Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: They will drive fans away / CCFC Stewards:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 pm

Not over reacting but I renewed through COVID , bought the golden ticket ages ago stuck by the club it's not right treating loyal fans like that , perhaps everyone who is a season ticket holder should not renew next season to make a point, perhaps I'm throwing my toys out the cot ,but don't know if I'll renew next season

Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:34 pm

MikeO76 wrote:I sit just a few seats along from the person who was accused of using abusive language. He sits in the back row so the person who made the complaint couldn't have seen a barcode on the back of his chair. I would suggest the accuser sits close and targeted this person.

He asked the steward who made the complaint and what he was accused of saying but the steward said he didn't know, they were acting on their supervisors instructions so he asked to see the supervisor which he did at half time. The supervisor wouldn't answer his questions either so he said he wouldn't expect any warning the club give him. The supervisor then said he'd have a written apology from the club.

What a load of b01102ks and a complete waste of time from the stewards. As I said, I sit a few seats along and I didn't hear any foul or abusive language.

If you don't like bad language go and sit in the family stand or stay at home and let the real supporters, support the club.

The QR codes are on the back of every other seat are not for that seat but just to open link.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:56 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:04 pm

The CCS experience is pretty easy to understand

Ninian - Main stand where the majority of CCFC fans congregate, may get a bit raucous and loud, standing is not allowed
Canton- The stand for those who want the full experience; loud, raucous mostly standing
Grange- The stand for the family, no swearing, standing but need to be accompanied by children to be allowed in
Grandstand - Slightly more expensive, better concourse, swearing, and other raucous behavior not accepted

Why is it so difficult? There are kids in the Ninian but you have a stand if you don't like it or perhaps the grandstand is the best place for the person who complained

Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:13 pm

The idea of the bar codes ect is meant to be for racist or homophobic like language gestures like sala one.... and sexual harassment! It is certainly not aimed at bad language unless of course its aimed at people which can happen! On face of it it's a good idea but unfortunately it as not been explained very well within the notice hence going to get petty complaints by some people that forces stewards to react as they've undoubtedly be told to do...... and as been said perhaps main granstand more suitable to them although bad language is heared on level 4 it is self policed without problems.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:01 pm

ion wrote:Not over reacting but I renewed through COVID , bought the golden ticket ages ago stuck by the club it's not right treating loyal fans like that , perhaps everyone who is a season ticket holder should not renew next season to make a point, perhaps I'm throwing my toys out the cot ,but don't know if I'll renew next season

The way my son was treated yesterday on entry to the ground was a disgrace. We have become so used to being treated like scum by some of the stewards too many of us treat it as normal.

I have supported the club for 50+ years and my son who is 23 has been a supporter since he was 6. We have both been season ticket holders for years.

Yesterday was the final straw. I will not being renewing next year and neither will my son.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:10 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
ion wrote:Not over reacting but I renewed through COVID , bought the golden ticket ages ago stuck by the club it's not right treating loyal fans like that , perhaps everyone who is a season ticket holder should not renew next season to make a point, perhaps I'm throwing my toys out the cot ,but don't know if I'll renew next season

The way my son was treated yesterday on entry to the ground was a disgrace. We have become so used to being treated like scum by some of the stewards too many of us treat it as normal.

I have supported the club for 50+ years and my son who is 23 has been a supporter since he was 6. We have both been season ticket holders for years.

Yesterday was the final straw. I will not being renewing next year and neither will my son.

What happened mate?

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?
As we went through the search routine the guy just ushered me through. I thought my son was a while so i turned round to see this steward frisking him as if he had was in a police cell. He grabbed hold of my sons pecs and sqeezed them, my son was so startled he shouted out at which point the steward then searched him more vigorously including placing inside hands the top of his trousers. I remonstrated with him and then we complained to the steward inside who was quite sympathetic. She was called for the supervisor who basically dismissed it.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:20 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?
As we went through the search routine the guy just ushered me through. I thought my son was a while so i turned round to see this steward frisking him as if he had was in a police cell. He grabbed hold of my sons pecs and sqeezed them, my son was so startled he shouted out at which point the steward then searched him more vigorously including placing inside hands the top of his trousers. I remonstrated with him and then we complained to the steward inside who was quite sympathetic. She was called for the supervisor who basically dismissed it.

