Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wow: “ It just shows “

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:57 am

Leeds really mean business and Preston a very small club are right up there for the play-offs, where in my view with the squad we have it should be us Cardiff City:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wow: “ It just shows “

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:13 am

Preston and Coventry are two teams that destroy bets. One week they look like world beaters, then get pumped. Jealous I am, THREE GOALS. That's a solid months goals for us :laughing6:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:30 am

SB 1927 wrote:Preston and Coventry are two teams that destroy bets. One week they look like world beaters, then get pumped. Jealous I am, THREE GOALS. That's a solid months goals for us :laughing6:

:lol:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:32 am

Those teams pass and move at pace. Our players can't do that and we are where we deserve to be. It never lies.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:40 am

rumpo kid wrote:Those teams pass and move at pace. Our players can't do that and we are where we deserve to be. It never lies.

It just shows the difference if you get the right manager in and NO big money spent by Preston.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:18 am

Preston were top of the league at the start of the season. I think a bit more perspective and respect is owed to them. They've been building for a couple of seasons, same as Coventry and Hull who are arguably 'smaller' clubs. We have no right to challenge at the top of this league even with a bigger budget. We need stability and to build across a number of windows just like these clubs.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:20 am

rumpo kid wrote:Those teams pass and move at pace. Our players can't do that and we are where we deserve to be. It never lies.

Whereas we generally pass to a static player who passes to another static player. It's like table football.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:32 am

EastleighBlue wrote:Preston were top of the league at the start of the season. I think a bit more perspective and respect is owed to them. They've been building for a couple of seasons, same as Coventry and Hull who are arguably 'smaller' clubs. We have no right to challenge at the top of this league even with a bigger budget. We need stability and to build across a number of windows just like these clubs.

Plenty of Respect for them as they are well over achieving for a small club with actually only 9,000 home fans, Debt Free.

We have been apparently building for the last 4 years.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:07 am

Just shows you have to do your own thing and believe in it

We have turned into a copycat club. I hate "playing the right way" with vengeance, its a con !!!

You can do what you want when you when you have loads of cash, as Malky showed, we played a dire unadventurous percentage game but had weapons. We sealed the deal so no one cared.

Warnock's direct pace and power system was cheaper as fewer championship clubs were after the same type of player. Warnock's genius is fitting players into systems that exploit the stuff they are good at and hide the stuff they can't do.
NML wasn't the most natural of footballers but when he did sort his feet out after receiving the ball or when running onto it who would you prefer to watch today versus all our wingers?

Preston are big, strong, quick, and had a few technical players, not sure how I'd describe our players apart from, slow, and static with a few technical players. But I always think of Preston as a more physical version of us, they were, they have just adapted with more quality, that is a multi-season approach.

I think most of us believe one way or another Bulut will leave and we start all over again, with a new philosophy and new players that the new manager wants, leaving us with players from Harris, Mad Mick, Morison, and Bulut.......just plain crazy behaviour from the owner and board.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:38 am

llan bluebird wrote:Just shows you have to do your own thing and believe in it

We have turned into a copycat club. I hate "playing the right way" with vengeance, its a con !!!

You can do what you want when you when you have loads of cash, as Malky showed, we played a dire unadventurous percentage game but had weapons. We sealed the deal so no one cared.

Warnock's direct pace and power system was cheaper as fewer championship clubs were after the same type of player. Warnock's genius is fitting players into systems that exploit the stuff they are good at and hide the stuff they can't do.
NML wasn't the most natural of footballers but when he did sort his feet out after receiving the ball or when running onto it who would you prefer to watch today versus all our wingers?

Preston are big, strong, quick, and had a few technical players, not sure how I'd describe our players apart from, slow, and static with a few technical players. But I always think of Preston as a more physical version of us, they were, they have just adapted with more quality, that is a multi-season approach.

I think most of us believe one way or another Bulut will leave and we start all over again, with a new philosophy and new players that the new manager wants, leaving us with players from Harris, Mad Mick, Morison, and Bulut.......just plain crazy behaviour from the owner and board.

What a post! :clap:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:32 am

Good post.

But nothing wrong with playing good football.

But agree, lots of ways to get the job done.

The issue we face is not having a style that we stick too. As much as we hate Swansea, they’ve been successful for so long because they stuck to a style, hired managers who fit that style and philosophy which made it easier for the current squad and always signed players who were a good fit. Obviously now they are run bad and it’s awesome, but give them some investment and they’ll challenge again.

All well run clubs usually stick to a way of playing football and build a culture from first team down to every level of the academy.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:46 am

Is the Riddler still connected to them.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:48 am

dorsetblue wrote:Is the Riddler still connected to them.

Yes

Buts it’s owned by a local Millionaire who really cares for them.

I’ve met his Grandson who is inheriting them, but sadly he just wants to sell them on £50mill / Debt Free.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:50 am

Enjoy reading that and a lot of truth.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Enjoy reading that and a lot of truth.

Still amazes me thinking back having 20+ shots every game with less then 35% possesion lol

Watched the game last night was enjoyable, Should of been 2-2 at half time, Leicester missed some sitters in the second half and it came back to haunt them.

I love to walk away from a game think dam would could of won if we took some of them chances, now its walking away thinking wish we had some shots at target lol

Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:50 pm

Southampton 1 Millwall 2