Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Snow

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:23 am

Whats the weather like boys south of the border as we have has about 2 inches in about an hour in Hereford.Will PR be out with his pick & shovel on sat morning to allow the game to go ahead ?

Re: Snow

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 am

It's sleet down here in Leckwith but with some thicker bits of snow in it. I can't see it settling though. Just cold and wet. :(

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:32 am

Continuous snow is forecast until tomorrow afternoon 25cm+, so saturdays game could be in doubt on safety grounds, we'll just have to wait and see.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:34 am

I reckon that Blackpool will struggle to get down

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:10 pm

kelvin matthews wrote:Whats the weather like boys south of the border as we have has about 2 inches in about an hour in Hereford.Will PR be out with his pick & shovel on sat morning to allow the game to go ahead ?

Pretty bad here in Miskin/Pontyclun, they've just shut the schools so there goes my peaceful day on the sick.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Pretty bad in New Tredegar, my school just closed. I didn't even know that it was open today. :blob4:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Jeff wrote:
kelvin matthews wrote:Whats the weather like boys south of the border as we have has about 2 inches in about an hour in Hereford.Will PR be out with his pick & shovel on sat morning to allow the game to go ahead ?

Pretty bad here in Miskin/Pontyclun, they've just shut the schools so there goes my peaceful day on the sick.

Go to work then........surely you could be doing some light duties????

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Ive been sent home for school, i was only there for 1hour and half-ish cos i slept late :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 pm

pontypridd is bad, porth stopped at moment but the traffic is bad everyone trying to escape :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Everyone tries to escape Porth when the sun is shining !!!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 pm

I work in the Echo and it's hard to see out of our windows. However, right on cue, the people from the valleys are saying the world's about to end as there are a couple of flakes and they need to get home to say goodbye to their families before the armageddon hits Merthyr and Aberdare while I have no chance of being let go early to get home to Porthcawl

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 pm

kelvin matthews wrote:Everyone tries to escape Porth when the sun is shining !!!

i know, but the exodus from tylorstown is of biblical proportions :lol: can you imagine leaving your car up there overnight ;)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 pm

I work in Cardiff and its the same everytime a few flakes of snow fall. Everyone who lives above the M4 starts ringing home and the same old classic excuses and rumors start. All the people who live below the M4 start looking at one another and wait for the next classic excuse.

Funny as feck - Bring on more snow !!! I have to pass about 12 pubs on my way home

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:11 pm

went for my run was like a blizzard down pontypool.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:17 pm

just went to myrther and back via the a470, its nowing really bad, then on the way back it had moved towards cardiff!!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Go to work then........surely you could be doing some light duties????

I've got man flu with a vengance....need I say more :)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I work in the Echo and it's hard to see out of our windows. However, right on cue, the people from the valleys are saying the world's about to end as there are a couple of flakes and they need to get home to say goodbye to their families before the armageddon hits Merthyr and Aberdare while I have no chance of being let go early to get home to Porthcawl

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 pm

We've been sent a Met Office severe weather warning in work. Apparently, the heavy stuff is going to start at 6pm tonight and not going to finish until late tomorrow night. It's going to affect the South East of Wales but mainly from Magor to Newport and then up to Brecon. That sort of triangle. Cardiff doesn't seem too badly affected so all us city boys can assume we'll be going to work tomorrow where as the valleys vagrants will be skiving off! :D

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Stopped now in Pontypool

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 pm

2cm in the Forest, skies gone black again and its just starting again. 40cm on the cards through this evening and tonight. BRING IT ON

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Forestbluebird, I imagine you to be like a non-wheelchaired version of Joe off Family Guy who lives in the Forest of Dean far away from communication with humans and you live with the animals and nature, fending off wolves and bears. I reckon you're pretty f*cking hardcore if truth be told! :D

Do you eat badgers for breakfast and spit out their bones to eat for supper?

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:48 pm

I live in Castleton, NO SNOW :cry:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Zabier, you've hit the nail on the head. My hair is down passed my shoulders, I have a big beard, i eat cockerels (and fish fingers for breakfast. We have wild boar, black panthers, wild sheep and animals with large sharp nasty teeth here in the foresty forest. I hate Bristol City and I love snow especially when it drifts. . I had my ear bit off in a street brawl and I live 5 miles from the nearest village.

OO-AAARR

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Where's the worship smiley icon when I need it?! I will substitute it with a respectful ayatollah! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I live in Castleton, NO SNOW :cry:

they are too snobby to receive any there :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:41 pm

forestbluebird wrote:Zabier, you've hit the nail on the head. My hair is down passed my shoulders, I have a big beard, i eat cockerels (and fish fingers for breakfast. We have wild boar, black panthers, wild sheep and animals with large sharp nasty teeth here in the foresty forest. I hate Bristol City and I love snow especially when it drifts. . I had my ear bit off in a street brawl and I live 5 miles from the nearest village.

OO-AAARR

f**k!!!! i thought it was the swamp tramp who lives next door :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:29 pm

forestbluebird wrote:Zabier, you've hit the nail on the head. My hair is down passed my shoulders, I have a big beard, i eat cockerels (and fish fingers for breakfast. We have wild boar, black panthers, wild sheep and animals with large sharp nasty teeth here in the foresty forest. I hate Bristol City and I love snow especially when it drifts. . I had my ear bit off in a street brawl and I live 5 miles from the nearest village.

OO-AAARR

Whats the story about "who killed the bear" forest