Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ethan Horvath:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:53 am

Ethan continued: "There were a lot of positives on Tuesday. First of all, the clean sheet is something positive to build on. I

know I've only been here a short time, but from the games that I have played in, we've created a lot of opportunities from open play, which is a positive, because I know that from offensive set-pieces, the team is very strong. I think it's a step in the right direction to see how much we did create from open play.

"I know Stoke have changed manager and have probably changed style from the last time that I played them and probably from the last time Cardiff City first played them in the season as well. We'll do all of our analysis, but I'm pretty sure we can expect a similar game on Saturday like it was on Tuesday. We just have to take the positives from Tuesday and build that into our game on Saturday. If we get the three points, that's a step in the right direction."

Re: Ethan Horvath:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:49 pm

He did well today, good save at first for their goal. Couldn't do anything about the rebound.

Step in the right direction as he stated, onwards and upwards :bluebird:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:56 pm

He has got better game on game, I was worried initially

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:24 pm

Was good but rather frustratingly kicked the ball out from goal kicks 3 times. Just brought back memories of Etheridge

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:30 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Was good but rather frustratingly kicked the ball out from goal kicks 3 times. Just brought back memories of Etheridge

Distribution is very inconsistent but shot stopping has been decent. His save from their free kick needed to go wide not back out though. Easy goal for them. 5/6 out of 10 so far but early days.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:53 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Was good but rather frustratingly kicked the ball out from goal kicks 3 times. Just brought back memories of Etheridge

Distribution is very inconsistent but shot stopping has been decent. His save from their free kick needed to go wide not back out though. Easy goal for them. 5/6 out of 10 so far but early days.

That’s my issue with him.

No doubt he’s a good shot stopper but needs to learn to push the ball away from goal.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:02 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:He did well today, good save at first for their goal. Couldn't do anything about the rebound.

Step in the right direction as he stated, onwards and upwards :bluebird:

:thumbup: