Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

demo after game

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm

very simple after game, what do you think meet outside the front doors demanding pr leaves :x

Re: demo after game

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:20 pm

dibstours wrote:very simple after game, what do you think meet outside the front doors demanding pr leaves :x

Who votes him in? Not the fans.

Why should the other shareholders listen? Their interests are very different from those of the fans.

It's run as a business for the shareholders and they have made a calculated assessment that Ridders and his approach are the way to profit personally.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

dibstours wrote:very simple after game, what do you think meet outside the front doors demanding pr leaves :x

i would love to do one, but how many in this day and age will turn up lol

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 pm

a demo at the moment would scare off any possible investor's it's the last thing we need keep the faith the takeover will happen in my opinion but it won't without ridsdale.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm

I would certainly take part, but I would suggest we would need a sizeable amount for it to be worthwhile (at least a 100 or so)and I'm not sure the depth of bad feeling is widespread or deep enough, however mystifying I find that to be. Hope I'm wrong. Probably the first and most significant thing to happen is the Trusts activities and the possible EGM, but that is likely to take time, besides,I for one would support any action that brings to attention the fans feelings towards an incompetent liar running our club. Equally significant is showing the Malaysians that we do not want him to run the club should they take over and that a clear out of the board is required. It will be interesting to see how many afford their support to a demonstration, I hope it is significant.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:11 pm

saladthedragon wrote:I would certainly take part, but I would suggest we would need a sizeable amount for it to be worthwhile (at least a 100 or so)and I'm not sure the depth of bad feeling is widespread or deep enough, however mystifying I find that to be. Hope I'm wrong. Probably the first and most significant thing to happen is the Trusts activities and the possible EGM, but that is likely to take time, besides,I for one would support any action that brings to attention the fans feelings towards an incompetent liar running our club. Equally significant is showing the Malaysians that we do not want him to run the club should they take over and that a clear out of the board is required. It will be interesting to see how many afford their support to a demonstration, I hope it is significant.

You need Vince on board as well.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:11 pm

I want PR out, but I don't think a demo will work. He won't care, he'll just go on about the FA Cup final again in a press release.
For once, I'm willing to give DJ and PR time, but if we don't sign anyone PR should go, and DJ must go if we don't get playoffs

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Pete, given the circumstances we have found ourselves in since Peter took over, I believe far too much onus is and has been put on team strengthening. I would much rather see and have seen our club run within some kind of budget (it would have been impossible to operate at Ninian without making some kind of loss, but £7-8m per year was far too much) and have brought down our debt to a manageable level. Of course there needs to be investment in the team too, but we have lived way beyond our means which has significantly exacerbated the inherited problems.

Annis, any idea where Vince stands on this as I have not seen any comments from him? I was hugely encouraged to hear Corky and the Trust voice there concerns, as indeed I would hope every Cardiff City fan would and will.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:47 pm

in a word - NO.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Pete, given the circumstances we have found ourselves in since Peter took over, I believe far too much onus is and has been put on team strengthening. I would much rather see and have seen our club run within some kind of budget (it would have been impossible to operate at Ninian without making some kind of loss, but £7-8m per year was far too much) and have brought down our debt to a manageable level. Of course there needs to be investment in the team too, but we have lived way beyond our means which has significantly exacerbated the inherited problems.

Annis, any idea where Vince stands on this as I have not seen any comments from him? I was hugely encouraged to hear Corky and the Trust voice there concerns, as indeed I would hope every Cardiff City fan would and will.

Funny story is I havent spoken to him for 2 days, will ring him later.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 pm

While Im totally disgusted by the people running [b]our[b] club we've been promised to have spending money in the January window. If this fails to materialise then I agree a public protest infront of the main entrance after the game v Doncaster on the 30th Jan would be the minimum and every home game thereafter until PR resigns from his position, I would hope it doesnt come to that and we get the finances, improve our squad and get promotion, but I always like to dream!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Is it me? Demo!! What's all that about?
I must say I stand by my posting of yesterday evening (see below). There is no need for any thoughts of a demo until 1st February if we go by what Peter Ridsdale has stated - He's asked us to trust him (on what I believe to be) based the following:

"I've decided, I'm going to take our Chairman at his word and look forward to seeing the following delivered in the next 3-4 weeks as indicated and re-affirmed by him and the club.

- The hacker (hopefully) outed and arrested. Shame on him, I hope they throw away the key......
- The HMRC debt cleared as per their agreement (PR & HMRC)
- The first Langston instalment paid on time as per their agreement (PR &Langston)
- The entire Season Ticket income from the 10,000 Platinum Ambos being used to reinforce the squad for the big Prem push as per their agreement (PR & us 10,000 ST buyers & Dave Jones)
- The possibility of real long term Malaysian investment (subject to the due diligence being positive of course, but hey we are clean, so they'll find nothing smelly)
- The financial stability of the club not being compromised, even if the Malaysians did back away (as we obviously are not having to 'depend' on this investment to survive after all).
- The other creditors, big and small, being happy that suitable payment terms are in place for them to be paid what's outstanding for their services rendered.
- The future being brighter and more stable and secure than any time in the last 39 years

Good luck Mr Ridsdale, Mr Jones and all the playing squad, I for one am 100% behind you all...... C'mon City, Bluebirds, Bluebirds"

Peter

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:16 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:Is it me? Demo!! What's all that about?
I must say I stand by my posting of yesterday evening (see below). There is no need for any thoughts of a demo until 1st February if we go by what Peter Ridsdale has stated - He's asked us to trust him (on what I believe to be) based the following:

"I've decided, I'm going to take our Chairman at his word and look forward to seeing the following delivered in the next 3-4 weeks as indicated and re-affirmed by him and the club.

- The hacker (hopefully) outed and arrested. Shame on him, I hope they throw away the key......
- The first Langston instalment paid on time as per their agreement (PR &Langston)
- The entire Season Ticket income from the 10,000 Platinum Ambos being used to reinforce the squad for the big Prem push as per their agreement (PR & us 10,000 ST buyers & Dave Jones)
- The possibility of real long term Malaysian investment (subject to the due diligence being positive of course, but hey we are clean, so they'll find nothing smelly)
- The financial stability of the club not being compromised, even if the Malaysians did back away (as we obviously are not having to 'depend' on this investment to survive after all).
- The other creditors, big and small, being happy that suitable payment terms are in place for them to be paid what's outstanding for their services rendered.
- The future being brighter and more stable and secure than any time in the last 39 years

Good luck Mr Ridsdale, Mr Jones and all the playing squad, I for one am 100% behind you all...... C'mon City, Bluebirds, Bluebirds"

Peter

And a Good posting too Peter.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CCFC WORCESTER wrote:Is it me? Demo!! What's all that about?

Peter

And a Good posting too Peter.

It's now all down to another 'Peter'. A certain Mr Ridsdale.......

Peter