Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING EROL BULUT: “THURSDAY 22ND FEBRUARY 2024”

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:01 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ EROL BULUT WILL TODAY UPDATE CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Erol Bulut:

“ I could speak about a lot of things, plenty to say, but now is not the time.”

Updated:

Erol Bulut on Callum O’Dowda:

“I hope we can use him next week, 20 to 30 minutes, maybe.”

Yakou Meite is back available on the weekend.

Thursday 22nd February 2024

EROL BULUT FEELS CARDIFF ARE IMPROVING & ITS JUST A LACK OF CONFIDENCE WHY THEY ARE NOT SCORING GOALS.

Erol goes in to this home game v Stoke City:

Cardiff have not scored a goal at home since Boxing Day and not Won at home since December 9th.

Erol Bulut has only Won 4 of his last 17 League and Cup games and just Won 1 in City’s last 7 games (6 defeats).

“ CIAN ASHFORD & JOEL COLWILL “

Erol Bulut has said Cian Ashford and Joel Colwill will get their chances before the end of the season but insisted the timing had to be right

"Because of Cian and Joel performances at Under-21s, they are on the bench now," Bulut said of Ashford.

Erol Bulut:

"The last game was a game to get our confidence back. On Saturday we have to stay calm, patient and with the willingness on the field to get three points."

EROL BULUT:

“Ramsey will be out now until the first week of April, his injury was worse than we thought.”

“O’Dowda is in training and hopefully we see him play soon.”

Erol Bulut:

“Perry NG has been back fully in training and could start.”

"He (Ng) was not ready 90 minutes because of his hips," said Bulut. "We already have many injuries to main players that we could not use. So I always have to be careful of that.

"But I think Perry will be OK for the weekend."

Erol Bulut:

"Joe Ralls may be could have had 20 minutes with Blackburn . But I did not want to take that risk that something could happen to lose him for more weeks."

Erol Bulut:

“Our formation is not cause of the goal problem, it’s lack of confidence from the players.”

“READ ALL EROL BULUTS UPDATES BELOW “

Erol Bulut:

“Defensively we are good, the team works hard. In front of the goal is the issue.”

"We create a lot but don't put the ball in the net and this continues.”

“We have to work, work, work, every training session to make shots from different angles. We cannot give up. We have to believe it and the players have to believe it.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:02 am

Erol Bulut questioned on why not use Grant as an out and out Striker as in 2021-22 Season, Grant scored 18 Championships goals.

Erol Bulut: “ Karlan Grant “

"He played striker before, I know.”

"But how I see and how I analyse him, he scored many goals from the left, getting in behind the defence to go one against one.

"I think two seasons he scored 20 goals or 19 goals, because he uses his quickness, but it was three or four years ago and football changes in three years. Every year football is changing.

"Sometimes you don't have so much space in behind. When a team is leading, like Preston, they drop back and you have to pass in front of them, so then where can you run?

"You need different qualities, you need small, quick passes to come from the side to make shots. When one team presses you, you can use [Grant] in behind the defence.”

"We used him once at Sheffield Wednesday, in the No.10 when he could get into the half spaces and he scored there and had a good game. But if we do that, we then have to change the whole front part.

"If KG plays up front, then we will lose all the high balls. So we cannot play crosses, we always have to play the ball on the ground or in behind. So we have to analyse that also.

"At West Brom, our analysts thought we could come with (Josh) Wilson-Esbrand and (Perry) Ng with crosses into the tall guys (Famara Diedhiou and Yakou Meite), heading and getting second balls with the three midfielders. But that didn't work!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:04 am

Erol Bulut:

“Perry NG has been back fully in training and could start.”

"He (Ng) was not ready 90 minutes because of his hips," said Bulut. "We already have many injuries to main players that we could not use. So I always have to be careful of that.

"But I think Perry will be OK for the weekend."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:04 am

Erol Bulut:

"Joe Ralls may be could have had 20 minutes with Blackburn . But I did not want to take that risk that something could happen to lose him for more weeks."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:06 am

13/12/2023 Cardiff City 0 Birmingham City 1 Crowd 17,669 Away Support ( 1,098 )

16/12/2023 Hull City 3 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 20,352 Away Support ( 380 )

23/12/2023 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 26,009 Away Support ( 854 )

26/12/2023 Cardiff City 2 Plymouth Argyle 2 Crowd 23,983 Away Support ( 2,690 )

29/12/2023 Cardiff City 0 Leicester City 2Crowd 24,650 Away Support (3,211 )

01/01/2024 15:00 Queens Park Rangers 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 16,849 Away Support ( 1,305)

