Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3 enquiries for Mathews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:23 am

but no bids yet, sound ominus

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25525123/

dont think fergie will want to loose out to wenger again maybe we can get Gibson or somebody on loan as part of deal?

Sack

Re: 3 enquiries for Mathews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 am

sack wrote:but no bids yet, sound ominus

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25525123/

dont think fergie will want to loose out to wenger again maybe we can get Gibson or somebody on loan as part of deal?

Sack

Sack, If he does go, I believe the deal was done months ago.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 am

Wales online quote - Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale said: “We have had two or three enquiries and I know Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in the lad.

“But there is no agreement with any club, verbal or otherwise.

News of the world claim - * They have a verbal agreement with Manchester United to sell rising young star Adam Matthews to the Old Trafford giants for £4m. = which allegedly came directly from Ridsdales email.

Hmmmm, interesting whose lying? :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:57 am

ihatealiens wrote:Wales online quote - Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale said: “We have had two or three enquiries and I know Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in the lad.

News of the world claim - * They have a verbal agreement with Manchester United to sell rising young star Adam Matthews to the Old Trafford giants for £4m. = which allegedly came directly from Ridsdales email.

The Club may have a verbal agreement, but does the player? If he has other offers, is he not entitled to consider those?

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 am

I think we would be mad not to sell Matthews for that sort of money, particularly given our current circumstances. £4-5m would be good business for a kid who has potential but will not be in the Ramsey league. We have to learn from the harsh lessons of the Ledley situation and not lose out :evil:

He will be a great player but at his age, quite understandably, he is prone to defensive mistakes (Swansea, Peterborough, etc.)and therefore cannot be regarded as a key player in any promotion push.

Of course, the ideal situation would be for Matthews to sign to Man Utd and they then loan him back as per the proposed Ramsey deal. It may sound a bit hopeful but logically he ain't gonna be in the first team and he's even cup tied for the Carling Cup so a regular start would be good all round.

Of course, if Fergie wants to throw in Gibson on loan as part of the deal (even if that reduces the overall cash) then I wouldn't turn it down :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Wales online quote - Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale said: “We have had two or three enquiries and I know Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in the lad.

The Club may have a verbal agreement, but does the player? If he has other offers, is he not entitled to consider those?

We have to rem Ramsey decided for himself.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 am

I know where I would encourage young Adam to go. Get yourself under the masters wing sonny he's done a fantastic job with Ramsey.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:14 am

ihatealiens wrote:I know where I would encourage young Adam to go. Get yourself under the masters wing sonny he's done a fantastic job with Ramsey.

and he made the right one!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:54 pm

£4m is silly money for a full back. The money would be much welcomed and lets hope Adam can further his development at his new club which will benefit Wales greatly

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Midfield general wrote:Get rid and sort the Taxman out

Can't we just give Matthews to the Taxman, they can put him to work in their call centre or become his owner and sell him. :D

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Sell Matthews, keep everyone else and then strengthen.

We will always sell until we're established in the Prem.