Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SAM IS BACK

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 pm

in the Country just arrived in to London.
Said he was very saddened by our recent run of results, We have the Talent but if there is NO HEART in OUR PLAYERS or MANAGER, then its NO GOOD.

He asked how things were and he was in a genuine total shock when I told him all the latest, Sam has been away with his family on holidays for the last 3 weeks, when he left and had signed the papers he thought everything was well. Langstons money is due this month .
Also things need to be tightened up at our Club.
He hopes to catch up with PR.

Re: SAM IS BACK

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Ho worried is he about potentially not receiving a pot to piss in ?

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Only My Opinion, if Sam had been here last year after the Preston away and Ipswich home games, a lot of people would off been signing on.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:07 pm

As has been stated, I'm not Sam's biggest fan but one thing he did know was how to put fire in the belly. In fact, in return for Sam's agreement to sign the debt deal, I'd offer him the chance to go into the changing room before every match and get the players going!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Sniffing a conspiracy theory has Sam’s return anything to do with January 6th? :o

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Now Tony, that has put the cat amongst the pigeons!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sniffing a conspiracy theory has Sam’s return anything to do with January 6th? :o

I wouldn't think so.
What has paying HMRC got to do with Sam?

This is Ridsdale's debt.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Me thinks the vultures are gathering.
Things will be very interesting, if nerve racking over next week or so.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Yes lets all Rem this, All the DEBTS NOWADAYS ARE THIS PRESENT CARDIFF CITY BOARDS.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:13 pm

So is he concerned that he might not get anything if the club goes through then or is he not worried

Bearing in mind his debt is unsecured ?

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes lets all Rem this, All the DEBTS NOWADAYS ARE THIS PRESENT CARDIFF CITY BOARDS.

Strictly that is correct they are now responsible for all debts in the Cardiff City name. However the Langstone debt was not incurred by the current board they just took it on.

I'm no insider and have no inside information but the loan notes were secured during Sam's regime from a company that Sam is either directly involved with or closely associated with. The judgment at the Royal Courts of Justice last year virtually said as much.

Therefore I think it's slightly over-egging it to say that the current mess is solely down to the present regime. Yes, they have done little to reduce that debt (and obviously they should have made a much greater effort then they have) but to hold them solely responsible is overly harsh.

I'm not defending the current situation but just trying to put a fairer perspective on things.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:41 pm

I'd like to see Sam at the Blackpool game :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I'd like to see Sam at the Blackpool game :ayatollah:

i would love to meet him

oi suggsy whats up with dapper with his st????

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:47 pm

He hasn't renewed yet Baz, still plans to, but going to do it at the end of the season as normal. You can't rush the Dapper :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:47 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I'd like to see Sam at the Blackpool game :ayatollah:

i would love to meet him

oi suggsy whats up with dapper with his st????

im not going to blackpool baz! I will see you in Napier before Doncaster game for a beer!!!!! :lol: And i would love to meet you!!!! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:52 pm

i know, everybody does :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

many have and many will ;)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:53 pm

i know, everybody does :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

many have and many will ;)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:58 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yes lets all Rem this, All the DEBTS NOWADAYS ARE THIS PRESENT CARDIFF CITY BOARDS.

Strictly that is correct they are now responsible for all debts in the Cardiff City name. However the Langstone debt was not incurred by the current board they just took it on.

I'm no insider and have no inside information but the loan notes were secured during Sam's regime from a company that Sam is either directly involved with or closely associated with. The judgment at the Royal Courts of Justice last year virtually said as much.

Therefore I think it's slightly over-egging it to say that the current mess is solely down to the present regime. Yes, they have done little to reduce that debt (and obviously they should have made a much greater effort then they have) but to hold them solely responsible is overly harsh.

I'm not defending the current situation but just trying to put a fairer perspective on things.

What he's saying though, is that the current mess with creditors, HMRC, lack or players, selling off our income streams such as the catering and hospitality etc isn't anything left behind - not directly anyway.
There is the langstone debt, but if nothing has been paid off from it and I don't know about interest payments but that can't be an excuse surely?
If they had been paying it off, or had to pay massive interest on it then fair enough but the way I see it, the club have managed to get themselves into even more trouble and even more debts without even touching the langstone debt.
Everything that's happening at the moment, with large creditors not being paid, rumours of bills not being paid, not keeping to HMRC repayment schedules and all the other alleged financial problems must be down to the current running of the club surely?

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Sorry of course I dont mean the Langston debt, I mean the millions that are now owed due to how our club is run.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:23 pm

if you really do love us sam save us :D

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:32 pm

sam, pm me we need a chat!! if not get my nimber off annis, :lol:

i really would love to meet the man, and nelson mandella, and bluecheg :oops:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:32 pm

To be fair all are in it for the money? Someone would only save us if there was a nice pay-day at the end of it.

Sometimes i think f**k it. f**k langston and the rest of em, and lets start again.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:38 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:To be fair all are in it for the money? Someone would only save us if there was a nice pay-day at the end of it.

Sometimes i think f**k it. f**k langston and the rest of em, and lets start again.

unless your like the wigan chairman or roman abramovich

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Fair enough

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Now for Sam Hammam to say that the purse strings should be tightened is taking the p1ss!

I just do not know why he went away from his successful model at Wimbledon of paying everyone (including the team) peanuts.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Sam's not a bad egg. He has his faults, but he is a saint compared to PR!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 pm

sam hamman is a c**t :evil:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Sam is back today, and TNT starts posting again tonight.. Hmmmmm :o

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 pm

I have only read the headline of the thread, wasn't his biggest fan at the end of his tenure holding the club to ransom etc, but the way the latest bunch are handling things is nothing but beyond belief, personally i would say welcome back Sam, at least he had some bollocks (not just sheep ones) What have we got to lose (apart from CCFC) that the other are nearly f*cking up single handedly. I might get shot down in flames for this post, but hey, Whatever. We seem to be losing a losing battle here and have no one to stand up for us, i used to believe in once bitten twice shy, but not so sure sure at the moment. Ah well, another two minutes wasted posting... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Minty wrote:I have only read the headline of the thread, wasn't his biggest fan at the end of his tenure holding the club to ransom etc, but the way the latest bunch are handling things is nothing but beyond belief, personally i would say welcome back Sam, at least he had some bollocks (not just sheep ones) What have we got to lose (apart from CCFC) that the other are nearly f*cking up single handedly. I might get shot down in flames for this post, but hey, Whatever. We seem to be losing a losing battle here and have no one to stand up for us, i used to believe in once bitten twice shy, but not so sure sure at the moment. Ah well, another two minutes wasted posting... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As far as I'm aware, Sam has never "held the club to ransom", he handed over control of the club on the agreement that his millions invested would be paid back. When it didn't start to get paid he understandably got upset and took action. Its now years since he's gone and not a penny has been paid back. Sam has never once threatened to put the club into administration, the current regime threatened to do it if Sam didn't go along with their wishes.