6th Jan FA CUP 3rd Sheffield Wednesday 4 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 10,955 Away Support (411)

13/01/2024 Cardiff City 0 Leeds United 3 Crowd 25,991 Away Support 3,236

20/01/2024 Plymouth Argyle 3 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 16,471 Away Support 1,733

03/02/2024 Watford 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 19,734 Away Support 2,104

10/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Preston 2 Crowd 18,763. Away Support 562

13/02/2024 West Bromwich Albion 2 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 23,541 Away Support 1,629

17/02/2024 Norwich City 4 Cardiff City 1 Crowd Away Support 372

20/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Blackburn 0 Crowd 17,131 Away Support 369

24/02/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Stoke City Crowd Away Support

02/03/2024 12:30pm Bristol City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support
06/03/2024 19:45 Huddersfield Town (h)

Live on Sky 09/03/2024 12:30pm Ipswich Town (h)

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City (a)
29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:09 am

Erol Bulut:

“Defensively we are good, the team works hard. In front of the goal is the issue.”

"We create a lot but don't put the ball in the net and this continues.”

“We have to work, work, work, every training session to make shots from different angles. We cannot give up. We have to believe it and the players have to believe it.”

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:10 am

Buluts decision to join Cardiff City?

Erol Bulut:

"About this I can speak many things because In the past I trained at clubs for this decision is on the board," he said. "They have to make the decision. For me it was not an easy decision to come to Cardiff. I made the decision for me and I did not make the wrong choice, I think I made the right choice to be here in Cardiff. I made the correct choice to be with this team to build something at Cardiff City with the board with he players and my coaches.

"I knew it was not an easy job I am taking but now I think everybody, fans media, inside the club, given how we started and how we went in the first few weeks, we put the expectations high. That is why we are now talking like this."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:14 am

Here's a quick glance at some of the key numbers Bulut will hope to put a stop to:

Cardiff have lost five of their last six league games, the only win in that sequence being a 1-0 win at Watford at the start of the month.

Since 1 December, no Championship side has lost more games than Cardiff. Blackburn and Rotherham have also been beaten nine times.

In that same spell, only Rotherham (9) have scored fewer goals than Cardiff (10) while the Bluebirds have the worst goal difference (-16).

Cardiff have not won at home since a 1-0 win over Millwall on 9 December, picking up just one point from the five games since then.

That run has seen them lose their last three at the Cardiff City Stadium (against Leicester, Leeds and Preston) while failing to find the net in all three.

Cardiff are third lowest for shots on goal in the division.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:15 am

Have the Cardiff City board talked to you about your future?

Erol Bulut:

"If they want a new manger or not, if they want to continue with us or not on this I cannot decide. But I try to give my best for this club and I know it was not easy for me to get players, to get players to sign new contracts it was not an easy job."

Cardiff have had financial constraints. They had an embargo last summer and struggled with the EFL's profit and sustainability threshold last month, meaning they did not get all of the players in that they wanted.

But he asked for time to get this project right and believes he can do just that. Sign up to our Cardiff City daily newsletter here.

"Time is always important, sometimes fans don’t think like you or me, they say Cardiff must continue like this. In one way yes they are right, we have been in play-offs now why are we not so close? I could speak about a lot of things but now is not the time, and so of course we could have games where we should take three points many games, I say for now we should have minimum 47-48 points but to have and and to get is something else," he added.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:22 am

Erol Bulut:

"I think with the system we have , we cannot talk about it," he said when asked whether the system needs changing. "Because before it was the same system we were playing (when we were scoring.”

“ It's about concentration, in my opinion, and the last decision in front of goal. These decisions are important in front of the goal, to have confidence to finalise or give the right pass. We have a problem with this."

"Defensively we were good. The team was really working hard. In front of the goal is the issue.

"We create a lot but don't put the ball in the net and this continues. We have to work, work, work, every training session to make shots from different angles. We cannot give up. We have to believe it and the players have to believe it.

“I feel we are progressing and improving.”

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:22 am

Erol Bulut:

"The last game was a game to get our confidence back. On Saturday we have to stay calm, patient and with the willingness on the field to get three points."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:30 am

Rubin Colwill, came through this way.

The players continually going out, 99% of them don’t get a sniff of making it after that.

“ CIAN ASHFORD & JOEL COLWILL “

Erol Bulut has said Cian Ashford and Joel Colwill will get their chances before the end of the season but insisted the timing had to be right

"Because of Cian performances at Under-21s, he is on the bench now," Bulut said of Ashford. "I know what fans want, but fans need to understand also that he is 19 years old.”

