45p?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

thats the best news we've had all xmas lets hope it happens sooner rather than later :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:49 pm

that might be the case, but will they accept a low offer or have a firesale of players instead???!!!!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If I was in their position I would offer about 10p a share, PR wants 45p a share.

Would you sell your 15p shares for 10p Annis if it meant new owners?

More importantly would you sell if you bought at 45p?

I believe PR paid 10p a share for his but also had half a millions pounds worth as a bonus.
If you had the choice administration and get Zero or 10p of the Malaysians, I would take 10p.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm

mpdblue wrote:that might be the case, but will they accept a low offer or have a firesale of players instead???!!!!!

That bit does worry me.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:54 pm

if that happens we will be mid table for sure, and we will be there for years

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:58 pm

they would get far more than 10p if they were to have a fire sale. They dont care about our club just there wallets. Ask sam/

That is my belief

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Lets just hope that PR is sensible about how much he is looking to make from any potential offer,as mentioned on previous posts I would expect about 16-18p to be accepted by PR. Annis do you think this will be a drawn out affair with tit for tat offers on how much is offered and how much is expected/requested? Any idea of the timescale of the intial offer 1week, 1month? BTW its good to hear they are still interested after all the recent shenanigans :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Lets hope TG and Co. can clear the debts and lead us to the promised land
After all, they can't be worse than PR and SH :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 pm

if we do fluke promotion surely the share price will go up its better for the malays to offer a decent price now the more games we win the better the price

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:44 pm

bluestar wrote:if we do fluke promotion surely the share price will go up its better for the malays to offer a decent price now the more games we win the better the price

'fluke' ???? :roll:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:00 pm

sorry i ment when we get promotion

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Fingers crossed it all works out for us, I think a hostile offer is the likely outcome.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:23 pm

chewbarker wrote:Fingers crossed it all works out for us, I think a hostile offer is the likely outcome.

How does that work??

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
chewbarker wrote:Fingers crossed it all works out for us, I think a hostile offer is the likely outcome.

How does that work??

Surely he means a very very low offer.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

How does that work??

Surely he means a very very low offer.

Well may I start the bidding... say £1000 in cash, by tomorrow morning.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:57 pm

What about a joint message board take over of the club, i`m sure we should could find enough 10p down the back of the sofa to challenge TG. :lol:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:12 pm

OK we might be in shite street debt wise but we also have a brilliant new stadium and a side 4th In the Championship. I think the Malaysians will have to respect that and offer a minimum of 25p a share. That values our club at around £15m (a £10m profit) so its a good deal all round for everyone.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:29 pm

i do think 10p-20p range will be it, i wouldt offer any more than that at the moment but i might change if we are at the top of the league with a few games to go.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Tony,

Your calculation does not take into account the level of debt that they will be taking on!

Mike

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:53 pm

When people like these get involves in football, they are not all looking to make a fortune from it, they buy in for the kudos, but of course they will try and get it as cheaply as possible.

The problem is while they are playing hardball, we are short of cash, and it will leave us short of cash in this transfer window.

That's life as a City supporter I suppose, you're never sure what to expect next !!!!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 am

keith pontin wrote:Tony,

Your calculation does not take into account the level of debt that they will be taking on!

Mike

The debt is around £22m + £15m for the club = £37m.

Excellent long term deal for a club with a £50m stadium, 4th in the league and a 20,000 regular fanbase.