Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fickle

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:40 pm

Fickle fans. Not everyone.

"I'm getting rid of my season ticket because of bla bla bla, my dog ate my sandwich but its Buluts fault"

We all get the frustration. We all know things are wrong with the club.

Those of you that are in the camp of "getting rid bla bla" then go and support Man City,clearly never around when we were in the doldrums in the old D3, and If you were, you should know better.

Re: Fickle

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:42 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Fickle fans. Not everyone.

"I'm getting rid of my season ticket because of bla bla bla, my dog ate my sandwich but its Buluts fault"

We all get the frustration. We all know things are wrong with the club.

Those of you that are in the camp of "getting rid bla bla" then go and support Man City,clearly never around when we were in the doldrums in the old D3, and If you were, you should know better.

Why did Bulut give your sandwich to the dog?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:09 pm

I think people are entitled to do what they want. I'll still support Cardiff, just won't be attending home games. I'm starting a new job and my daughters health isn't great, that's good enough for me. Didn't realise I had to run things past you. As for the supporting Man City bullshit, you're probably one of those who supports two teams. :laughing6: :wave: :sleepy2:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:11 pm

Support one team, always have, that's the City!

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:11 pm

If I could review the season so far I’d say I’m satisfied. Is that saying I’m satisfied with being a mid table club? No. It’s saying that these things are relative, this time last year for the first time I felt real danger of seeing the club go down to L1. That thought hasn’t even crossed my mind this season. In Bulut we have a manager who has had zero experience in this country until he came to us; he hit the ground running but then found that it got more tricky as it got along. Managers who are experienced in this country would be more stable - granted - but why are we holding him to those standards? He has exceeded the performance of every manager since Warnock and we’re now holding him ransom because we’re in a bad patch.

We indeed do have fickle fans and I hope the board don’t listen to them. I think Bulut should be given the remainder of the season and the chance to get us out of this patch.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:26 pm

BluebirdForever….spot on with all you said

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:31 pm

It's a well known fact that all football fans are fickle.
In the case of Cardiff City, some are content with the standard of football so far this season, some blame Bulut for poor team selection or organisation in matches we struggle, others blame Tan and the board for lack of quality in the team.

Let's be honest, we are watching relegation form in recent weeks. If you accept watching that, then good for you!

However, it's up to each and every individual as to whether they feel they are getting value for the season ticket or entry fee.
Look at the many empty seats last Tuesday and again this coming Saturday. Many of those would be occupied if we were regularly seeing exciting football or indeed acceptable performances.

In general, most are discontent and can't see much changing in the short term. It doesn't subsequently mean they are off to Support Man City and co.
But perhaps they will stay at home until performances improve. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

(For the record, I've supported Cardiff since the early 1970's, in all divisions)