"In many games, we didn't get points, now we are trying to get the confidence back in the players, to put an 19-year-old player in these games I don't think will be the best thing to help him.”

“I watch the Under 21’s and he has deserved his chance of promotion to the first team squad.”

"We have to wait for the moment we can use him. When we spoke with the coaches, I said he will get his minutes. He is doing really well and is training with us every day. In the training sessions, he progressed really well from the start of the season to where he is now. If he continues, he will get the minutes.

"Putting him in at the right time is important. Putting him in when he cannot do anything will not help him, us, the fans and they are frustrated then that we put him in at the wrong time.

"Not only him. Joel Colwill is also doing well. We need the right time to use these young players."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:05 am

On Tuesday there definitely was an improvement but that's just because previously we have been dreadful.the plus side we were more cohesive some good passing and movement and actually went towards their goal.the downside goals win games and we offer zero goal threat

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:43 am

Erol Bulut:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:11 am

Erol Bulut:

“Our formation is not cause of the goal problem, it’s lack of confidence from the players.”

Re: EROL BULUT: “THURSDAY 22ND FEBRUARY 2024”

Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:08 pm

STOKE CITY:

It’s been a disappointing campaign for Stoke City so far, currently sitting 19th in the Sky Bet Championship table.

Their last six fixtures have resulted in three points, with one win and five defeats, leaving them 22nd in the form table.

Last time out, Schumacher’s side welcomed Coventry City to the Bet365 Stadium and fell to a 1-0 defeat.

On their travels this season, the Potters have won four out of 16 matches, recording 16 points.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:13 pm

Erol Bulut talks about Wintle arguing with fans in the Ninian Stand v Blackburn ?

Erol Bulut:

"He is the captain, we will have to talk to him.”

“If he made something wrong he has to apologise for that because the fans are here for the players and push them to be positive.”

“Over the last few weeks, they were supporting us really hard. We lost games and again they supported us really hard. So we cannot show this reaction."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:17 pm

Out if interest :laughing6: , why do you post so many images of him in these threads? I always think there's like 10 replies, but it's not, it's just photos of our manager with quotes.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:13 pm

Erol Bulut:

"In football, nothing has a guarantee, but with the team that we have right now, we don't have to think about the relegation places, that is my opinion," Erol began. "What we showed up until now with the team, we handled our injury problems well and the players did a good job.

"The squad, they know about the situation. We have many games to play, so as soon as possible, we have to make it clear that we don't have to think like last year or the year before.

"The last game was a game to get our confidence back. It was a good game for us after a few games losing. We had to get our confidence back to September, where we won some games in a row. It was a good start for us, but on Saturday, we have to stay calm, patient and with the willingness on the field to get three points."

Erol Bulut
The Bluebirds' next three fixtures sees them host Stoke City, before taking on Bristol City and Huddersfield Town.

Erol continued: "For me, it was also not an easy decision to come to Cardiff City. Everybody knows, but I made that decision for me. I did not make the wrong choice. I made the right choice to be here in Cardiff. It was the correct choice to be with this team, to build something here in Cardiff City with the board, with the players and with my coaches, to build something.

"Of course, I knew it was not any easy job I was taking, but now, I think everybody, fans, media, inside the Club, how we started, how we went the first few weeks, we put the expectations high, that's why we are talking like this. I want it like this, it's great. Now, we are talking differently. Don't come back on the bad things, think positively. We made a lot of good things all together. We have to build on this."

Saturday's opponents, Stoke City, currently sit 19th in the table, with one win and five defeats from their last six matches.

"For both clubs, it's nearly the same situation, but I think we are one step in front," Erol added. We are playing at home, so we want to win this game, we want these three points. My players they want it, they showed that today in training with how sharp and concentrated they are. Last game was a really positive point for us and for my players to get a bit of confidence back. With this, we have to continue on Saturday.

"They know where they are. It will be a similar game to the last game, with the shape they play. We have to prepared for that."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:14 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Out if interest :laughing6: , why do you post so many images of him in these threads? I always think there's like 10 replies, but it's not, it's just photos of our manager with quotes.

Have done for 15 yrs, just breaks it up and not so boring.

Fair play your the first person to ask in 15 years.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:Out if interest :laughing6: , why do you post so many images of him in these threads? I always think there's like 10 replies, but it's not, it's just photos of our manager with quotes.

:laughing6: :thumbright:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm

SB 1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:laughing6: :thumbright:

:lol:

:bluebird:

Re: BREAKING EROL BULUT: “THURSDAY 22ND FEBRUARY 2024”

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:11 pm

Ethan Horvath:

"It's been good for me to get the games in quick and fast, get the cobwebs out and get back to the Championship, because it's a tough league."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:22 pm

The CCFC Board will be dreading when Erol Bulut leaves :lol: :lol:

Erol Bulut:

"Time is always important, sometimes fans don’t think like you or me, they say Cardiff must continue like this. In one way yes they are right, we have been in play-offs now why are we not so close?”