This happened to me about a month ago, I am 67 years old and said to him you have no right to do a body search to which he said pointing to his badge on his arm this gives me authority to do so if I refuse I would be be refused entry.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:24 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?

That, I can assure you, is illegal in several ways; the main one being he is still a minor....

I've expressed my informed opinion on here before now on other threads that some (not all) of our Stewards are acting beyond their legal remit, as well as acting out their life frustrations...

Selective treatment (usually against our youngsters) has been going on for some seasons now and I have seen certain Stewards moved (maybe dismissed?) when complaints are upheld; but they need to be reported and chased up...

I think you should do so...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:54 am

Sven wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?

That, I can assure you, is illegal in several ways; the main one being he is still a minor....

I've expressed my informed opinion on here before now on other threads that some (not all) of our Stewards are acting beyond their legal remit, as well as acting out their life frustrations...

Selective treatment (usually against our youngsters) has been going on for some seasons now and I have seen certain Stewards moved (maybe dismissed?) when complaints are upheld; but they need to be reported and chased up...

Thanks for your support. Actually he is not a minor he is 23. If he had been i would have reported him to the police. I am thinking of reporting it to the club but not quite sure who i should contact

Some of the stewards are fine but I think the message is coming from the top - not the club itself -but those in charge of security who see us a some sort of lower life form. I don't want to tar them all with the same brush but there is a minority who revel in being able to boss people about in their otherwise dreary lives. From the moment you approach the gates the whole atmosphere becomes oppressive with a few in particular barking out orders to people to open their coats with no hint of it being a polite request. I have had a guts full of it and after 50 plus years of non stop attendance I am seriously considering never attending again.

As an aside, the night before I went to watch Barry Town. I was welcomed into the ground by the cheerful guy on the turnstile, paid £5 quid to get in, had a tea and chips for £4.50 (loads of them) and stood where i wanted. I had a nice night. Football wasn't very good but its hardly "like watching Brazil" at the CCS! :lol:

Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:04 am

Bebbsyboy wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?

This happened to me about a month ago, I am 67 years old and said to him you have no right to do a body search to which he said pointing to his badge on his arm this gives me authority to do so if I refuse I would be be refused entry.

And thats partly what they are relying on. That you wont walk away because you have already paid.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:00 am

JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?

Thanks for your support. Actually he is not a minor he is 23. If he had been i would have reported him to the police. I am thinking of reporting it to the club but not quite sure who i should contact

Some of the stewards are fine but I think the message is coming from the top - not the club itself -but those in charge of security who see us a some sort of lower life form. I don't want to tar them all with the same brush but there is a minority who revel in being able to boss people about in their otherwise dreary lives. From the moment you approach the gates the whole atmosphere becomes oppressive with a few in particular barking out orders to people to open their coats with no hint of it being a polite request. I have had a guts full of it and after 50 plus years of non stop attendance I am seriously considering never attending again.

As an aside, the night before I went to watch Barry Town. I was welcomed into the ground by the cheerful guy on the turnstile, paid £5 quid to get in, had a tea and chips for £4.50 (loads of them) and stood where i wanted. I had a nice night. Football wasn't very good but it’s hardly "like watching Brazil" at the CCS! :lol:

I’d be spitting nails too but We need all the proper fans we can get mate so please keep supporting the team and take the problem up with the security firm (via the club). :thumbup:

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:53 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?

As an aside, the night before I went to watch Barry Town. I was welcomed into the ground by the cheerful guy on the turnstile, paid £5 quid to get in, had a tea and chips for £4.50 (loads of them) and stood where i wanted. I had a nice night. Football wasn't very good but it’s hardly "like watching Brazil" at the CCS! :lol:

I’d be spitting nails too but We need all the proper fans we can get mate so please keep supporting the team and take the problem up with the security firm (via the club). :thumbup:

I will do.Any idea who at the club to contact?

Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:13 am

JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

What happened mate?

I will do.Any idea who at the club to contact?

I’d go through to main switchboard and ask them. I’m imagining it would be club secretary but not sure. Good luck mate :thumbup:

Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:36 pm

I'm at the back of the Canton HH what annoys me with the Stewards,and many many others is the checking of tickets/cards etc you get about 2/3 up those stairs and there's a steward asking to check your ticket which you've put back in your pocket from the 2 stewards as you go up the stairs,then about 4 steps later there's another Stewart wanting a look???
The swearing doesn't seem to be an issue there