“ I could speak about a lot of things, plenty to say, but now is not the time.”

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:34 pm

Updated:

Erol Bulut on Callum O’Dowda:

“I hope we can use him next week, 20 to 30 minutes, maybe.”

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:39 pm

Yakou Meite is back available on the weekend.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:38 pm

Cian will get his chance -

Erol Bulut has said Cian Ashford will get his chance before the end of the season but insisted the timing had to be right.

Ashford has been on the bench for the last two Championship games - and four in total since the new year - but has been an unused substitute. Some questioned whether he would be better served continuing his fine form for the Under-21s, but Bulut said his call-up to the first-team squad is just rewards for his work with the youth team so far this season.

Given Cardiff are on a poor run of one win in eight games, Bulut believes the timing has not been right to blood him properly. But the time, he said, will come.

"Because of his performances at Under-21s, he is on the bench now," Bulut said of Ashford. "I know what fans want, but fans need to understand also that he is 19 years old.

"In many games, we didn't get points, now we are trying to get the confidence back in the players, to put an 19-year-old player in these games I don't think will be the best thing to help him.

"We have to wait for the moment we can use him. When we spoke with the coaches, I said he will get his minutes. He is doing really well and is training with us every day. In the training sessions, he progressed really well from the start of the season to where he is now. If he continues, he will get the minutes.

"Putting him in at the right time is important. Putting him in when he cannot do anything will not help him, us, the fans and they are frustrated then that we put him in at the wrong time.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:13 am

Erol Bulut feels the pressure of the Cardiff fans is why they don’t score.

Erol Bulut:

Asked about the poor home form, Eric Bulut replied:

“Maybe it is the pressure of the fans? “

“We have to score, we have to score.' I don't know.”

“The players feel the pressure from the crowd and maybe that’s why, we not score.”

“At home it has to be better, for sure. Right now we can speak about many things. We have to continue to work.”

"Defensively we are good.”

“The team was really working hard In front of the goal is the issue. We create a lot, but don't put the ball in the net and this continues.”

Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:18 am

When asked about Buluts team's style of play and exactly what it is he is trying to implement, Bulut entered a six-minute explanation in an attempt to furnish fans with a better idea of what the plan of attack, literally, actually is.

EROL BULUT:

"I am preferring the system of 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. But when we are building up, we make a back three, sometimes it is with a number six or with a full-back, depending on the opponent," he said.

"We want to use the wingers to create chances down the side, because the centre is always a close place. So it's difficult to go through the centre sometimes. So you have to use the half space on the wings to create a two against one or a three against two in behind he defence to create chances.

"Sometimes we want to use the strikers or wingers in behind, but you have to see what type of players you have to go in behind. In this we have KG (Karlan Grant) like this, Josh Bowler likes the ball at his feet to go one against one. Kion (Etete) likes to make the runs, but also he asks to have the ball short.

"But mostly, it's to use the sides and come with crosses in behind the defence."

When it was put to him that his wingers, typically a right-footer on the left and a left-footer on the right, tend to favour cutting inside to heavily congested traffic, thus leaving the only option as shooting from distance, he replied: "Who is coming then when the wingers come inside? The full-backs are coming to overlap and hit crosses, so we have more players then inside the box.

"Let's say our left-back is overlapping the winger, you have the winger inside, the striker inside, the opposite winger inside and plus the number 10, so we have four players minimum inside the box. You should have.

"Then we can go to the other point. If you transfer the ball in front, you have to try to keep it also. If we lose the ball too quickly up front, sometimes we try to go too quickly up front and make individual movements and we lose it, because the midfield and full-back cannot support. So we have to keep the ball with the wingers and the striker in front, so we can go to a set play. This is a small issue we have. This is why we don't have so many players in the box."

It's probably fair to say that Jamilu Collins, who has had to be run into the ground this season following an entire year out with an ACL injury, is not bombing on past his winger enough to really trouble the opposition, as he has done in the past. Perry Ng, arguably Cardiff's best player this season, is not that marauding-type right-back, either, so creating that width has been a struggle, it seems.

The Bluebirds rank 20th for the number of attempted crosses they've put into the penalty area this season. They are also in the bottom half (14th) for the number of crosses attempted into the penalty area not included set pieces. So if that is their main attacking weapon, it's not being utilised nearly consistently enough to score goals.